Big Clubs League 2 (1 Viewer)

Adge

Not that we need reminding of it (L2) but was having a conversation earlier about this and couldn’t recall a bigger club than us at that level. Maybe Portsmouth and possibly Bolton?
Can’t think of many others.

covcity4life

Yeah. They just don't bother me that's all.

Same for league one. Although enjoyed that one less cos in Birmingham(altho bianou last min winner Vs Bolton was great memory) and then season ended early.

rob9872

Luton?

rob9872

I think Fulham too

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It's odd but I have nothing but good memories of league 2 because we bounced back at first time of asking and it has such an amazing ending
I always think the play offs cloud people’s judgement - the 46 game league season was just horrendous in quality and we shouldn’t have had to go through the playoffs

losing 6-2 to Yeovil(who also did the double over us) ,Lincoln 4-2, 1-0 at home to Newport, forest green and Accrington Stanley doing the double over us… not forgetting the horrendous 4 points we dropped to Morecambe.

I have no desire to see us at that level again

rob9872

I always think the play offs cloud people’s judgement - the 46 game league season was just horrendous in quality and we shouldn’t have had to go through the playoffs

losing 6-2 to Yeovil(who also did the double over us) ,Lincoln 4-2, 1-0 at home to Newport, forest green and Accrington Stanley doing the double over us… not forgetting the horrendous 4 points we dropped to Morecambe.

I agree, but I think we needed to hit rock bottom, to be able to rise as we have.

Sick Boy

Yeah we made it a lot harder than it should have been. There were some grim journeys back home after defeats.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Yeah we made it a lot harder than it should have been. There were some grim journeys back home after defeats.
I remember drawing 0-0 with chesterfield away before McNulty started scoring … he was straight through and missed an absolute sittter - I just remember thinking what the fuck have we got ourselves into.

Made an absolute horror show of that season. Thank fuck we only stayed 1 season

rob9872

We were lucky to get through that playoff semi as well, some very generous decisions.
Definitely. In fact there were times in L1 when in all seriousness I believed Robins had taken us to his limit and despite not getting involved in the taxi on here etc, I expected him to move on. So pleased he proved that wrong and he's continued to have lots of luck along the way, but manager continuity can't be underestimated.

alexccfc99

Lincoln were decent that season in fairness - They did lose the other semi

I really didn't want them in the final at the time they bullied us at our place

Evo1883

You can see all clubs that have competed in L2 here. I think we're the biggest. Bolton maybe second?
Debatable that we're bigger than bolton historically .. now and potential wise sure but they've spent 73 years in the top flight , have an all time average similar to ours (skewed by the sisu years ) and have won more silverware

I'd say we are a bigger club potential wise , far bigger but they've already bagged the accolades

Brighton Sky Blue

Also got doubled by Forest Green in their first season as a league club. People have said we needed to go to Div 4 to rebuild properly-I disagree. Had MR somehow saved the 16/17 season it would have taken one less season to do the same job in all probability.

alexccfc99

Yeah, if we’d have got him in say 6 games earlier I’m sure we’d have stayed up or if he joined when slade did we most definitely would have. Slade saddled us with some of the worst loan players and signings that I can remember
Not to mention he swapped Sordell, our top scorer and one of the only players in that side that actually had anything about him for Stuart Beavon

Brighton Sky Blue

Sorrel was our only hope that season. The only player who showed he had something about him. Do you remember rawson and vernam (shudder)
I remember Nathan Clarke in that defence who then ended up nearly going down with Grimsby in L2 the following season.

alexccfc99

Sorrel was our only hope that season. The only player who showed he had something about him. Do you remember rawson and vernam (shudder)
I could not stand that team, with a couple of exceptions (The academy lads, Chris Stokes and Jodi Jones) I thought they were the most dislikable squad of footballers I have ever watched to the point it actually fucks me off in our history books they got us to Wembley and won us a trophy

alexccfc99

Forgot about stokes (good call). Jones was still finding his feet that season. Honourable mention to Jordan Willis as well. Crikey, the memories are flooding back and they ain’t good😂
Willis filed under academy lads tbf

Jordan Turnbull probably my most disliked City player of all time

Cocky fucker who did not care and got his family to slag off City fans on Twitter who were rightly concerned with the sides performances

Users who are viewing this thread