Birmingham v Coventry (FA Cup #4th round) (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Birmingham v Coventry
Venue : St Andrews

head to head

Saturday's FA Cup Fourth Round tie at St Andrews will be the 52nd time that Birmingham City and Coventry City have met in league and cup matches.

The Sky Blues have won on 16 occasions with 14 draws and have scored 58 goals compared to Birmingham's 77
City's last visit to St Andrews brought a 1-0 win for City on November 3rd 2008.

The last FA Cup tie between the two sides saw a 3-2 win for Coventry at Highfield Road in January 1981. City's last visit to St Andrews for an FA Cup tie was on January 12th 1935 and saw Coventry beaten 5-1.

Current form:

Birmingham
Home Form: WWDDLD
Form Table: 16th (last 6 matches)
Posistion: 17th (Barclays Premier League)

Coventry
Away Form: LWdLLL
Form Table: 24th (last 6 games)
Posistion: 14th (Npower Championship)

My Predictions

Formation

Westwood
Keogh, Cranie, R.Wood,O'halloran
Baker Clingan, Gunnarson, McSheffrey
Eastwood, King

Score: 3-1 (King, Clingan, Eastwood)

Attendance: 20,210 (6000 Sky Blue Army)

Any match day predictions/banter please post here.

Pigeon

Im thinking a 1-1 draw (King) and then a 3-1 win to us at the Ricoh and break attendance records (Sheff and Baker).

SkyBlueMania

everyone feeling as confident after Birmingham's performance last night? West ham fans were fairly quiet i thought, think we will have more influence on Saturday!

Gallagher

The fact that Brum have played 120 minutes this week before the game with us, fills me with confidence. They'll be on a high but could potentially have a cup 'hangover' and be looking past us. There still in a relegation battle and with a Wembley date already confirmed they may be looking past this game. We'll be well up for it and if it's Westwood's last game he could pull off a blinder.
My prediction is we'll either sneak a 1-0 or a draw and beat them back at the Ricoh.

Jimthor

Definitely got a lot of optimism. If we do win i expect it to be a sneaky 1 goal victory. Could see 1-0 or a draw. Dead excited!

Gallagher

Just read on Sky Sports that Brum are likely to make a lot of changes, with Gardner, Johnson and Jerome all doubts, and with Dann also out; we should feel confident.

Jay88

everyone feeling as confident after Birmingham's performance last night? West ham fans were fairly quiet i thought, think we will have more influence on Saturday!

you're right they were quiet for a big game. I thought defensively brum wernt that great... west ham missed some good chances.

Gotta be 2-1 .... King and Macca!! Come on City!

Disorganised1

Ah well ~ back top earth

InterSkyBlues

Can someone start a thread to discuss the match please? I couldn't go but would love to know what SBT members thought of our performance. Interested to know how Connor did in the middle.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think it was Thomas' fault but he was well out of his depth. He seemed a bit like the person at school nobody had confidence in so they didn't pass to them. It isn't his fault but a bit of a big game to throw him in.

Users who are viewing this thread