Bit of advice please lads (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Had a bit of work done on the house last week
The lads did a great job and would recommend them to anyone
However my neighbours has their drive resealed and the lads working on our house used their drive to walk and bring a wheelbarrow through and has basically left a dried up mess of sand and tracks of dirt on the drive
My neighbours had a bit of a moan about it
Which to be honest I completely sympathise with and understand where he's coming from
We get on really well with them and they are lovely people
I was going to jet wash the drive for them as I felt it's the decent and neighbourly thing to do
But my wife thinks I shouldn't as if I damaged the drive or chipped some of the paint it's my responsibility to pay for a new one
So my wife suggested that if their is a further issue to pass the number of the lad who did our work to the neighbour and let them sort it out, as in all honesty it wasn't our fault
What would you do ?

mrtrench

What kind of drive is it Daz? If you did damage it, how easy would it be to repair?

chiefdave

What makes you think jet washing it will damage it? You could pay a pro to jet wash it, if they damage it they'll be insured.

Sky_Blue_Daz

What kind of drive is it Daz? If you did damage it, how easy would it be to repair?
I think it's a cobblestone one
I reckon the landscaper would be insured so I just might let them argue the toss if it comes to it

vow

I think your wifes suggestion is best or just give your nieghbour his number now, so less hassle in the future?

Covstu

Yep keep well away albeit it might not be fair for your neighbour to do battle with your tradesman so you might want to do all that for them

ajsccfc

I don't think you should just give your neighbour the details of the guy and leave him to sort it out, they were working for you at the time so it'd be unfair to expect your neighbour to chase it up. Offer the jet wash, they'll probably turn it down anyway.

eastwoodsdustman

Tell them that they should have had a decent job done in the first place and it wouldn't have knackered up!
I'd ring your people and get them to call your neighbour. If they're pro-active then it'll look better on them and the neighbour will probably be happier.

smouch1975

First world problem......

Offer to do your neighbors wife in the blutter.
See how that goes for you?

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Daz

I spoke to the neighbour this morning for a good ten minutes and he never mentioned it so hopefully he calmed down about it

Users who are viewing this thread