Bit early but where in the world are we holidaying this year (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Got a 2 day break in Marlow with the wife in May, week in Spain in August and a weekend to Manchester planned

CCFCKirky

Probably a 2 day break in October with the other half then down to Southampton on Christmas week to spend it with the in laws and hopefully catch a Saints game

chiefdave

Having a few days in London in March for a music festival. That'll probably be it for me this year, finances are tight with getting divorced.

Unless there's a weekend in the Wembley area in the spring.

Liquid Gold

I'm busy this year, just got back from Budapest. Looking at going to Prague, Vienna and Bratislava over a week, spend a week in France for the euros, a week in the med somewhere and then various places around England such as the lakes, Cornwall and the new forest

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm thinking of going to Florida this year. Just need to think of another nice place so the missus can go on a holiday as well.... :whistle:

Houchens Head

It depends when you're coming. They vary pretty much day to day. It's an Island hate thing at the moment! I've been charged anything from £35 to £85 just for a day return back to the island, and that's with a residents discount!
You can either use Wightlink or Red Funnel. Links are below. (You can just do a 'ghost booking' to see how much it will cost.)
http://www.wightlink.co.uk/iow/
or
http://www.redfunnel.co.uk/?gclid=CN7VjYDOocoCFQMcGwodY-oAeA

Houchens Head

I've just done a provisional booking with both ferry companies, giving a date of 11th June for one week (just a random summer date). With Red Funnel it will cost £96 and with Wightlink it will cost £125. This is for a standard size car with 4 people. When you think that the crossing is just 4 miles and takes just half an hour (with Wightlink), it's a bleedin' rip-off!

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Just done another provisional booking with Wightlink for the random date of Sat 16th July for a week. Same details, but now they are charging £187.50! No wonder the island is dying on its feet! No fucker wants to come here because of the high ferry charges!

Gaz71

It depends when you're coming. They vary pretty much day to day. It's an Island hate thing at the moment! I've been charged anything from £35 to £85 just for a day return back to the island, and that's with a residents discount!
You can either use Wightlink or Red Funnel. Links are below. (You can just do a 'ghost booking' to see how much it will cost.)
http://www.wightlink.co.uk/iow/
or
http://www.redfunnel.co.uk/?gclid=CN7VjYDOocoCFQMcGwodY-oAeA

Many thanks for the info, the kids will love the ferry experience! I agree it's expensive but ok as its a one off for us.

Houchens Head

Many thanks for the info, the kids will love the ferry experience! I agree it's expensive but ok as its a one off for us.

I prefer Red Funnel. They're cheaper but a slightly longer journey. You get to see a lot of big ships in Southampton Docks as you're leaving as well. Queen Elizabeth, Oriana etc. Depends what's in at the time. Plus loads of huge container ships. It's a great experience. They go to Cowes.
Wightlink go from Lymington to Yarmouth and also Portsmouth to Fishbourne.
Seriously, if you're coming over, pm me and I can give you loads of details about the island.

chiefdave

I've just done a provisional booking with both ferry companies, giving a date of 11th June for one week (just a random summer date). With Red Funnel it will cost £96 and with Wightlink it will cost £125. This is for a standard size car with 4 people. When you think that the crossing is just 4 miles and takes just half an hour (with Wightlink), it's a bleedin' rip-off!

Since I've lived in Southsea I've never once been to the IoW. Even as a foot passenger taking the hover its £19 return. And that would be of no use if you wanted to go for a night out as the last one back is before 9.

covmark

Since I've lived in Southsea I've never once been to the IoW. Even as a foot passenger taking the hover its £19 return. And that would be of no use if you wanted to go for a night out as the last one back is before 9.
A night out? On the isle of Wight? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

A night out? On the isle of Wight? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Beat me to it Covmark! :claping hands:

Si80

California road trip at the end of Sept for 2 weeks. Starting in San Francisco and finishing in LA. Just toying with booking a weekend in Brugge around the wifes birthday in December.

Covstu

Off to Mallorca in July with kids and missus (and Bike), going to hit some of those nice climbs in the morning then the beach and bars in the afternoon!! September is then golfing in Portugal!

SBAndy

I'm off to Dublin in 3 weeks, got a stag in Magaluf in May (which I've just realised is playoff weekend, so I don't know what to do), France for the Euros for a few days in June and Ibiza for a few days in July.

dancers lance

Probably do Spain early as we have family there, hoping to go Tornado chasing in America End of May and my daughter is going out to Australia in July to visit Family so I'm toying with that.........if I'm still alive.

RedSalmon

Well folks, as I type this I am sitting in a beer garden in Melbourne Australia, blowing the froth a few cold ones.

Apart from Highfield Road on winters night for a mid week game I cannot in all honesty think of anywhere else I would prefer to be.

skybluetony176

California road trip at the end of Sept for 2 weeks. Starting in San Francisco and finishing in LA. Just toying with booking a weekend in Brugge around the wifes birthday in December.

Brugge is lovely. Make sure you have some chips. Skip the Mayo, Vincent is 100% correct. They drown them in that shit.

LastGarrison

Well folks, as I type this I am sitting in a beer garden in Melbourne Australia, blowing the froth a few cold ones.

Apart from Highfield Road on winters night for a mid week game I cannot in all honesty think of anywhere else I would prefer to be.

Absolutely LOVE Melbourne. Probably my favourite city in the world.........although London and New York are definitely up there!!

I'm sure (cough) we had this thread a couple of weeks ago but...........

Was in Benidorm a couple of weeks back, off to Vegas in a couple of weeks, Saudi Arabia for work in April and then think me and the missus are just going to do a couple of weekends away rather than a holiday and the suggestions so far are Belgium in July for a music festival and Utrecht with a day in the Dam later in the year. Really want to get out to Poland at some point as well and visit Auschwitz, although I am under no illusions on how horrific it will be.

Users who are viewing this thread