Best and Worst Signings since Relegation (From Prem) (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Amidst the continued doom and gloom, a football related thread from happier times (anything's better than right now)...

Best: Michael Mifsud/Marlon King
Worst: Ellery Cairo/Keith O'Neill

Discuss...

ajsccfc

I can see the case for Cairo, but as a freebie who didn't play enough to really disappoint, I'd have him way down the list headed by Freddie Eastwood.

Cranfield Sky Blue

Worst is a draw between Bell-end and Eastwood. Best? Have there been any? Dennis Wise was fun for while, same as McGoldrick. Of the permanents I guess it would have to be Westwood.

Danceswithhorses

Lee Hughes cost £5m, was a shit player, and caused a road accident whilst drunk which killed someone....should be waaaayy top of the list

Last edited:

torchomatic

Most of Iain Dowie's.

RoboCCFC90

Best signings would have to be either Kieran Westwood or David McGoldrick.

Wrost signing would have to be Stephen O'Halloran or Lee Hughes

pusbccfc

Roy O'donovan
Callum Ball
Malaga
All a waste of time.

Julian Gray..

djpalms23

Best XI

Westwood

Keogh
Dann
Ward
Fox

Tabb
Wise
Gunnarsson

Mifsud
McGoldrick
King

djpalms23

Worst XI

Konstantopsis

O'Hallahran
Barnett
Malaga
Hussey

Gray
Clingan
Deegan

Kyle
O'Donavan
Eastwood

ajsccfc

There's no way Clingan deserves a place in a worst list, particularly if Gunnarsson's in a best list. The only real difference between the two was a big throw.

djpalms23

The only real difference between the two was a big throw.

and the fact Gunner could pass a ball forward, put a tackle in here and there as well is a big difference. who out of the two is playing in the scotish prem and who out the two is playing english prem???? :whistle:

ajsccfc

All of those things illustrate why Gunnarsson was more of a disappointment than Clingan. If he could do all this great stuff he's now doing, why didn't he do it for us rather than having one good season and then fade away for the rest of his time? All the things Clingan gets criticised for, Gunnarsson gets a free ride for.

torchomatic

I absolutely agree with this. Gunnarsson was a huge disappointment after the first season.

All of those things illustrate why Gunnarsson was more of a disappointment than Clingan. If he could do all this great stuff he's now doing, why didn't he do it for us rather than having one good season and then fade away for the rest of his time? All the things Clingan gets criticised for, Gunnarsson gets a free ride for.

skybluelee

Best: Westwood, Dann, Best, King

Worst: Oh good lord, I haven't got all day. As a starter I would say Sherwood.

Porkchophill

Best: westy , fox , Dann , mc goldy . half a season misfud, consistent keogh

Worst Kyle all ways reminds me of 1 of his first games at home having a shocker when 1 of my friends who's usually very calm calling him a donkey and a cart horse and constantly berating him all through the game only for him to score , then him getting a tap on his shoulder and a women saying to him,from the seat behind and I quote " Not Bad For A Carthorse My husband Is He " oooooh cringeworthy never seen a man shrink so quickly in a seat ha.
To,many to mention most recent shocker got to,go to Nathan tied my boots up wrong Cameron
R.O.D love to see his shots on target to pay ratio he is to goal scoring what Peter Beardseley was to modelling
Ultimate worst signing current owners would of been better off making Nick Leeson finance director

skybluesloyal83

Worst:
Matt Heath, Sebastien Olzar, Christian Negoui, Andy Impey, Kevin Kyle, Chris Birchall, Che Bunce, Colin Hawkins, Roy O'Donovan, Freddie Eastwood, Michael Doyle, Neil Wood, Lee Mills, Clayton Ince, Onandi Lowe, Brian Kerr, Scott Shearer, Trevor Benjamin, Shaun Goater, Eddie Johnson, Colin Cameron, Dean Leacock, Arjen de Zeeuw, Gary Borrowdale, Khalilou Fadiga, Julian Gray, Wayne Andrews...........my god we've had some shit play for us over the last 12 years

skyblueref

Worst XI

Konstantopsis

O'Hallahran
Barnett
Malaga
Hussey

Gray
Clingan
Deegan

Kyle
O'Donavan
Eastwood

Harsh in places I think; Malaga we haven't seen enough of to judge, Clingan was average but definitely not one of the worst. I liked deegan like a terrier but admit his final season with us wasn't the best.

skyblueref

I think Leon Barnett is the worst play 'I' have ever seen, god he was awful and then he goes a plays premier league football ...??

SkyBlueUkeman

Konstantopolous plays regularly for AEK now so I think he may have had the last laugh.

edit: Apparetly AEK went bankrupt and got relegated last year. Maybe not then...

Users who are viewing this thread