Bidwell (2 Viewers)

djr8369

Of course we lacked cover ffs. Absurd to say otherwise.

And what LWB did we sign last season that's a dud?
Virtually everyone was in agreement it was the postion we needed cover for.
And he means Reid, who was signed for the U23 I think so not really “cover” anyway.

Grendel

Virtually everyone was in agreement it was the postion we needed cover for.
And he means Reid, who was signed for the U23 I think so not really “cover” anyway.

We signed him on a 3 and a half year deal for a fee - of course he was intended to be a first team squad member

Ridgewell is not cover - he's a first choice - he would not be signing as a reserve to a 19 year old. Again I will make the point for the 10th time - signing Ridgewell was not something needed for this season to push for promotion - like Kane its a long term signing - he is 29 and not a cover position

SlowerThanPlatt

We signed him on a 3 and a half year deal for a fee - of course he was intended to be a first team squad member

Ridgewell is not cover - he's a first choice - he would not be signing as a reserve to a 19 year old. Again I will make the point for the 10th time - signing Ridgewell was not something needed for this season to push for promotion - like Kane its a long term signing - he is 29 and not a cover position
Liam?

better days

Abundantly clear that part of loan agreement is to play Maatsen.

Very detrimental to Bidwell’s development and to the teams shape.

Allen for one offers loads more in that midfield role and Bidwell much more of a defender that Maatsen is.

Loans are great but not when they have a negative impact on the team.

Interestingly listening to the Blackpool coms they were raving about Bidwell calling him a consistent Championship performer.

We have a player-just needs game time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Plenty of people within the club think there is some kind of commitment to play the Chelsea guys FB so I suspect you're right
Not the greatest thing for team spirit if one or both of them aren't justifying starting over one of our own players

Have a grim smile at the vendettas against individual players by some forum contributors
A fair number are just waiting for a player to fail so they can say 'I told you so' and look for scapegoats in the management or recruitment team

SlowerThanPlatt

Plenty of people within the club think there is some kind of commitment to play the Chelsea guys FB so I suspect you're right
Not the greatest thing for team spirit if one or both of them aren't justifying starting over one of our own players

Have a grim smile at the vendettas against individual players by some forum contributors
A fair number are just waiting for a player to fail so they can say 'I told you so' and look for scapegoats in the management or recruitment team

What even Clarke Salter? Not sure why we’re letting them dictate that - he’s 24 has no future at Chelsea and hasn’t played higher

NorthernWisdom

What even Clarke Salter? Not sure why we’re letting them dictate that - he’s 24 has no future at Chelsea and hasn’t played higher
Usually the fee / wage contribution's higher if they don't play, though, so there's an incentive regardless. Chelsea would probably rather we didn't play Clarke-Salter for the reasons you say, I guess. Get more cash out of us that way!

better days

No one knows for sure apart from the management team I guess
But many loan deals with top PL sides are structured that way
Sometimes with a financial penalty as to the contribution to the wages of the loanee
Don't know what these two are on but rumour was Dujon Sterling was on £18k per week
Naturally we would only pay a small proportion of that if he was playing

PVA

Yes loan deals can be structured so that it's, for example, £2k a week wage contribution when he's playing and £5k a week if he's on the bench.

blunted

Think some players on loan have a clause in the contract that we have to pay a penalty fee if they do not play enough. Makes sense for the PL club. They want their players to get experience not sit on the bench or play in the U23s.

Fergusons_Beard

Completely Agree BD about that Vendetta stuff.

Beggars belief that some City fans jump on the back of players backs just for one off key performance.

Luckily most with an once of common sense on here realise we are a work in progress.

I would also guess that there’s a deal to buy JCS at the end of the year (just like we had for Sheaf) and that part of the loan deal doesn’t involve playing him in every game.

cc84cov

giphy.gif

skyblue025

Completely Agree BD about that Vendetta stuff.

Beggars belief that some City fans jump on the back of players backs just for one off key performance.

Luckily most with an once of common sense on here realise we are a work in progress.

I would also guess that there’s a deal to buy JCS at the end of the year (just like we had for Sheaf) and that part of the loan deal doesn’t involve playing him in every game.

JCS is out of contract at the end of the season so can sign for who he likes on a free as he's over 24.

Frostie

Kane has also dropped deeper compared to recent weeks too.

To me Kane doesn't look fully fit & Bidwell is still finding his feet.
They were both pretty high tonight though considering it's an away game.

Neither is really one to beat a man & drive to the byline though, they want to get the ball out of feet & deliver quality into the box, Cardiff didn't really allow that tonight.

Screenshot_20220215-220238~2.png

shmmeee

To me Kane doesn't look fully fit & Bidwell is still finding his feet.
They were both pretty high tonight though considering it's an away game.

Neither is really one to beat a man & drive to the byline though, they want to get the ball out of feet & deliver quality into the box, Cardiff didn't really allow that tonight.

View attachment 23842

Who is going to allow your winger to stand out in miles of space and receive the ball? Other than our wingbacks of course.

Frostie

Who is going to allow your winger to stand out in miles of space and receive the ball? Other than our wingbacks of course.

No, true but you can create space for them with dynamic movement & overloading the centre but we looked devoid of ideas tonight.

It's a shame we've not had all 4 wing-backs fit at the same time, you have 2 real athletes who like to dribble in Dabo/Maatsen & 2 who look to cross from deeper in Kane/Bidwell. Could open up a lot more options for us.

fernandopartridge

No, true but you can create space for them with dynamic movement & overloading the centre but we looked devoid of ideas tonight.

It's a shame we've not had all 4 wing-backs fit at the same time, you have 2 real athletes who like to dribble in Dabo/Maatsen & 2 who look to cross from deeper in Kane/Bidwell. Could open up a lot more options for us.
Shipley never once broke the line though did he? It's something he did in league 1 to drag players around but he just played in a very small space tonight

pusbccfc

His movement going forward is horredous. So many times Sheaf/Allen/O'Hare/Hyam tried looking for him but he was making the opposite runs that Maatsen previously made.

Great_Expectations

It’s early days still, he’s not played regularly for a while and he’s getting used to how we play. His record is impressive so I’m sure he’ll be an addition to the squad. I’ve said all this before.

However, the WB roles are massively important to how we play and he doesn’t look a natural WB to me. I appreciate today he was asked to watch Bowler, but he just offers nothing offensively with his positioning.

I said it before but I worry if him and Kane start as WB’s we lose all our dynamism for wide areas. We know the crossing game will be on point, but those roles need more than that.

Again, I’m sure he’ll come good, he’s massively experienced, but if we want to play on the front foot, attack teams and be creative then Maatsen has to start.

Still very much this.

Users who are viewing this thread