Big sky blue news tomorrow (2 Viewers)

skyblueinBaku

From Dave Boddy, we're building a new shop in the south-east corner of the stadium and extending the deal with Hummel.
Is that the station end/side of the ground?
Yes it is, Robbie.

chiefdave

Those two have been directly involved.
Did make me laugh that Street is sending out Facebook posts making out he pretty much single handedly sorted out the return while Boddy and Vaughn are both saying he set up an initial meeting a year ago and that's it.

junglej13

From Dave Boddy, we're building a new shop in the south-east corner of the stadium and extending the deal with Hummel.
Is that the station end/side of the ground?
Had to refresh my mind on this also. Certainly seems to be that corner. Makes a large amount of sense as well considering most supporters sit here and approach the ground this way.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It looks to me if Wasps have been on the back foot a bit with these negotiations they appear to have given ground on a few issues just wondering if the possible naming rites and the few million that will bring in has influenced things.

With the exception of parking the nonsense on both sides over the EU have they?

They are giving on income they don't presently have but I suspect they will still earn some profit on all those sources as they relate to ccfc. Haven't seen anything to say they are giving up any income they already have.

Ccfc are not going to be paying a discounted rent and for 10 years that's an improvement for wasps.

Pitch maintenance and replacement is to be shared it hasn't been for two seasons.

I suspect that by replacing Compass with Delaware North that gave wasps room to move on margins and offer ccfc a larger share on ccfc match days. It may be possible to give ccfc more but because of the attendance numbers be no worse off compared to previous ccfc tenancies

This is all income they didn't have and didn't look like getting.

As for naming rights then certainly ccfc coming back helps and if wasps got new sponsorship and agreed a share for ccfc because of it then it works for both clubs. But the sponsorship doesn't just relate to sport.

Both sides were sweating equally on getting the deal done in my opinion. Both have compromised with both having expectations of being better off.

Just my opinion

robbiethemole

osb58, what do you think of this?
Ouch.

Nottingham Forest publish operating losses of £32m for 2019/20 taking total losses to £187,000,000 #NFFC https://t.co/wyzhmuCRq5

Forest paid £148 in wages for every £100 of income in 2019/20 https://t.co/Pg3Yrr0Sap

In each of the last 11 years Forest have paid out more in wages than they have generated in revenue, with revenue of £208m and wages of £289m, highlighting the insanity and lack of cost control in the EFL Championship

shepardo01

Rumours of an "electronic giant" company looking to follow Ricoh for the naming rights.

How many of them are there? Euronics, Toshiba, LG etc.
Heard elsewhere Panasonic- not the most reliable of sources.
Where has your info come from.
Vodafone been heavily linked previously.

fernandopartridge

Ouch.

Nottingham Forest publish operating losses of £32m for 2019/20 taking total losses to £187,000,000 #NFFC https://t.co/wyzhmuCRq5

Forest paid £148 in wages for every £100 of income in 2019/20 https://t.co/Pg3Yrr0Sap

In each of the last 11 years Forest have paid out more in wages than they have generated in revenue, with revenue of £208m and wages of £289m, highlighting the insanity and lack of cost control in the EFL Championship

It makes a mockery of FFP, but, i doubt they are the only ones. I'd be surprised if many clubs at this level are not >90% wages to turnover at the moment

Frostie

So salty of Boddy to thank "Andy Street, the West Midlands Mayor, and Allan Andrews from the West Midlands Combined Authority" and not mention CCC. It's like the Queen stating that "recollections may vary" in response to The People's Princess Meghan.

Why is that salty?

Street & Andrews both played an active part, (whatever the extent) whilst CCC effectively went "Not our problem"

Liquid Gold

Thats a good spot for the shop, it's where the majority of fans actually come towards the stadium from. I wonder if it's at the top or bottom of the steps though.

