Bogof (1 Viewer)

elephanttears

Morons like you branding people scabs, that's my beef you condescending prick. Don't suppose you'll be man enough to stand outside sixfields and shout down the 'scabs' will you?

i totally respect you calling me a prick, i respect other peoples opinion unlike you. Im a prick your a scab. Simple.

Understand you are upset elephanttears but the name calling and division of Coventry fans has gone on long enough, I don't agree with people going to Sixfields but we all have a choice, your energy would be better spent on suggesting methods of unique protests to keep the pressure on our owners.

elephanttears

If covmark is angry at himself for going to sixfields though he shouldn't be taking it out on me. Im just expressing my opinion and if people call me names im totally fine with it just an opinon.

I have suggested methods of keeping the pressure on the owners, i said we should all go to sixfields and smash it to pieces but everyone said it was a ridiculous idea. I cant win.

If covmark is angry at himself for going to sixfields though he shouldn't be taking it out on me. Im just expressing my opinion and if people call me names im totally fine with it just an opinon.

I have suggested methods of keeping the pressure on the owners, i said we should all go to sixfields and smash it to pieces but everyone said it was a ridiculous idea. I cant win.

Feeling your passion for the cause but Sixfields is just a vehicle Sisu are using to keep us away from our home, think a bit deeper.......

SavageCovCity

Just dont go....save yourself the shit your getting and dont fund SISU..... Simples.

elephanttears

I cant see any other way of getting these people out of the club other than a total boycott and it pains me to say away games too. I think were all hanging on a bit saying we will go away games but were just doing it because deep down we want to go and see us play. We would get the club back one day with this course of action, we might not recognise it when it comes back but what other option is there. They just wont leave.

ecky

I would love to know how CCFC can offer this, this facility does not exist at the cobblers

You eat your 3 course meal on your lap, then the local dog comes along and cleans your plate for you ready for the next person to use!

covmark

I'm not going to sixfields and I won't be attending away games either until Coventry city fc are back in Coventry, but as I've said before I won't criticise and label people who make a different choice to me, as I said you are a complete prick!

luwalla

had to laugh when i just read this.. check out the * t & c clause

Book now for the Bank Holiday Special Offer of just £59 + vat per person* and receive the same hospitality for Colchester absolutely free!

*subject to availability

Haha , dont think availability should be a problem!

James Smith

Could we all stop calling people attending Sixfields the "S" word and try to at least appear civilised with each other.

Having said that it does seem like SISU are desparate not to have low gates and boost the numbers of people visible in the stadium. Obviously just giving the tickets away would never be a great business strategy and BOGOF is only a little better, but then moving 35miles to Northampton wasn't a good strategy to begin with. :facepalm:

Grendel

Could we all stop calling people attending Sixfields the "S" word and try to at least appear civilised with each other.

Having said that it does seem like SISU are desparate not to have low gates and boost the numbers of people visible in the stadium. Obviously just giving the tickets away would never be a great business strategy and BOGOF is only a little better, but then moving 35miles to Northampton wasn't a good strategy to begin with. :facepalm:

Given you are in retail surely even you can see why such a strategy is deployed. It is only aimed a small section and companies do it all the time to attract people with a view to further purchase.

I am not sure if it would be allowed under league rules but I would have looked to make the opening game £1 for all attendees and offer free transport and parking in an attempt to secure repeat business.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Given you are in retail surely even you can see why such a strategy is deployed. It is only aimed a small section and companies do it all the time to attract people with a view to further purchase.

I am not sure if it would be allowed under league rules but I would have looked to make the opening game £1 for all attendees and offer free transport and parking in an attempt to secure repeat business.

What changed your mind?

we must be nice

Morons like you branding people scabs, that's my beef you condescending prick. Don't suppose you'll be man enough to stand outside sixfields and shout down the 'scabs' will you?

lets stop calling these people scabs and think of something else, they may be turncoats , undermining , ratfaced, dickheads. known collectively as TURDS:D

James Smith

Yeah I can see why a strategy like that is deployed but normally it is for purchases made at the same time. You don't go into Tesco and buy one and then a few days later pick up the free one. If it was get a hospitality ticket and you can bring a mate or the other half for free then you're exposing the matchday experience to more people and therefore increasing the potential numbers who might be persuaded to come back on a regular basis. However it would only increase attendance for one game where as this method will generate that for two.

However they're having to do this because as I said in another thread they're no longer stacked on an eye level shelf in a premium location (if we're talking retail) and that will hurt them a lot in terms of sales. Yes some regular purchasers will go and hunt for them on another lower or higher shelf in another aisle but a lot won't and the possibility of an impulse buy is greatly reduced. For this BOGOF to work they're going to need to get repeat purchases i.e. bums on seats. As I've no idea what the margins are like for catering I've no idea what part of the price is the ticket and what's the food, it could very well be a loss leader. However if it is a loss leader they're gambling on generating repeat custom with it and at a guess they'd need another hospitality purchase from that customer to make it break even or turn a profit.

Don't forget though that they're unlikely to be getting 100% of the profit on any restaurant sales as it is likely to have a split with NTFC so they've probably had to agree to underwrite the offer financially. If they get people to come back then that's great they'll break even or make money but if they don't get that repeat custom then (if they've had to underwrite it) they'll be making up any shortfall in revenue.

It's a gamble and who knows it might pay off.

Users who are viewing this thread