Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (4 Viewers)

OffenhamSkyBlue

Yeah, just finished it. Really liked it, but it does seem to flicker between styles a little awkwardly at times, but definitely worth watching, simply because it's a true story.
I've seen a few things recently where they have gone off-piste for back-story embellishment mid-series. I'm not a huge fan of that style, but it was vital in this case.

CCFCSteve

Just finished S2 of Kin, very good, especially last 2-3 episodes. Thought S1 was pretty slow but worth sticking with

Still no Love Hate overall though

ps also saw Civil War, might be missing something but didn’t think much of it

Ccfcisparks

Finished watching Baby Reindeer today, thought it was Brilliant.

Started Fallout this evening and watched 1 episode, love the way its filmed. Walton Goggins is one of my favourite actors, feel hes extremely underrated. He was brilliant in The Hateful Eight.

JAM See

Started Fallout this evening and watched 1 episode, love the way its filmed. Walton Goggins is one of my favourite actors, feel hes extremely underrated. He was brilliant in The Hateful Eight.
Struggling a bit with Baby Reindeer. True life stuff generally gets me down.

Fallout is superb, I'm much more comfortable with pure fiction.

Ccfcisparks

Struggling a bit with Baby Reindeer. True life stuff generally gets me down.

Fallout is superb, I'm much more comfortable with pure fiction.
I didn't realise it was based on real life till the very end. It seemed so surreal that it never clicked. It is very sad.

Ian1779

Just watched part 2 of Rebel Moon. I see it got panned by the critics but thought it was easy watching and fine enough.

Grendel

I think Baby Reindeer was superb. A bit too close to home in some respects but it’s phenomenal scripting and acting

Sky_Blue_Daz

Watched late night with the devil , felt there were a nod towards a couple of inside number 9 episodes but enjoyed it

ajsccfc

Enjoying Race Across the World again, only complaint is it's in danger of falling into the same tropes with regards the teams (parent-child who don't get along, older people looking for purpose in life) but they also seem to do a good job of vetting out the kind of people who apply for TV shows just to become a social media prick.

JAM See

I think Baby Reindeer was superb. A bit too close to home in some respects but it’s phenomenal scripting and acting
Finished it finally.
I agree it's a great bit of telly, but, fucking hell, it was awful at times.

I went into it knowing it was basically a true story. The GLW didn't.

Two completely different takes on the same narrative I'd say.

torchomatic

Never played the game but think Walton Goggins is great in whatever role he plays

Can a non player watch the series ?
I'm a non player and loved it. I might not get in jokes or nods to the game, but didn't spoil my enjoyment. Loved it.

I'm rewatching The Last Of Us now.

Nick

Administrator
Finished it finally.
I agree it's a great bit of telly, but, fucking hell, it was awful at times.

I went into it knowing it was basically a true story. The GLW didn't.

Two completely different takes on the same narrative I'd say.

Didnt realise until after it was actually him playing the role too.

shmmeee

Just watched S2 of Invincible. Really enjoyed it, but seems to end halfway through with no real resolution.

This seems to be a trend. 8 episode “seasons” that don’t have the time to do a proper season so really you get half a season every two years.

Bring back proper 22 episode seasons.

Hertsccfc

Just finished S2 of Kin, very good, especially last 2-3 episodes. Thought S1 was pretty slow but worth sticking with

Still no Love Hate overall though

ps also saw Civil War, might be missing something but didn’t think much of it
I was really disappointed in Civil War. Seems to have had really good reviews but it seemed a bit dull and predictable. Not at all what I expected. Like you I feel I must have been missing something, but I kept thinking all the way along when is this actually going to get interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread