Bothroyd blasts referees (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

JayBothroyd_2526811.jpg
Bluebirds hit-man slams "untouchable" officials
Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd insists referees should own up and admit to mistakes made during matches, labelling them "untouchable".
The striker was referring to an incident during Saturday's 2-1 defeat at QPR in which he appeared to be brought down in the penalty area by the outstretched leg of Matt Connolly when bearing down on goal, only for official Kevin Friend to wave play on.
The England new boy believes officials need to be more accountable and own up to their mistakes.
"I've gone through in the penalty area and the guy has left his leg out," Bothroyd told the South Wales Echo. "He didn't get the ball and took me down, yet the referee didn't give a penalty.
"Then Craig Bellamy ran through. He was in the box and their guy pulled him by his shirt - everyone can see the big V from the back of his shirt. Once again he didn't give it and it's inconsistent. He (Friend) is a Premier League referee as well.

Untouchable

"I don't understand why referees are untouchable. For me if you make a mistake you hold your hands up and say I made a mistake. I don't understand why referees can't do that.

"He waved me away saying it was never a penalty. I'm going through to score a goal, he's brought me down. I don't understand. Why would I go down if it's not a penalty?"

Nick

Administrator
What about the penalty they got against us in the 3rd minute which pretty much changed the game that was dire? The same happened last year too!

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Bothroyd is always goes down too easily, did when he was with us and he still does now!

covladzak

Plus he's a lazy twat.... I can't stand him....I can't see how he ever got picked for the England side...

CovKingChris

Facebook User
What a knob. I hate him. And i am not saying this just because I hate him but to me, it didnt look like he had been brought down. He went down to easily, he got a little clip and then fell like the fat lazy bastard he is.

"He waved me away saying it was never a penalty. I'm going through to score a goal, he's brought me down. I don't understand. Why would I go down if it's not a penalty?" - because your a knob and cheat all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread