Black (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

No from me. Nostalgia doesn't win football matches. He was here a decade ago. Let's move on.

Ashdown1

If the shortlist is down to him, Megson, Phil Brown and Pemberton then its a big YES but who knows what the Waggot has in mind this time. If it comes to going down memory lane and club affiliation I'd rather have a man who is currently doing a good job on a low budget...........Morrell !!

Danceswithhorses

Yes...but only because the other candidates look so unappealing, and not some nostalgic nonsense.
He's got alot of coaching experience in much higher leagues than we have the right to expect from our managerial candidates.

Nick

Administrator
Remember when everybody wanted Thorn because "nobody else would come to us" and "there we no other options".

There were other options and look what happened!

Yes he did well when he was here, but you need to remember that was 10 years ago. Football is a differant game. I dont think he will be able to do as well this time. Differant players, differant style, differant board, cant see it working

rupert_bear

Yes i could but not alone, i have an incling for a Black/Steve Keene partnership don't care who is manager or assistant, just think a dreamteam partnership is a way forward to get this club right from top to bottom and i also think they would be loyal too

Yes i could but not alone, i have an incling for a Black/Steve Keene partnership don't care who is manager or assistant, just think a dreamteam partnership is a way forward to get this club right from top to bottom and i also think they would be loyal too

Steve Kean? The man who ruined Blackburn Rovers? Sorry, would rather have Graham Westley

chiefdave

depends who else has applied. the one thing it would do is stop people asking for him every time we need a new manager!

The Reverend Skyblue

Looking at the list available, its a big yes from me.
There is nothing wrong about going back 10 years, if he had failed badly 10 years ago then a big No, but he was a success in the short time he was with us.
He plays football on the ground and attacking football at that, why would'nt we give him to him.I can not see a reson why he should'nt get it

Paxman II

Looking at the list available, its a big yes from me.
There is nothing wrong about going back 10 years, if he had failed badly 10 years ago then a big No, but he was a success in the short time he was with us.
He plays football on the ground and attacking football at that, why would'nt we give him to him.I can not see a reson why he should'nt get it

Never managed accept in short term caretaker capacity. prefered being a number 2. Now in the cold as for once even Bruce did not take him this time. That could mean something too. Not dissing the guy, very likeable as I recall but we don't want someone who has to cut his teeth at being number 1. We need experienced managers and fast.

Mucca Mad Boys

If he was appointed, I'd be inspired, I admit, but, I do think there is a level of risk here, might have done a Thorn if he stayed on, oh well, if he's applied and the board decide he isn't up to it, I'll appreciate that decision.

Paxman II

But who paxman?

I wanted Grayson the minute he left. We were way too late to react. It's not rocket science when there are obviously decent candidates around. Now the list is somewhat more shallow of a choice and Adkins and the like really can't be seen as realistic can they?

I'm not too objectionable to Curle but believe there are some better options. I know Brown is weighted with the clown image but the tanned one actually has a good track record and would be a figurehead. Not keen myself but not dismissive either. Dyche looks a good one and then there are such guys as Wise, DiCanio etc which seems as much a gamble as Brown. Barmby has been mentioned and he did rather well too but I want someone a bit longer in the tooth tbh.

Otis

Yes,

Just to finally put the myth to bed.

Would also put a couple or so thousand extra on the gate, for a few weeks at least anyway.

Would certainly prefer Black to Brown or Megson etc.

As someone else said, it's all dependent on the choices before us. Depends who is on the list and the quality of candidates. If it's a lift of the usual suspects then I would take Black.

Otis

I wanted Grayson the minute he left. We were way too late to react. It's not rocket science when there are obviously decent candidates around. Now the list is somewhat more shallow of a choice and Adkins and the like really can't be seen as realistic can they?

I'm not too objectionable to Curle but believe there are some better options. I know Brown is weighted with the clown image but the tanned one actually has a good track record and would be a figurehead. Not keen myself but not dismissive either. Dyche looks a good one and then there are such guys as Wise, DiCanio etc which seems as much a gamble as Brown. Barmby has been mentioned and he did rather well too but I want someone a bit longer in the tooth tbh.

Where is Brown's good track record?

One bit of success and then failure. Hardly a good track record.

Manager

Team Nat From To Record G W D L Win %

Bolton Wanderers (caretaker) 22 Sept1999 19 Oct 1999 5 2 2 1 40.00%

Derby County 24 June 2005 30 January 2006 33 5 14 14 15.15%

Hull City 4 December 2006 15 March 2010 157 52 40 65 33.12%

Preston North End 6 January 2011 14 December 2011 51 15 15 21 29.41%

Total 246 74 71 101 30.08%

A win ratio of less than a third.

Good record at Bolton but he was only there 5 games.

cyril

Ok paxman. So put down your choices 1,2 and 3. They must be realistic so no Adkins or Dyche. I respect your opinion

cyril

Agreed Otis. That's a horrible record. Yes he has experience but he's failed
At least with Black he had us playing the way we enjoyed with a pisspoor squad and zero finances

Users who are viewing this thread