Blackpool match thread (1 Viewer)

phildownunder

I thought it was reasonable to go from a loss to an eleventy billion win.

Okay, if it's Murphy v old man I will go for a 1-0 in the 94th minute off the ref's butt cheeks.

That better?

Will do for me ! (BTW the "old man" played in the 0-0 at the Ricoh)

Lanno

1-1 for me. City to take the lead and concede an equaliser in last 10 minutes. Hope I'm wrong!!

Incidentally I've stuck a cheeky bet on the following League 1 fixtures:

Barnsley v Southend (home)
Bradford v Donny (home)
Burton v Fleetwood (home)
Chesterfield v Walsall (draw)
Colchester v Wigan (away)
Gills v Crewe (home)
Swindon v Millwall (draw)

Odds: 212/1

Sky_Blue_Daz

Not bothered about performance l, formation or tactics as long as we get 3 points I don't care

Farmerron

I thought it was reasonable to go from a loss to an eleventy billion win.

Okay, if it's Murphy v old man I will go for a 1-0 in the 94th minute off the ref's butt cheeks.

That better?
We will not keep a clean sheet, but will score more than Blackpool.

Otis

Looking like we may well need 3 points today and 3 points next week to have any chance of getting straight back into the top 6, so a big ask.

You would expect Bradford and Barnsley to win today and Barnsley have Fleetwood next week.

Luckily, Football's a funny game, so hopefully Doncaster can do the improbable and beat Bradford and we can hope that Southend can get something at Barnsley.

Bradford are away at Wigan next week so might slip up. Barnsley are at Fleetwood.

Bottom line is though we have to win today. We could possibly be 6 points outside the top 6 come 5 pm.

Be interesting as to how today pans out, but a draw probably won't do us much good at all.

Last edited:

johnwillomagic

I think we'll win this one for some reason Cov to win 2-0. I now do not have a clue what team TM will pick
not sure he does now tbh but sure he will stick to bloody 4-2-3-1 formation! :facepalm:

Otis

I think we'll win this one for some reason Cov to win 2-0. I now do not have a clue what team TM will pick
not sure he does now tbh but sure he will stick to bloody 4-2-3-1 formation! :facepalm:
He has already hinted at Armstrong playing just a little deeper, so I would say behind either Henderson, Tudgay or Fortune.

steve82

Teams will most likely be:
----------------------RCC------------------
Ricketts---Martin----Stephens ---Stokes
----------vincelot -----Fleck------------
Murphy --------------------------Cole
-----------------Armstrong------------------
--------------------MAF---------------------

Tho I'd prefer this team if he sticks 4231
Lorenztson---Martin----Stephens ---Stokes
------------vincelot -------Rose-------------
Murphy -----------------------------Cole
---------------MAF/Henderson---------------

matesx

Teams will most likely be:
Ricketts---Martin----Stephens ---Stokes
----------vincelot -----Fleck------------
Murphy --------------------------Cole
--------------------MAF---------------------

Tho I'd prefer this team if he sticks 4231
Lorenztson---Martin----Stephens ---Stokes
------------vincelot -------Rose-------------
Murphy -----------------------------Cole
---------------MAF/Henderson---------------

Either of those line ups should win this match.

steve82

Unless Ricketts gets injured, I'm afraid he's in!

Your right, don't no what TM sees in his recent performances to say he's a starter. Very poor.
Lorenztson gives us better options going forward and defensively too
Horses for courses today with a poor pitch, so leave the donkey Ricketts on the beach

AFCCOVENTRY

Looking like we may well need 3 points today and 3 points next week to have any chance of getting straight back into the top 6, so a big ask.

You would expect Bradford and Barnsley to win today and Barnsley have Fleetwood next week.

Luckily, Football's a funny game, so hopefully Doncaster can do the improbable and beat Bradford and we can hope that Southend can get something at Barnsley.

Bradford are away at Wigan next week so might slip up. Barnsley are at Fleetwood.

Bottom line is though we have to win today. We could possibly be 6 points outside the top 6 come 5 pm.

Be interesting as to how today pans out, but a draw probably won't do us much good at all.

Football in general is shit to us as cov fans! We don't do getting luck!

AFCCOVENTRY

I can't see us getting anything from today's game.

Pitch is crap and that means we can't play a passing game. It's a lump it up front day and that means we should start with Henderson and MAF with Arms sitting behind them to run onto flicks.

I would be tempted to push Lorentzon as a winger for a laugh and put Rose in with Vinnh for some energy.

I would leave Maddison and Murphy at the Travelodge so they can be brothers and eat plenty of Colemans mustard.

Kingokings204

Win today. I feel it. In shenanigans On the sea front having first beers of the day.

letsallsingtogether

Wasn't going today but ticket burning a hole in my pocket so in pub now happy days

crowsnest

Charles-Cook (GK), Ricketts (C), Stephens, Martin, Stokes, Vincelot, Fleck, Murphy, Maddison, Fortuné, Armstrong

stupot07

Interesting to see how they line up. The prerequisite change in midfield, Ricketts keeps his place despite playing poorly, will Maddison be out of position on the left wing? Or will Armstrong be shunted out wide with Maddison in the hole, or fortune out wide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread