Boothroyd Sacked! (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
Sticking to my word unless my dad has anything to do with it!!

CovisGod

From what I can make out the favourites are Dublin and Alladyce.... Both at 6/1 followed by Hughton, Di Matteo, Dennis Wise and the long shots Coleman is 12/1, O'Neil 20/1 and Strachan 20/1

Who would you all like to see ?

skybluemike

In a way Iam sorry this has happened but the results speak for themselves. I don't think Boothroyd had a prayer of a chance to be successful.The big problem for me is that the guy who is in short term control - Steve Harrison - is the guy who has been ever present during the decline over the past few seasons. He is the coach for goodness sake - shouldn't he go too?

Oz Howie

Did you not see it coming ? A board without funds to invest, transfer windows going buy with a rubbish squad further depleted by players leaving and none coming in ? No cash for renewing players contracts ? Oh what can we do.... I know, sack the 'hasn't-got-a-chance-in-hell-of-succeeding-manager' to deflect attention for a bit !!!

Losers in the boardroom, one and all. Prepare for league 1.

Totally agree - when will the board members (except Ranson?) realise they are looking at the problem in their mirrors every morning!

ccfcadz

I think there is more to this, I dont know anyone who wanted him to go and it pretty much came out of the blue.

I dont personally agree BUT I would like to know the reasoning behind it as I assume (correct me if i'm wrong) aren't we still paying off' CC so that's two managers plus the replacement.

I think this could go one of two ways Eitherr were fucked and the club wont be around by the end of the season or these new board members may have shaken things up abit.

It will all come out in the wash I guess... Who are we to complain were just the customers!!

tippex9

As usual no communication to us, like with all the undisclosed fees and explanations to sales and no players in.
•Money has gone, no transfer or loan budget.
•10th manager in 10 years.
•Three of best players walking into the sunset in July.
•Fans who are so down trodden not one song at last home game.
•Gates tumbling

The City job would be career suicide for any manager!!!

Forget your Allardyce, O'Neill, Di Matteo et al they can afford to wait for a more prosperous position. We will shop for our new manager where we'll shop for players..... No other offers.com!!!!!

McSheff player manager!!! Lmao 

(disregard all the above if new investor arrives and I'm off to see if hell needs defrosting)

redsox

Facebook User
I am saddened but not surprised by the news. 10 managers in 10 years is it??? That's quite frankly ridiculuous. At least give a man time to take his coat off.

YES : we've had a string of bad results that aren't good enough
YES : something has to be done about it.

But quite what will be achieved by getting rid if AB, when he's the one ray of hope that we've had in recent time , I just don't know. It seems to me that he's hand his hands tied together and then asked to fight his way out of a corner. I fear the worst for our beloved club and have one request of our board ........when we appoint a new manager , can we at least keep this one for more than a few games,and give him a chance?

Good luck AB, I for one hope you find a club that'll do right by you. :(:(

davebart

I promised myself I would only ever post once on a subject that I was very annoyed about.

However I am very concerned about this.

SISUs only plan appears to be to reduce expenditure as much as possible and sell the club to recoup some of their losses. I predicted this would happen when they first took over - they should never be involved with football at all. They saw the potential for making money out of the stadium and that was it and they didn't realise that the council wasn't just going to hand over 100m of taxpayers assets.

I have been watching goings on with dismay this season. This team has been destined for div 1 and the club will have no bottom level with SISU in charge as they will never invest in the team but continue to shrink expenditure as support inevitably dwindles.

The only hope is that there is a buyer.

Voice_of_Reason

Football is a results business - and Sky Blues record of 1 win in 16 needs no explaination. There is NO excuse for poor motivation and the sad fact is that Aidy failed to motivate his players. Had the team put in anything like an effort against Hull then a win would have been possible. Sorry Aidy, time to go and get a motivator.

Pigeon

This is the completely wrong decision!
I do not see how this will help anything in terms of survival, if anything this could ensure our relegation!
Aidy is a very good manager who has been working on thin air! There is no way that Marlon King will stay with us next season now.
Another wait for any chance of glory while the new manager gets together his own team and drives out the current boys.
When will the board realize we wouldn't have these crap results with the manager had any money to buy decent players!
Still paying for Coleman, now Boothroyd and other new manager!
Good luck Aidy, hope you find somewhere that your appreciated! :(:(:(

duffer

Appreciate I'm in the minority, but I'm glad he's gone in truth.

The team that I saw on Satdi simply didn't look interested.

When I got home I said that I thought AB had lost the ability to motivate the players, and I think that's why they've swung the axe.

The timing is horrible, but I suppose the theory is that we need to turn it around now, before we hit the bottom three...

I understand that other opinions differ!

OyJimmy

I really can't be bothered with CCFC anymore. 10 years of misery, what's the point anymore? Funny thing is I thought I'd get a season ticket for next year, but now none of my mates want to go either so I'm not sure I will bother. Very sad, really racked off with the whole thing. I hate SISU and just think enough's enough.

Rocks

It's ironic that almost ten years after relagation we're having one of our worst points ever. A team barely able to cope in the division, numbers spiralling and now no manager. I dont blame AB for any of this, he's been strangled by the board, no loan players?!? wtf? With Gunnarson, westy and King all off in the summer next season is relagation for sure at this rate.

I pray there's something big around the corner, major investment or a big name appointment but as with all praying it's probably pointless.

I do like the idea of getting Dennis Wise in mind you, we could do with a few of those overhead kicks about now!!

ccfc luke

Although it is sad to see AB go i dont think that it is nessesarily a "wrong decision".
It has been clear from the last few games that Aidy had lost the dressing room and the players were completely unmotivated. We need a reasonably big name in with a decent amount of experience to motivate the team and teach us how to attack.

Badgerdan

This really hurts :( I don't blame Aidy either; everytime we've sacked a manager nothing good's happened up until Aidy where we were actually in the play offs at xmas. Since then I believe the board have gone back on their word and told Aidy that there's no money what so ever (think Aidy expected a bit for the transfer window) for the transfer window so to not even bother looking which obviously pissed him off and since then him and the team have just lost all confidence in themselves, the club and the board.

The fans too have been so pissed on that they have been quieter and quieter per game, wondering in these times of hardship ie jobs and money why they spend the money they do on the club. I live in Norway so haven't been to a game in many years (not home much and the games seem to be away when back) but pay so I can listen to each match on the internet and hear from here that the atmosphere is bad there.

I believe SISU had hoped that their small investment would be enough for them to have the money tick over, or at least sit there but now realised that if they want to make it even in football you just have to add more money which they are not willing to do so will just forget about ccfc now until some other sucker buys it or it disappears :'(

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Seems like I'm the only person renewing next year then!

I'm not pleased that we have axed Aidy. He was doing a decent job but injuries to the spine of the team and lack of support from the board by way of January loan signings have meant the side has suffered. Having said that the last game was awful. I could go on but most of you have already pointed out my thoughts.

Interesting that Ranson made a point of Boothroyds style of play on Sky Sports News, does this mean the board are out to pick a successor with an attractive style of play? A lot of players are out of contract, so regardless of any new style of play they have to invest at least small amounts just to put a squad together so maybe abit of a shake up is on the cards. If this is the case then I'd want us to look at Roberto Di Matteo, Sean O'Driscoll from Doncaster or Paul Tisdale from Exeter. These 3 are fairly close to Ranson's usual criteria of being young (OK so O'Driscoll might be abit older!) Experienced and all 3 have previously had some success on a small budget.

Having said that we will most likely end up with someone boring like Brian Laws!

blueflint

well not before time limits in tactics and squad not responding it was coming who next no idea just keep the faith

6 Generations

Steve Harrison will be offered the job if he keeps us up!! If Martin O'Neil comes to Coventry, i will show my arse in Broadgate!!! He left Villa because he learned that all of the proceeds from Milner's £23,000,000 sale were not to be reinvested into the transfer budget. So, at the interview when Ranson explains that our last £1 is for the electric meter, he may not take the job!!!!. Aidy got a raw deal, and i wish him luck!! PUSB:(

Nick

Administrator
Seems like I'm the only person renewing next year then!

