Biamou still has lots to offer (1 Viewer)

Paul O Donoghue

Max justified his selection v Reading in spades in my humble opinion. Worked his arsenal off , won every header, was denied by a crossbar in his first Championship outing. Great attitude and an effective partner to Matty God. The contrast in the Reading game to the Boro match in terms of team shape was enormous and credit Robins for making the adjustment. In the Borough match God was expected to run all match for 96 minutes on his todd and it looked ridiculous. Biamou brought physical presence, aerial ability and decent work rate on top of his unpredictability and I was thrilled for him tonight. Viveash rightly hugged him after the match. Great win and vital 3 points after a torrid first few games. Hamer needs to cool it a tad but a great lad. Love Ostigard and Dom Hyam has been our best player so far this season. Don't know what Robins sees in Jamie Allen at all. Turned his arse to the cross that brought them their second goal. Too small and has no tackle. PUSB. Forest next.

Paul O Donoghue

He is just an honest grafter with an ability to do magical stuff at times. The goals he has scored for Coventry are often bizarre and spectacular but at least he has a go ,backs himself. His career path has been unorthodox but I love the player's cavalier style. It would be very hard to drop him after the Reading game and I find it difficult to understand why he was being shown the door a few weeks back. He's not Messi but he'll do me.

hill83

giphy.gif

Great_Expectations

Completely agree. Foolish to write him off based on his age and relative lack of experience.

Of course there are better link type players out there, but none that we could afford/attract that would be any better than Max. He’s the only striker in our squad capable of playing that role and his technical ability is very good - something that actually matters more in this league than previously.

He was written off in L2 and L1 by some, and he proved them wrong on both occasions. Let’s hope he does the same again.

Godden looked better last night and thats no coincidence. The same way McNulty did alongside Biamou.

I’m sure someone will quote his goal scoring record, but rating a striker based solely on goals scored is Dinosaur stuff.

Magwitch

I like Max too always have and as I’ve said played well and made a difference last night BUT we need better I’m hoping that will be young Walker and he can produce once fit. Get the forwards right we can climb up this league imo.

stevefloyd

is that the end of Baka now - disappeared from the match day squad altogether
Wouldnt worry me at all if he wasnt to feature anymore for us, he has been given chances but has shown fuck all, I would think Ponticelli has more of a chance of playing before him now ;)

ccfc1234

I like Max too always have and as I’ve said played well and made a difference last night BUT we need better I’m hoping that will be young Walker and he can produce once fit. Get the forwards right we can climb up this league imo.
Not sure he is the same kind of player as Max. Godden and Walker seem like our best strikers on paper but combinations and how they link are far more important. If we're playing 2 up top there will be enough game time for all of them.

What I like about last night is Robins DNA was also not compromised. For me Robins likes wing backs and 3 CBs. I feel we can retain that philosophy and 2 up top or 1 up top and 2 ACMs does not change our style too much.

superskyblue

I don't think Max played that well last night, he is capable of much better. But still think he made a big difference. Godden was much better for having him up there. Would definitely persist with the front two and Walker should be pushing Max for his place.

RegTheDonk

As a person, love Max and thought he did OK. Had some good flick ons and helped Godden out well. Tucked that one away and there would be a meltdown here lol!

Anyone with some proper footballing knowledge please explain why Max started as opposed to Walker? Seems strange as the bloke is supposedly a higher quality player. Is it style, physique, technique, or fitness?

Evo1883

I'm not his biggest fan... But thought he had a solid game... Still think if we play 2 up walker will be the man next to godden going forward

Evo1883

As a person, love Max and thought he did OK. Had some good flick ons and helped Godden out well. Tucked that one away and there would be a meltdown here lol!

Anyone with some proper footballing knowledge please explain why Max started as opposed to Walker? Seems strange as the bloke is supposedly a higher quality player. Is it style, physique, technique, or fitness?
Wasn't fit anyway, then had to isolate for 10 or so days... Simply fitness

stupot07

Style and physicality. For me Walker looks more like a Godden type player than a target man/link player, which is what Max is. I think Robins has finally woken up to how physical this league is. I expect Biamou to start on Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Fitness

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Thought he had a good game. Linked up well and he and Godden almost complimented each other where as before maybe he would be too close to a strike partner and his flick ons would usually come to very little unless picked up by midfield
Shame his shot didn't go in

eastwoodsdustman

Fitness but also strength and aerial ability. By playing Max last night a lot of pressure was taken off us defensively. It gave them time to recover instead of the constant bombardment they’ve had playing 1 up front. Walker is similar to Godden as far as I can see in the he will play off someone rather than the target man.

larry_david

Walker is long term for sure. Hardly featured at this level but excelled below. We have to bide our time. Max did almost everything right last night and it seemed to fire up godden as well. Just the hold up play, support etc.

Walker will be long term, Max has to do that job now and if he'd played against that bag of shite boro, all those ridiculous long balls we did would have stuck allowing us out.

Also I'm a massive Kelly fan that's obvious but to bring allen on with 5 mins to go instead of the one player we have who can buy time, composure, captain... Just seemed bizarre to me. Think Allen touched it once

Sky Blue Pete

Walker is long term for sure. Hardly featured at this level but excelled below. We have to bide our time. Max did almost everything right last night and it seemed to fire up godden as well. Just the hold up play, support etc.

Walker will be long term, Max has to do that job now and if he'd played against that bag of shite boro, all those ridiculous long balls we did would have stuck allowing us out.

Also I'm a massive Kelly fan that's obvious but to bring allen on with 5 mins to go instead of the one player we have who can buy time, composure, captain... Just seemed bizarre to me. Think Allen touched it once
Its almost as if robins knows better than us

Users who are viewing this thread