Brighton away - November 26 (1 Viewer)

TLO

Evening chaps and chappesses.

Brighton fan here. I posted on here at the end of last season as a pathetically happy fella whose side had won promotion, then the division, and was looking forward to our new stadium.

Sorry to say, I'm back.

At the time, there was a vague notion of Coventry fans coming to the Amex - and you'd be made more than welcome - wearing pink (to celebrate Brighton's 'diversity' - ho, ho) for charity. I don't recall the exact nature of the charity, but the idea of wearing pink in Brighton seemed to tickle a few of you.

I don't know if this idea is still on, but if it is, I have no doubt some of us Brighton fans may want to get involved.

We have a recent history of appreciating the support many fans of other clubs offered in our time of need in 1995-97, especially with Fans United, and I recall Coventry shirts there - just recently it was Brighton fans who instigated the Fans Re-United at Plymouth - but we're proud of our new place and want to make people feel like they've had a good time (90 minutes of football notwithstanding).

Anyhoo, I digress. Let us know if you're doing anything, and if so, what it is.

If not, see you in six weeks' time, anyway for beers on the concourses before and after the match.

smileycov

Facebook User
Hi TLO, i recall your thread. well done so far, we are in turmoil and the news tonight may well be confirmed in the morning, that our season will get worse!!

Anyhow i do remember ROB wanting to wear leather chaps or something ha-ha

Only kidding Rob, need a laugh :D

rob9872

Hi mate, I remeber you and the discussion which I have thought about since. However, nothing has been suggested (I guess we were hoping for a nice early or late season sunny day) and the general feeling around our club is that it's unlikely unless the current board have gone (congrats on your start btw, hope the wheels haven't fallen off - Just need CMS to get scoring). I guess like many of the die hards we'll be there largely because its a new ground to visit, but unlikely it will be the 'Away day special' that Palace had at the Ricoh which prompted the original suggestion. I'll set a thread up later/tomorrow and see what we can drum up.

Lol at smiley too :)

TLO

Hi Rob - Just caught up on your club news. Jeez, bit of a mess isn't it? What's the prognosis - better times ahead or a mass of uncertainty?

We're consolidating at present. Our start has been fantastic, but we've mis-placed our mojo for the time being. If anyone can sort it, Gus can. Then we can take it from there.

Back down here - if you need encouraging to come down, tickets will be £24.00.

You get the away end lit in sky blue, with Coventry City hero images projected onto the walls. You may well get to natter with Chris Cattlin - top bloke.

Real ale (Harvey's, Dark Star, plus your local ale), excellent pies (though shite burgers) in the concourses before AND after the game. All concourses are opened up to home and away fans after the match, meaning you get to look around all parts of the ground.

Car parking is non-existant, so come down by train or coach, and stick around for some beers while the human traffic disperses.

www.northstandchat.com is our equivalent of Sky Blue Talk. :)

pusbccfc

Alright mate, what's the cost of tickets, adults and kids, and also, am I right in saying the away end holds 2400?

Also I really think we should organise this for our away day, great location, new ground...

TLO

Alright mate, what's the cost of tickets, adults and kids, and also, am I right in saying the away end holds 2400?

Got these prices from the Hull City website for their match with us at the Amex this Saturday. I see no reason why yours wouldn't be the same.

£24 Adults
£17 Seniors (Over 65)
£12 Under 18s
£6 Under 10s

I think the official capacity for the away end is 2,575.

kg82

Also I really think we should organise this for our away day, great location, new ground...

I got in touch with the club about this - no reply! We'll have to take it upon ourselves!

TLO

There's no pubs around the stadium, but there's plenty around Brighton Station, then it's a 9-minute train journey to Falmer Station (stadium is right there). Your Coventry (or anywhere out of Sussex) to Brighton rail ticket ought to be valid for this short hop.

Like I said earlier, the Albion actively encourage you to stick around afterwards to drink beer and eat pies, in order to help ease traffic congestion... and to help pay for a new defender. :)

rob9872

No better times ahead I'm afraid TLO. League 1 is almost certain for next season even at such an early stage although I guess most of us will still be pleased to have a club next season whatever the league status. The future is grim.

I guess the limited parking was similar ito ours in its ability to get planning permission as it was to be 'greener', although we then had huge car parks built and a two mile parking exclusion around the ground forcing you to pay to the car parks run by guess who - yep the council!

As you've already put the details on here, we might aswell keep it all to one thread, so thanks for the prices. In addition I've just looked up thetrainline.com for prices and £60.50 is the cheapest return shown but you can book two singles (although its reserved seating so you must get that train) that can do for £38.50 - Leaves Cov 10ish and gets into Brighton two hours before the game returning at 7ish to get into Cov at 10.

TLO

Bloody hell - good luck with your travails. It's scary when the future is that uncertain.

With our car parking, it's set aside for people who have paid for the season. In other words, there is no car parking for away fans. The closest is either at Lewes, and get the train in, or risk it on the council estates about a mile away. In short, take train - drink beer.

Just to muddy the waters with your train ticket. It may be worth looking up how much it is to get a return from Coventry to Haywards Heath. We have a travel voucher system where you can get to and from the ground with these vouchers from within a certain area. I think they're £1.30 each, and it covers the area from Haywards Heath to Brighton. You wouldn't need to change your train for it. Enquire when you buy your match ticket.

Let me know if there's anything else you need to know. And if you're wearing pink. Some Brighton fans do it as a matter of routine...

Hcut PUSB

Train from Stafford is abuot £70 booked as singles for me an the Boy match ticket prices are good though as it will be £30 for the two of us , unless Albion do a nice forces discount. Wewill be there, would be good to try and do a really big away day.:p

All in all not too bad as alway budget aboyt £100 for away days, God its not cheap anymore is it, only really good one last year was PNE as mach tickets we £13 and the train wa £27 booked early, all went swimmingly till the game then having to share a train with a bunch of pissed blue noses on the way back.

BIG G

Hi Chaps, First post. I live in Warwick and just booked the train Warwick to London Marylebone and from Victoria - Brighton through Raileasy cost £30.00 return. Book as 2 journeys.Get the train from Cov to Leamington, then Leamington to London and so on. Need to be quick as cheap tickets are going quick.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
It would cost me £18.30 on the train plus £6.15 ferry fare, so £24.45 journey. Then the cost of the match on top. Hmmmm, even a "local" game for me is past my budget. :(

Users who are viewing this thread