Brandon Stadium (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Not what he’s saying - like I said. Speedway is not football, Brandon needs serious TLC and it needs to show the investment in it would bring a benefit.

is Speedway a popular sport? Would it justify the money spent on renovating the stadium?
4 wheeled short circuit motorsport is still very popular. Anyone who went to Brandon on a Friday or Saturday night to watch F1 stock cars or banger racing will tell you that it was often packed. Even with 2 wheels flat track racing is growing in popularity fast and is screaming out for more venues. I’m not saying that it’s going to make someone a billionaire but with some investment and proper management there’s plenty of scope to be successful again.

Some things to note are that there are parties waiting in the wings with the ability to invest and a historical involvement in short circuit motorsport that want it to reopen and succeed as a motorsport venue. RBC and the neighbouring community want it to reopen as a motorsport venue. Finally it was the previous owners own personal finances that ultimately meant he had to unload it to Brandon Estates, the venue on it’s own was capable of at least wiping it’s face, the problem was it had been loaded with debt because the owner was out of his depth and didn’t have the personal ability to invest.

Kneeza

Well that's fucked it. Prime Minister Itchy Nutsack has endorsed the stadium's revival. Fuck it.
F1 Stox is still very popular, and used to sell-out Brandon for World Finals (I've been there for quite a few, and it always used to take ages to get out of the car park afterwards, even with lots of extra parking over the road).
Stox fans are massively behind reopening it, and the main player in the bid to purchase and re-open is a Stox man.
Bangers too. Always a hoot, and always well attended.
I'm not quite so sure about Speedway. Yes, I loved it, and used to go every Saturday night (including away meets at Swindon, Cradley etc) but it's been in decline for years now and the heady days of it being the number two spectator sport will never return.
All that said - Up The Bees! Bring them back.

Users who are viewing this thread