Biggest games (1 Viewer)

Sunday will be one of the biggest games I have attended. I rank it alongside the following.
West ham (H) league cup semi 1981.
Everton (H) league last game 1985
Luton (H) league last but one game 1985
Leeds FA cup semi 1987
Spurs FA cup final 1987
Reading (A) Simod cup semi final 1988
Forest both legs League cup semi 1990
Spurs (A) league last game 1997?
Sheff utd (A) FA cup Q/F 1998?
Crewe both legs JPT 2013
Charlton (A) last game 200?
United (A) league cup 2008?

Arsenal (A) Both league and FA cup games of recent years
I could not get to the charity shield or last at HR

westofrayne

Sorry mate but the Charlton and this weeks games are nothing compared to the great escapes of 80/90's. Back in the old days the team fought for the points, the players were part of the club and it ment something to them when we survived.

Charlton - team gave up early in game and showed no care for the club

Sunday - simply we shouldn't be in this position and the lack of team spirit and belonging has got us it this position and wont get us out of it on Sunday

Will we go down? - No, but only because others team are more shite than we are.

Until the players and fans start feeling part of the club again there wont be an upturn in league positions.

#PUSB

Covstu

Spurs away was the one that sticks in my head, game delayed but played really well. Results going our way until spurs woke up in the seond half, that was the longest last 15 mins of my life!

skybluelee

United (A) league cup 2008?

Give me strength. All that game showed was how far we had fallen when people started wanking themselves silly because we had a league cup game at Old Trafford. We used to play there every year when we had a team of substance.

skybluelee

I would nominate off the top of my head (since 83/84);

Everton (h) 84/85
QPR (h) 85/86
QF, SF, Final 86/87
LC Semis 89/90
Leeds (h) 95/96
WHL 96/97
Villa Park 00/01
Derby (h) 04/05

Astute

Spurs away was the one that sticks in my head, game delayed but played really well. Results going our way until spurs woke up in the seond half, that was the longest last 15 mins of my life!

It was worse for me. Couldn't get out of going to work. Was limited on the web them days. Knew that we had the extra 15 mins to play. But nothing would refresh. Had to wait until I managed to get hold of the wife so she could get the result for me. I didn't know for about an hour after the game finished. Couldn't work before I got the result and didn't work when I found out the result :D

westofrayne

I would nominate off the top of my head (since 83/84);

Everton (h) 84/85
QPR (h) 85/86
QF, SF, Final 86/87
LC Semis 89/90
Leeds (h) 95/96
WHL 96/97
Villa Park 00/01
Derby (h) 04/05

Can't argue with that, would put FA Cup QF near the top - What a day

aloisiwouldhavescored

Yes, we were there too and talk about nail-biting! Other City supporters had taken radios along to listen to the other scores and all sorts of rumours were circulating whilst the match was on, people jumping up and down because they had heard another team was losing or had a penalty awarded against them and then we all started jumping up and down as well even though we didn't really know why! The relief when that final whistle went and Spurs played The Big Escape and walking back to the car Spurs supporters were congratulating us and patting us on the backs.
City played out of their skins that day, especially Oggy in goal. Let's hope some of the present team show that sort of passion and commitment this Sunday.

pusbccfc

In terms of the outcome, Sunday is one of the biggest. Relegation would be the start of the end.

Incredible that in the same season we had that wonderful night when we returned home.

Users who are viewing this thread