Bowie is back!! (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

Too right! Sheffield was THE place for 80's. Apart from the Human League - saw them at Cov Theatre on the Dare tour, there were obviously H17, Cabaret Votaire and the wonderful Comsat Angels.

Sheffield's finest Richard Hawley is at the Assembly in Leamnington next month, really looking forward to going to that. Hawley is superb.

Love Bowie and I think the new single is brilliant. I hated Reality.

OMG don't get me started. I wasa DJ in the 80's so could manage a list longer than your arm. Sheffieild was producing bands in the 80's that all had significant impact and later went on to be major producers for other artiste and still are today! So much talent in the 80's unlike today.

Bowie is a legend. This new album is actually pretty good.

Last edited:

ccfc_Tom

Each and every to their own..

Interesting how people's tastes vary isn't it. I for some reason have followed a linear pattern of what bands and singers have seemingly been deemed 'great' over the past 50 years.

60's - Beatles, Kinks, Stones, Small Faces, Beach Boys, Dylan

70's - T Rex, Bowie, Reed, Nick Drake, Pink Floyd, Pistols, Clash, Buzzcocks, Ramones, Joy Division, Devo

80's - Human League, Kraftwerk, New Order, Depeche Mode, Cure, Talking Heads

90's - Nirvana, Radiohead, Elliot Smith etc.

Be interested to see how other poster's 'family trees' of music tastes pan out.

Also, if there are any 'greats' out there I have missed that warrant a place.

Velvet underground for the 60s! i guess youve already mentioned reed for the 70s though..

torchomatic

With you for most of that, Otis. However never really liked Dylan or the stones. I always like the West Coast stuff from the 60's: Love, Buffalo Springfield, etc.

Didn't really like much in the 90s and tended just to listen to old stuff.

Each and every to their own..

Interesting how people's tastes vary isn't it. I for some reason have followed a linear pattern of what bands and singers have seemingly been deemed 'great' over the past 50 years.

60's - Beatles, Kinks, Stones, Small Faces, Beach Boys, Dylan

70's - T Rex, Bowie, Reed, Nick Drake, Pink Floyd, Pistols, Clash, Buzzcocks, Ramones, Joy Division, Devo

80's - Human League, Kraftwerk, New Order, Depeche Mode, Cure, Talking Heads

90's - Nirvana, Radiohead, Elliot Smith etc.

Be interested to see how other poster's 'family trees' of music tastes pan out.

Also, if there are any 'greats' out there I have missed that warrant a place.

Users who are viewing this thread