Bringing out the worst (1 Viewer)

Lorksalordy

Hello - long time lurker and first time poster.

Like all am feeling pretty dejected about the whole situation and struggling to see any positive progress whilst all sides appear so entrenched in their opinions and blinded by personal disputes. Common sense and practical solutions seem so far down the priority list it is untrue.

Similarly, and most disappointingly, it has caused deep divisions within the fan base. The self congratulatory gloating of a small but vocal minority who are going to "home" games and seem to be revelling in the fact that others (their fellow fans) are missing out is very hard to take. This situation should see the fans galvanising but unfortunately the opposite seems to be happening.

I am not going to Sixfields, not due to being on "a side" and not as I feel part of any campaign but simply because it is completely wrong and such a daft course of action to have taken regardless of the circumstances leading to it being taken. There is no sensible explanation for it being a sensible idea that I can see and the alienation this has caused and the disconnect between the club and the fans is destructive and will take years to repair. Not sure my 9 year old will be that interested in 3 / 5 / never in a month of sundays, years time and that is repeated by the thousand across the city.

So, I will sit and listen on the radio, on a Sunday (!) and cheer the team on. We could make it off the bottom today with one of the best starts in years and look to have some real emerging talent / team spirit which, in the circumstances is nothing short of amazing.

And then next week there will be no doubt be some statements, counter statements, revelations regarding legal documents, company structures and a whole lot of pointless squabbling leading ultimately to the square root of shag all progress........

Keep the faith, PUSB and all that shite.

Hello - long time lurker and first time poster.

Like all am feeling pretty dejected about the whole situation and struggling to see any positive progress whilst all sides appear so entrenched in their opinions and blinded by personal disputes. Common sense and practical solutions seem so far down the priority list it is untrue.

Similarly, and most disappointingly, it has caused deep divisions within the fan base. The self congratulatory gloating of a small but vocal minority who are going to "home" games and seem to be revelling in the fact that others (their fellow fans) are missing out is very hard to take. This situation should see the fans galvanising but unfortunately the opposite seems to be happening.

I am not going to Sixfields, not due to being on "a side" and not as I feel part of any campaign but simply because it is completely wrong and such a daft course of action to have taken regardless of the circumstances leading to it being taken. There is no sensible explanation for it being a sensible idea that I can see and the alienation this has caused and the disconnect between the club and the fans is destructive and will take years to repair. Not sure my 9 year old will be that interested in 3 / 5 / never in a month of sundays, years time and that is repeated by the thousand across the city.

So, I will sit and listen on the radio, on a Sunday (!) and cheer the team on. We could make it off the bottom today with one of the best starts in years and look to have some real emerging talent / team spirit which, in the circumstances is nothing short of amazing.

And then next week there will be no doubt be some statements, counter statements, revelations regarding legal documents, company structures and a whole lot of pointless squabbling leading ultimately to the square root of shag all progress........

Keep the faith, PUSB and all that shite.

What about the fuck off sisu rent boy mob? everytime someone do not agree with them...?

Lorksalordy

Agreed and, as per the thread title, I was suggesting that this is bringing out the worst in people across the board - people revelling in low attendances and hoping the team lose are other examples.

BurbageSkyBlues

Yes, agree that this whole situation is causing so much fraction and division amongst the fans, and, as you say, the long term damage that is being done to the core fan base......this will take two generations and much on the field success to repair.

It does make you question the long term objectives of our owners - in terms of strategy, for financial growth, it is self destructive.

bringbackrattles

A good post and I agree with what you say as this move to Northampton is ridiculous and has caused friction between us fans. I will never go there and can't understand why any fan attends games because if nobody went they would all sit round the table and sort this mess out.They can pay vast amounts to agents but cannot pay rent so anybody who sticks up for the owners need to get there priorities in order.This move has caused so much unrest and not just for us fans but for businesses around the ground who have lost out on matchdays,but SISU don't give a toss do they ?

Grendel

A good post and I agree with what you say as this move to Northampton is ridiculous and has caused friction between us fans. I will never go there and can't understand why any fan attends games because if nobody went they would all sit round the table and sort this mess out.They can pay vast amounts to agents but cannot pay rent so anybody who sticks up for the owners need to get there priorities in order.This move has caused so much unrest and not just for us fans but for businesses around the ground who have lost out on matchdays,but SISU don't give a toss do they ?

I would rather money is spent on agents than rent - doubt ACL give a toss about other businesses either.

simple_simon

Now have the view that I do not give a toss about SISU or who owns us, all I want is us back at Ricoh.
Get on the hill, GET COV BACK TO COV

skybluetony176

i never want to see the team loose and don't revel in small crowds at "home" games because that would mean i am enjoying the fact that we are playing at sixfields which i aint. i don't see what other options we have at the moment other than to demonstrate with our feet and stay away.

(edit) forgot to say great 1st thread by the way:welcome:

Last edited:

skybluetony176

I would rather money is spent on agents than rent - doubt ACL give a toss about other businesses either.

how about you just give your opinion on what the thread is supposed to be about rather than pick up on a comment in someone else's reply and start an argument, againt. thus confirming what the thread is trying to point out.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bringing out the wurst

Here you are.........

RegTheDonk

Agreed and, as per the thread title, I was suggesting that this is bringing out the worst in people across the board - people revelling in low attendances and hoping the team lose are other examples.

Welcome Lork :) Glad you've taken the plunge to put your thoughts up. They mirror those of my dad, uncle, and a few others who aren't tech savvy and can't use a computer.

You've certainly hit a nail on the head about the worst in people, I suppose its because some are very passionate about the City and take things very much to heart, no matter which side of the fence they are sitting - though some will use any excuse to cause a stir or go on a wind up.

Its a shame there are indeed a few who want us to lose. I can see the logic though, if we don't win then the crowds will drop even further. But the flip side is relegation and we don't want that surely. I'm not happy with the situation, but am quite able to cheer our goals from the comfort of my living room.

Spionkop

It's 2.40 pm. Usually I'd be in the Tesco concourse trying to watch Sky Sports news on those tiny TV screens they had up there. Talking with a few friends about the game. Picking the team.
I don't want us to lose. I'll catch snatches of the game on the radio. I DO hope there is a tiny crowd so that Sisu can plainly see us City fans are united together in big opposition to their mad plans. I don't buy this the fans are not united. WE ARE, it's plain to see. Most of us don't go to Sixfields. 90% at least of us. How united do you want?
As it is I'm off out with the wife. I love her to bits but I'd rather be at the Ricoh watching my team as I've done man and boy all my life.
Nice post Lork. Excuse us we're all a bit grumpy.

L

longjohnskyblue

Why? Still isn't going to the club is it!

Once again you show your true self

Users who are viewing this thread