Best manager in the "Dark years"? (1 Viewer)

Who would you have kept?

• Peter Reid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Iain Dowie

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Chris Coleman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aidy Boothroyd

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Andy Thorn

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Eric Black

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Roland Nilsson

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Gordon Strachan

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Gary McAllister

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

jto123

Who was the best of the managers we sacked in the last dire decade?

Grendel

Why is thorn on here? Have I missed something?

Grendel

It's a list aimed at trying to get thorn at the top,

Gray

i would've like to see id black had extra time, would he be in the same boat as coleman, thorn etc etc....he did well while here but only was manager for 4 months (just a question)

Grendel

Peter reids got my vote.

Stevec189

It is two different questions really. Who was the best Manager? Well has to be Adams on finish. Who would you have given more time too = Nillson and Black without a doubt!
PUSB

Glen

Eric Black would have took us places and who know where we would be now at least challenging to back up yes back up as at some point he would have promoted us.

Grendel

Must be a joke but with kduffy I'm not sure. :D

Yes it was a joke. I voted black purely as the football we played under him and he should have had a chance to develop the season after. Dowie and boothroyd were also sacked unfairly in my view.

Grendel

Good job I added Black etc as it looks like Black and Nilsson are catching up!

Why is thorn on here anyway as the question is in the past tense? If he wins does that mean he gets the boot? Can I change my vote?

Grendel

Good job I added Black etc as it looks like Black and Nilsson are catching up!

This poll is a fix. Everyone would vote Adrian heath given the chance.

torchomatic

Not necessarily true. We will never know for sure.

Eric Black, given more time would of done wonders!! I will stick by that for ever!

CJparker

Voted for AT, but Coleman was only sacked on the back of one bad run (especially that 0-4 against Watford). In March 2010 City were a point outside the play-offs after the away win at P'boro - we were dreaming of the Premiership - 2 months later we had finished lower half and CC was a gonner. It's been downhill ever since.

Grendel

If it's been downhill ever since why vote thorn?

Gray

how can anyone vote for thorn? its like voting for jedward to win the x factor!

CJparker

If it's been downhill ever since why vote thorn?

Because in spite of the team's situation i.e. owners, squad quality, bad luck etc, he has shown a lot of bottle in playing the right way. I think in the circumstances he's doing a great job.

The fans chant him name, even now - don't remember anyone singing Aidy or Coleman's names at games, never mind Dowie. That alone should tell you something.

Grendel

Because in spite of the team's situation i.e. owners, squad quality, bad luck etc, he has shown a lot of bottle in playing the right way. I think in the circumstances he's doing a great job.

The fans chant him name, even now - don't remember anyone singing Aidy or Coleman's names at games, never mind Dowie. That alone should tell you something.

Also I don't remember any chanting in the ground to sack the managers either. Hardly a strong case for the defense is it? Block 15 sang and thorn twice today M'lud?

Macca

Andy Thorn for me. He is a nice guy, has nothing to work with, no one else would come here and the players pass to each other in their own half.

Johnnythespider

Roland " not a hair out of place " nilsson for me, i truly think his professionalism would have payed dividends in the end. What this list proves is that we have had too many kneejerk sackings over the years.

Moff

how can anyone vote for thorn? its like voting for jedward to win the x factor!

You are right, perhaps the others that voted for Thorn also voted for Wagner the next year on X factor.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
I must be in the fekking mad house.

(Apologies normal service will be resumed soon)

CJparker

You are right, perhaps the others that voted for Thorn also voted for Wagner the next year on X factor.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
I must be in the fekking mad house.

(Apologies normal service will be resumed soon)

Bowler is that you?

Marty

Has to be Eric Black, Fast attacking football, that team he had was dreadful, managed to get the best out of them, picked up 1 or 2 players on loan, Bjarni Gudjonsson was the pick of the bunch. Sticking 4, 5 & 6's against other teams. Roland Nilsson is a close 2nd, although playing the best football, the team he had was class for this league and really should of been promoted. Would have come in the 2nd season if we'd kept him.

Saying that, I'd take Nilsson over Black, reckon with a bit of money Nilsson would achieve more.

keef

I'd like to have seen what EB could have achieved but to say he had an awful squad is stretching it a bit. I'd take that one over the current one anyday

]Shearer; Gudjonsson (Kerr 85); Warnock; Konjic; Davenport; Deloumeaux; Safri; McSheffrey; Barrett (Shaw 79); Doyle; Morrell.
Subs not used - Brush; Jorgensen; Whing.

Thats the line up from the day we smashed Gillingham. I would suggest its stronger than what we have now

Users who are viewing this thread