Breaking news - players released (1 Viewer)

Sub

to save money in the close season ??? buy a new squad the week before we start ?:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

procdoc

very pointless unless the OP knows something we don't? I wish he/she could have elaborated a bit more!

AFCCOVENTRY

Sorry... Not sure where the rest of the post went.

Statement coming today at some point I have been told

I'mARealWizard

Sorry... Not sure where the rest of the post went.

Same place as the £480,000 for the academy I imagine.

Don't ask the administrator to help you locate it there, he doesn't appear to be very quick on finding things:

36999126.jpg

Covstu

i am lost here, players are being released but absolutely no more detail. COme back when there is real news please!!!:sleep:

Sub

who is making the decisions on who is leaving is it appelton ? SISU Or Elvis because i didnt think SISU or Elvis could?? i thought it was totally down to our unbiased administrator to run the club?

Bluegloucester

who is making the decisions on who is leaving is it appelton ? SISU Or Elvis because i didnt think SISU or Elvis could?? i thought it was totally down to our unbiased administrator to run the club?

Agreed, should be Appleton. Fisher seems to be in control of this episode. Really need the Football League to state who is in control of the club.

Covstu

You would have to say that appleton would have the say here to try and cut the big wages off the books asap. You would think that a firesale would be in order to try and get some money rather than make them redundant however.

Sub

and if they are seperate companies (LTD - holdings) surely holdings have no say over who is employed by LTD and who isnt??

NorthernWisdom

If the contracts are with Holdings it will be SISU's decision.

If the contracts are with Ltd. it will be the administrator's.

God help us if its Fisher, so following on from his we are not paying you a bonus last year (some of which was valid) is he now giving it we would like you all to tear up your contracts as we dont see why we should pay you in the summer whilst you are on holiday!

procdoc

I did actually hear last night in the pub that all Coventry players will be made available or released but I dismissed it as speculation. I was winding up my mate's son who is in the Coventry academy saying he will have to play for my Sunday team next season ;)

chiefdave

are we talking about all the players being released or just being told who is being released? if SISU try and release all the players things could get interesting quickly as that's sure to light a fire under the FL and PFA.

Chipfat

I posted last night what i had heard, which was all on transfer list unless contract out then they will be let go.... No new contracts given out to current pro and cant even sign first year pro on yet....

chiefdave

I posted last night what i had heard, which was all on transfer list unless contract out then they will be let go.... No new contracts given out to current pro and cant even sign first year pro on yet....

that makes more sense than everyone being booted out. isn't that fairly standard under administation as the administrator has to cut costs as low as possible?

I'm sorry but SP should have 100% say on who he releases. This is HIS squad. He shouldnt be forced to release his best players because of a bunch of arseholes putting this club in the shit. He's screwed before he's started then. It's Pressley's squad, he should have the final say

ajsccfc

I'm sorry but SP should have 100% say on who he releases. This is HIS squad. He shouldnt be forced to release his best players because of a bunch of arseholes putting this club in the shit. He's screwed before he's started then. It's Pressley's squad, he should have the final say

Ideally, but football rarely works that way, much less at a struggling third tier team in administration.

Nick

Administrator

Would he not know this before taking the job? Surely he can't be that naive?

dongonzalos

Steven Pressely has said he wants the squad down by about 10 players.

We know he had one on ones with the players yesterday to tell them if they fit in his plans.

Today we will find out in the media that some players are to be released

Is anyone shocked?

BrisbaneBronco

Coventry City

Will reserve judgement on this one until it is confirmed/denied officially. Problem is that GS is with Ltd and players contracts probably with Holdings.
SISU will now know that without GS, they cannot play in League 1.
What use have they got for the players with nowhere to play. Therefore the probable outcome is that all under contract will be sold and SISU will pocket the proceeds in lieu of money invested and those out of contract will be released. SISU will then walk off into the sunset, and ANO will purchase Ltd from the administrator.

Nonleagueherewecome

SISU don't do walking off into the sunset...

Users who are viewing this thread