I'm not pleased that we have axed Aidy. He was doing a decent job but injuries to the spine of the team and lack of support from the board by way of January loan signings have meant the side has suffered. Having said that the last game was awful. I could go on but most of you have already pointed out my thoughts.

Interesting that Ranson made a point of Boothroyds style of play on Sky Sports News, does this mean the board are out to pick a successor with an attractive style of play? A lot of players are out of contract, so regardless of any new style of play they have to invest at least small amounts just to put a squad together so maybe abit of a shake up is on the cards. If this is the case then I'd want us to look at Roberto Di Matteo, Sean O'Driscoll from Doncaster or Paul Tisdale from Exeter. These 3 are fairly close to Ranson's usual criteria of being young (OK so O'Driscoll might be abit older!) Experienced and all 3 have previously had some success on a small budget.

Having said that we will most likely end up with someone boring like Brian Laws!

The thing is though, they knew all about Boothroyd before they appointed him so they can't use the style of play bullshit. ;)

6 Generations

I think it is poor that Ranson levels one of the reasons for dismissal on Aidy's style of play. The way i saw it, he varied our style based on the opposition of the day, and on the players available on a match to match basis. Ironically, none, absolutely none of our better footballing, non-hoofball days led to wins. With the exception of the home 0-0 with The Blades, i think that we lost the rest. Our better results earlier in the season came from a more direct style, using the attributes of Platt and were achieved from memory, without much inclusion of MK. I honestly think that until we lost some very solid players through long term injury, Aidy did try to adapt our tactics to suit conditions/opposition. Etc. PUSB:( I am sorry that he has been made the latest scapegoat for our clubs failings.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Where have we found this money to compensate 2 members of staff who have only served a short part of their contracts?? OR have we agreed to pay them in installments, like we are doing with Coleman, therefore will we have 2 former managers on our payroll at the same time??

I did ask Mr Brody via Twitter but suprisingly had no reply!! So much for wanting to communicate!!

nicksig

Pleased to see him go. The old Watford style of humping the ball up to a big, slow centre forward will get city nowhere. No one wants to see it, which is one reason why the stands are so empty. It's not just money that makes for a decent team and style of play - look at Blackpool, Wolves and in our league Norwich. It looked like Boothroyd had run out of ideas and couldn't get the best out of the meagre squad he had. I also think bringing in King was a mistake but no doubt noone here will agree

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Pleased to see him go. The old Watford style of humping the ball up to a big, slow centre forward will get city nowhere. No one wants to see it, which is one reason why the stands are so empty. It's not just money that makes for a decent team and style of play - look at Blackpool, Wolves and in our league Norwich. It looked like Boothroyd had run out of ideas and couldn't get the best out of the meagre squad he had. I also think bringing in King was a mistake but no doubt noone here will agree

I completely agree over King! Our downfall started when he signed, even before he played a game!!

CCFC54

I don't see everything as well as the local fans, as I'm in Australia. I was last over there when Ranson bailed us out and virtually saved the club. BUT who the hell keeps appointing these different managers on three year contracts and then has to pay them out? If a decent manager comes in, then he has to be given the resources to do his job. I've supported the City since 1954 and I don't want to see them play in a lower division again. I think it's time for the board to put up or shut up. Go City, show us what you are made of.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
that is so far beyond the truth that i cant even comprehend you as being serious.

therefore. Good joke!

Im afraid Lloyd, I wasnt joking. I maintain that since he came to the club we have looked unsettled. There was obviously a case of Strachan/Telfer type favouritism going on between King and Boothroyd.

I dont dispute that he has been a good player on the field, but I do think he unsettled the camp! His individual performances have been OK to be fair to him, but the team havent gelled and therefore him being there has more often than not proved a waste. I think he may have been too good for the squad we have!

I accept people will disagree, but its what I believe!

Users who are viewing this thread