Brighton. (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Great club, great owner, fantastic model to copy ... but should've done better and been £129m profit instead if wasting £6m on Ayari 😉🤣

rob9872

Who else remembers The Withdean Stadium😄
I do, although don't remember City playing there, so if we did, I didnt go! Went to the Goldstone Ground many years back.

Tea & Busquets

I’d like to think we’re going in that direction, analyzing data, signing players for cheap selling high etc. Need to work on youth development though, we really lack in that regard imo.

LastGarrison

I do, although don't remember City playing there, so if we did, I didnt go! Went to the Goldstone Ground many years back.
I went when we played them in the FA Cup 3rd round.

Think we 1-0 through a McSheffrey goal not long after half time which I missed as I was taking a piss!

Grendel

I’d like to think we’re going in that direction, analyzing data, signing players for cheap selling high etc. Need to work on youth development though, we really lack in that regard imo.

I don’t see Doug King putting half a billion in somehow

Tea & Busquets

I don’t see Doug King putting half a billion in somehow
Doesn’t need to put in half a billion. With some smart investments like we’ve currently been making and more focus on buying/developing youth we can go a long way. Brighton have only recently started putting significant investment into buying young South American talents. They have a good scouting network in Ireland which has bred the likes of Evan Ferguson, Andrew Moran, etc. Can definitely replicate that to a great degree. Dinanga was like 19 or 20 when we brought him in, we need to invest in youth scouting rather than B team scouting.

Grendel

Doesn’t need to put in half a billion. With some smart investments like we’ve currently been making and more focus on buying/developing youth we can go a long way. Brighton have only recently started putting significant investment into buying young South American talents. They have a good scouting network in Ireland which has bred the likes of Evan Ferguson, Andrew Moran, etc. Can definitely replicate that to a great degree. Dinanga was like 19 or 20 when we brought him in, we need to invest in youth scouting rather than B team scouting.

The owner lent the club over £400 million.

In effect they in the previous two years actually lost £100m which was minimalists by a further £70 million equity investment

Users who are viewing this thread