Billericay Town to sign Jermaine Pennant (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
They play at the same level as Bedworth United, he has turned down SPL to go to them.

They will apparently pay him £3k a week which is double the League 1 average wage.

Madness.

Grendel

They've signed loads of new players on big wages. They are owned by some bloke whose like a wannabe Mike Ashley.

Nick

Administrator
Just been reading about it, he's the manager as well.

Signed Paul Konchesky and O'Hara and a few highly rated Non League players.

Captain Dart

Nouveau rich splashing the cash. Its footie or the racehorses innit! at least it isn't rugby.

Grendel

Paul Konshesky and Jamie o hara as well. Blokes Twitter comments are hilarious.

Captain Dart

Surely this man is the embodiment of Billericay Dickie!

The Reverend Skyblue

There is a video of their pre-match talks where they all hold hands and listen to R Kelly.They do this every match, Bloody strange if you ask me, why not the Red Hot Chilli Peppers
As the owner is manager and coach etc, this has all the hallmarks of going tits up sometime in the near future. What I don't get is why rich blokes buy clubs with very very small fanbases, surely spend a bit more and at least you have an asset.
If I were rich I wouldn't buy a club that has a fanbase of 1500 max.
Its a famous old non league club so I hope he doesn't mess it up for the future, but he thinks they are the next Fleetwood/Burton.
Mad as a box of spanners

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Nick

Administrator
A team made up with Koncheskey, Foley, Pennant etc managed to lose to Kingstonian.

With the money he is ploughing in at that level you would expect at least 5 goals per game.

Terry Gibson's perm

A team made up with Koncheskey, Foley, Pennant etc managed to lose to Kingstonian.

With the money he is ploughing in at that level you would expect at least 5 goals per game.

Not with Foley in it I would expect them to lose a lot

Users who are viewing this thread