Birmingham attendance (1 Viewer)

Calista

The most likely explanation i can think of for not selling 13 was mentioned earlier in the thread. The kind of people buying tickets this late will be occasional visitors, perhaps bringing kids, and the club might not want them to have a bad experience caught in the crossfire of 'amusing banter' between the corner and the away fans. But it's difficult to come out and say that, because it would be acknowledging the very thing they don't want to draw attention to?

shmmeee

The most likely explanation i can think of for not selling 13 was mentioned earlier in the thread. The kind of people buying tickets this late will be occasional visitors, perhaps bringing kids, and the club might not want them to have a bad experience caught in the crossfire of 'amusing banter' between the corner and the away fans. But it's difficult to come out and say that, because it would be acknowledging the very thing they don't want to draw attention to?

The solution there is to allow people who have bought to swap into there and release their tickets for general sales

pusbccfc

(And it all stems from the ridiculous stadium arrangement that sees noisy home fans given a corner of the ground whilst the away lot get to be behind the goal)

Same at many grounds these days.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Tbh I hope you’re right. It wouldn’t be a good experience for any families that naively ended up buying tickets in there, there’s been things thrown across the divide all season and it’s not fair on them getting caught in the cross fire. It’s only 500 odd tickets so doesn’t make or break the situation of thousands of empty seats due to a piss poor stadium configuration.

HerneBayGaz

When I first started going to HR in I think 1975 away fans were housed in the left hand side (as you looked at it) of the west end, seemed to be trouble at the same flashpoints every week.
Few years later away supporters were moved to the opposite end of the ground onto the small side of the Kop, this did seem to quell a lot of match day trouble “at least inside the ground anyway”
From there they were moved on to the Sky Blue Stand firstly at the Kop end and then later shifted to the other side of the SBS next to the west stand.

Yes, your right, but my point is there wa
When I first started going to HR in I think 1975 away fans were housed in the left hand side (as you looked at it) of the west end, seemed to be trouble at the same flashpoints every week.
Few years later away supporters were moved to the opposite end of the ground onto the small side of the Kop, this did seem to quell a lot of match day trouble “at least inside the ground anyway”
From there they were moved on to the Sky Blue Stand firstly at the Kop end and then later shifted to the other side of the SBS next to the west stand.
They called that enclosure the 'cage' they were still behind the the goal. And gave the opposition an advantage to attack into their own fans in the second half if they won the toss. And it didn't quell the fans as you suggested it made it worse. As coins and missiles were thrown backwards and forwards. When they moved the away fans into the Sky Blues stand the problems became a little better.

bigfatronssba

That does make sense.

The solution though would’ve been to open it from the start so that the rowdy element of our support would’ve bought tickets there, with families then having space available around the rest of the ground.

Gint11

Out of curiosity if the stadium was bigger is there an indication of how many we would have sold?

Gint11

When we sold tickets for the first wembley trip, was the demand around 60K?
I’m sure I read that somewhere

bigfatronssba

I remember when we played Sheffield Utd in the FA Cup Quarters in 1998, the club reckoned they could’ve sold out Highfield Road three times over

Senior Vick from Alicante

Yes, your right, but my point is there wa

They called that enclosure the 'cage' they were still behind the the goal. And gave the opposition an advantage to attack into their own fans in the second half if they won the toss. And it didn't quell the fans as you suggested it made it worse. As coins and missiles were thrown backwards and forwards. When they moved the away fans into the Sky Blues stand the problems became a little better.

The issue you have with modern stadia is that Police like a specific defined area for away fans. When they leave the ground where they are situated they can be quite easily held or segregated outside the ground. At the CBS the plod wouldnt want you to move the away support say to the corner of the North stand as you could get trouble outside the main entrance post game and its the same as moving them into singers corner to open more blocks in the South stand. The police control box is also in the corner above the away support. Poor design of the arena means that away fans are always going to be in the position they are now. Much preferred when the away support was at the side in the Thackall Street stand at Highfield road.

CovInEssex

Put a big screen at Ryton and stream the game.

Charge £20 and have a pop up bar and a few burger vans, a stall selling Cov stuff….

Might make a few quid.

Illegal as the match isn't to be shown anywhere in the UK. But Cov RFC are away this weekend and they have all the necessities (just thinking in case for a potential future scenario....)

The Philosopher

Illegal as the match isn't to be shown anywhere in the UK. But Cov RFC are away this weekend and they have all the necessities (just thinking in case for a potential future scenario....)
Good point about the Butts - play off final? Semi Final Middlesbrough? (If CBS can’t be used)

Edit: no idea why I’ve put Semi Final Middlesbrough. Got it in my head we are playing Boro in the Semis and Luton in the final. Totally ahead of myself. Mad.

CovInEssex

Good point about the Butts - play off final? Semi Final Middlesbrough? (If CBS can’t be used)

Definitely something the club should look at in our post-Wasps City.

Well even Cov RFC could put something on off their own backs, they wouldn't need permission. Providing they have a Sky Sports commercial contract.

AndreasB

No. You need to book 4 places to get that. The best value was the seats at the front of blocks B and E covered previously by the Boyle Sports banner. These are in the Club Coventry area but went for normal pricing yesterday. Not sure how they are going to segregate this area off and stop people getting into the Lounge though if they sit here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread