Big Sunday Predictions (1 Viewer)

I've just perused the League 1 form guide for the past 6 games & home/away form. Using just one of my crystal balls, for Sunday, I predict with no real faith:-
Preston will beat Colchester;
MK Dons will beat Yeovil;
Swindon will beat Leyton Orient;
Gillingham & Notts Co will draw &
Crawley will beat Coventry.
Then the 4 relegated clubs will be in no particular order: Yeovil; Leyton Orient; Colchester & Notts Co!

An escape by the skin of our Sky Blue teeth! Then comes the releasing of ..................

Take a six pack of beer & call me on Monday.

Otis

I've just perused the League 1 form guide for the past 6 games & home/away form. Using just one of my crystal balls, for Sunday, I predict with no real faith:-
Preston will beat Colchester;
MK Dons will beat Yeovil;
Swindon will draw against Leyton Orient;
Gillingham & Notts Co. County will win or draw
Crawley will beat Coventry.
Crewe will lose against Bradford

Then the 4 relegated clubs will be in no particular order: Yeovil; Leyton Orient; Colchester & Crewe/Notts County!

An escape by the skin of our Sky Blue teeth! Then comes the releasing of ..................

Take a six pack of beer & call me on Monday.

I was too excited about staying up, I forgot the Crewe game! Make that one an away win for the Bantams.

Still "An escape by the skin of our Sky Blue teeth!"

jackdg

I've an idea... How about we have 'traffic trouble', get the kick off delayed by 15 minutes, wait for Notts County to fail to win, play out an event less draw, wait 40 years for the Notts County fans to get over it?

Just a though

D

Deleted member 4439

The only slight issue with this is that it would immortalise Waggot.

cmoncity

All the teams are playing teams with very little to play for apart from Preston. Crewe will beat bradford, Crawley i think will beat us, gillingham notts on paper should be a draw but notts have way more to play for and orient will beat swindon as swindon will rest players im sure. So by reckoning we will be down unless we get a result of some form

bigfatronssba

Crawley to beat us.

Notts County to beat Gillingham.

Bradford to beat Crewe.

We stay up by the skin of our teeth.

Astute

Gillingham have good home form. Don't think they will lose. So that will put us safe. And our away form has been decent. Could be counted as very good recently. So go for a draw. That would also have us safe.

skybluesam66

Crawley/ notts co/ crewe 17.27/1
Crawley / notts co / crewe draw 26.4 /1

so you can get an average of 10/1 on us going down - which is much better than the 7 or 8/1 on offer

Last edited:

steveecov

If results are pear-shaped at half-time, the formation (a joke in itself) will go from 4-4-2 to 1-1-8 immediately.

Even if we survive this time, I feel this is the 999th cut.

Thanks for the memories; I'll still go on about them every time I'm lubricated enough with people who want (or don't want) to listen.

R.I.P Sky Blues.

And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
We just need to pack the defence on Sunday. If Crawley don't score then it's a guaranteed draw at least. Boring, I know, but at least we'll be safe! 8 defenders, 1 midfield and 1 striker! Simple! :claping hands: Gimme the managers job!

Nick

Administrator
We just need to pack the defence on Sunday. If Crawley don't score then it's a guaranteed draw at least. Boring, I know, but at least we'll be safe! 8 defenders, 1 midfield and 1 striker! Simple! :claping hands: Gimme the managers job!

We aren't good enough to invite pressure for 90 minutes.

Astute

All we need to do is play how we have been playing away from home. I hope for another performance like against Bristol.

no_loyalty

Don't worry Cody will save us, he will bag a brace against Notts County

Paxman II

No chance of going down. In fact I don't believe we will get beat. The players are aware we only need a point.

Otis

No chance of going down. In fact I don't believe we will get beat. The players are aware we only need a point.

The players will also be aware that we can lose and still stay up. Crawley have to win.

I think their will, will be much stronger than ours.

Astute

The players will also be aware that we can lose and still stay up. Crawley have to win.

Or they will let the pressure get to them more than we do.

LB87ccfc

They will leave gaps all over the place for us to expose with our electrifying pace on the counter ... Il get my coat.

Gazolba

A lot depends on when the goals are scored. I'm sure all the games will be played at the same time and every team will be immediately notified of the scores in other games. I don't think we can play for a draw unless both Crewe and Notts Co are losing. The scores at half-time will be crucial to deciding the second-half tactics. I'm hoping we are at least a goal up at half-time and neither Crewe or Notts Co are ahead. It should be an exciting and nerve-biting 90 minutes. The worst possible scenatio would be if both Crewe and Notts Co are winning and we are drawing at 85 minutes.

phildownunder

I don`t know what will happen on Sunday any better than anyone else but without suggesting we should just play for a draw from the start, I would happily take us drawing at 85 minutes. By then I would think the pressure on Crawley would be huge, with a bit of desperation thrown in, and a chance for us to maybe even nick a late goal ourselves.

Paxman II

Three teams have to win. We may even stay up with a defeat. Stranger things have happened I know but come on...

Otis

Three teams have to win. We may even stay up with a defeat. Stranger things have happened I know but come on...

3 teams have to win? :thinking about: Who?

We just need a draw to survive. But if we lose, Crewe just need a draw to overtake us. It is only Notts County that have to win.

For Crewe just a draw will do for them if we lose. Crewe draw and Notts County win, we're down if Crawley beat us.

Not sure where you get your 3 from.

bigfatronssba

Is that so unlikely? Three of our relegation rivals winning, it happened as recently as 5 days ago.

skybluelee

Taking emotion out of the situation, here's what the bookies say;

Colchester 1/12
L Orient 1/8
Crawley 8/13
Notts County 4/5
Crewe 8/1
Us 8/1

Like others have said, a lot would have to go wrong for us to go down, and the bookies agree.

Users who are viewing this thread