Best Manager Ever? (1 Viewer)

Saturday marked the 1,000th game of Arsene Wenger's reign at Arsenal. Some are hailing him as the greatest manager of all time. So we want to know your opinion. Who do you believe is the greatest manager of all time? Sir Alex Ferguson? Matt Busby? Brian Clough? Bill Shankly? Everyone opinion is valid. Please make sure your answers are in by 11.30 on Thursday morning if you want your answer used in Sports Lounge. If you don't wish your answer to be used on the show then please say so. Listen to Hilz FM at 10AM every Thursday morning for all your latest Sports news and views on Sports Lounge

Grendel

Andy Thorn

Morning guys! The show has kicked off so please get your answers in by 11.30 if you want it on the show. Any fancy Don Revie or Arsene Wenger?

SlowerThanPlatt

I'd say Don Revie underachieved with Leeds. Two titles, two fairs cups and one FA Cup in a 13 year period considering the players they had...Norman Hunter, Billy Bremner, Jack Charlton, Johnny Giles etc.

wingy

I'd say Don Revie underachieved with Leeds. Two titles, two fairs cups and one FA Cup in a 13 year period considering the players they had...Norman Hunter, Billy Bremner, Jack Charlton, Johnny Giles etc.

Forgot Johny Giles ,not a great ,but i swear Big ron took all the Credit for the team he built .

Scope for another thread here ,Big Ron not great!!

SkyblueBazza

For me it would be Ferguson in terms of trophies & consistency over such a long time...followed by Clough for achieving magnificent feats with N.Forest where the resources wouldn't IMO have been so easily supplied. Third for me is Bob Paisley as he again achieved trophies!
I think it's all relative though...Dave Bassett? Looked what he did for Wimbledon - they punched 3.5 divisions above their weight!

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread