Berlin based Cov fans (1 Viewer)

withers

It's a long shot but... are there any other Sky Blues in Berlin?

Sba180

City actually played during an air raid v reading. Must have been a friendly. Remember reading it somewhere. Just saying

Ashdown1

I went to Berlin years ago for a City visit with the wife, fantastic City, a lot of building at that time, so it must be even better now. On the last day before we flew home in the evening we met up with a stack of English folk in a bar to watch England v Sweden in a Finals match, Not sure if it was World Cup or Euro's, it was 2002 !

andrew.roberts

We didn´t rteally answer the poor guy´s question...however it´s a fantastic city. Personally really liked the Kreuzberg area, some great bars and fantastic beer

Plymouth Sky Blue

Cracking Irish bar in the Europa centre near the Zoo!!!
An even better local bar about two doors along. Tiny little place but very friendly!!!!

scroobiustom

I've got a programme from a Cov/ Bayern pre-season friendly, thats my connection...

Hincha

If you go and see local folk act Shanahan and Co the old fellah with the beard John Shanahan comes from Coventry - he lived in Catesbury Rd Radford. He will be a fan by association. Also a brilliant bloke.

withers

If you go and see local folk act Shanahan and Co the old fellah with the beard John Shanahan comes from Coventry - he lived in Catesbury Rd Radford. He will be a fan by association. Also a brilliant bloke.

cheers - tenuous - but I'll need someone to watch JPT and play off finals with!

withers

yes, it's a great city - came from London in 2008 with my other half, with a plan to stay for a year but we're still here and have a daughter so looking quite settled. it's great if you're into music/culture, it's very cheap (compared to London - and also prob Cov), summers are much hotter...but the downsides are the cold winters and cracking the language (getting there slowly). Also if you get the chance to come over - don't bother with going to see Hertha Berlin in the quarter full national stadium - FC Union is where it's at - second tier - crowds of around 18,000, tenner in - mainly standing and drink as much as you like in a great atmosphere.

Steve.B50

We are thinking of Berlin for our anal lads away weekend in August.
Couple of lads are ex Army and can get by in German.
Been told its a great city.

withers

We are thinking of Berlin for our anal lads away weekend in August.
Couple of lads are ex Army and can get by in German.
Been told its a great city.

I play footie 5-a-side/11-a-side for Hasenheide Hotspur - an international bunch of layabouts - if you wanted a game while over (we've played a few holidaying brits before)

ldo193

yes, it's a great city - came from London in 2008 with my other half, with a plan to stay for a year but we're still here and have a daughter so looking quite settled. it's great if you're into music/culture, it's very cheap (compared to London - and also prob Cov), summers are much hotter...but the downsides are the cold winters and cracking the language (getting there slowly). Also if you get the chance to come over - don't bother with going to see Hertha Berlin in the quarter full national stadium - FC Union is where it's at - second tier - crowds of around 18,000, tenner in - mainly standing and drink as much as you like in a great atmosphere.

With any luck there will be another City fan in Berlin next year when I move over. Not sure about FC Union though, I watch TSG Neustrelitz when I'm there, a bit smaller but still plenty of beer, bratties and banter.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've got a mate from Cov who now lives in Herborn with his German missus. (He's not into footie though). Not sure where Herborn is. Don't think it's anywhere near Berlin.

Users who are viewing this thread