We're obviously getting Hummel to pay for it too with the contract extension. I'll take that if it means we get their kits for as long as we can.

robbiethemole

Makes us look like paragons of virtue doesn't it? Mind you we're feckin skint so can't spend this sort of money, but just shows what a few years of Champ money could do for us.

robbiethemole

Thats a good spot for the shop, it's where the majority of fans actually come towards the stadium from. I wonder if it's at the top or bottom of the steps though.

We're obviously getting Hummel to pay for it too with the contract extension. I'll take that if it means we get their kits for as long as we can.
It will be inside LG built into the concourse where the free space is, didn't we have a live band here one game many years ago?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Ouch.

It is exactly what is wrong with football finance especially in the Championship. It is unsustainable unless owners actually write off those huge amounts annually, essentially gifting the money to the club rather than calling it loans. It is insane and in any other industry the company would be bust. No club should spend more than their turnover(including net player transfers) on wages

Alkhen

Panasonic were linked previously but there's talk of them going through an acquisition currently so 🤷🏼‍♂️
1615484693108.png

Heard it here first

giphy.gif

AOM

Did make me laugh that Street is sending out Facebook posts making out he pretty much single handedly sorted out the return while Boddy and Vaughn are both saying he set up an initial meeting a year ago and that's it.

Haha I noticed that.
Soon we'll see him driving the team bus first game next season to ensure his mission is complete

Disgruntled Sky Blue

Personally I wish it had never been submitted, it has set us back two years for what it sounds like will eventually amount to nothing. Anyway at least we are here now!!!

Just a slightly differing perspective on that one. I'm not so sure the deal on the table two years ago is the same deal we now have in place.

No one wanted to wind their necks in at the time so it would have been a very frosty arrangement at best. I believe the unforeseen pandemic, both sides hemorrhaging money, the sky blues success on the field, and seemingly lack of council intrusion in the latest negotiations has focused both sides to start thinking about a profitable partnership where both can thrive.

Some of the sublime football played during the promotion season would never have been replicated on the Ricoh mole hilled tuft of a pitch.

If playing "home" games at StAns for 2 years is the price for at least 10 years of stability and a better working relationship then I'm happy with that.

Grendel

It is exactly what is wrong with football finance especially in the Championship. It is unsustainable unless owners actually write off those huge amounts annually, essentially gifting the money to the club rather than calling it loans. It is insane and in any other industry the company would be bust. No club should spend more than their turnover(including net player transfers) on wages

To be fair in any other industry we’d have been bust years ago as well - as would Wasps

chiefdave

It will be inside LG built into the concourse where the free space is, didn't we have a live band here one game many years ago?
How would you access it on a non match day if its on the concourse? Can't imagine they're going to let people just start wandering around the stadium.

robbiethemole

That also means the club's shop, currently based near the stadium at the Arena Shopping Park, will be moved to the south-east corner of the stadium. It is expected that the shop will be open in time for July ahead of the start of the 2021-22 season the following month.
This will be open on matchdays and non-matchdays for supporters and will be a real presence for us at the stadium again. “The location in the south-east corner will also be more convenient for many fans on matchdays and also on non-matchdays, being a short walk across from the Arena Shopping Park. Sounds like they will put a frontage on it for access from the carpark area.

Nick

Administrator

As did Pete and Mark

Magwitch1

That also means the club's shop, currently based near the stadium at the Arena Shopping Park, will be moved to the south-east corner of the stadium. It is expected that the shop will be open in time for July ahead of the start of the 2021-22 season the following month.
This will be open on matchdays and non-matchdays for supporters and will be a real presence for us at the stadium again. “The location in the south-east corner will also be more convenient for many fans on matchdays and also on non-matchdays, being a short walk across from the Arena Shopping Park. Sounds like they will put a frontage on it for access from the carpark area.
The shop near Tesco always seem busy enough with foot traffic not sure shop at stadium will do as well other than match days

Grendel

As did Pete and Mark

Street to be fair mediated it. He’s also no fan of the council and is making traction on stopping building on green belt land on the outskirts of the City. He’s A bit of an oddball but seems to embrace projects and go with them

Reactions: KAB

Users who are viewing this thread