Match Thread Bristol City (A) (3 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

We managed to get parked up on the street there last time I went (2014 2-0 win), though the gate was lower. Parked just around the corner from the main drag (few bars along it), think we went in the Bristol Beer Factory which is good
North street if anybody is interested.

They've tightened up the restrictions and crowds are bigger now. It's a real pain in the arse.

MAFF

bizarre take on the bristol forum i've just seen....

"I live/work in Cov, and have seen a fair amount of them this season. Off the back of that, I am feeling quietly confident tonight. They had hatfulls of chances against Barnsley at the weekend, and only just about managed to overcome them. For all of O'Hare's talent, he is just not a goalthreat & doesn't contribute much by way of assists as his undoubted talent would otherwise suggest. Gyokeres blows hot & cold, on his night can be a handful though. If we can score two, I can't see them outscoring us. I like Kyle McFadzean and it was a real shame that we didn't sign him all those moons ago (?viral illness), but if Antoine & Andi start running at him directly then we might get some change out of him. Hopefully Dabo still misses out as he's half decent, Maatsen (chelsea loanee) @ LWB (possibly in a 3-4-2-1 away from home), will need to be watched closely. In summary, if we play to our strengths, and given our home form, I think we have a lot to look forward to later. Cov fans not unanimously keen on Robins either so if we strike early, may well flatten their crowd a little.

Let's hope this optimistic post doesn't age poorly!!!

COYR!!!"

TomS91

"I live/work in Cov, and have seen a fair amount of them this season. Off the back of that, I am feeling quietly confident tonight. They had hatfulls of chances against Barnsley at the weekend, and only just about managed to overcome them. For all of O'Hare's talent, he is just not a goalthreat & doesn't contribute much by way of assists as his undoubted talent would otherwise suggest. Gyokeres blows hot & cold, on his night can be a handful though. If we can score two, I can't see them outscoring us. I like Kyle McFadzean and it was a real shame that we didn't sign him all those moons ago (?viral illness), but if Antoine & Andi start running at him directly then we might get some change out of him. Hopefully Dabo still misses out as he's half decent, Maatsen (chelsea loanee) @ LWB (possibly in a 3-4-2-1 away from home), will need to be watched closely. In summary, if we play to our strengths, and given our home form, I think we have a lot to look forward to later. Cov fans not unanimously keen on Robins either so if we strike early, may well flatten their crowd a little.

COYR!!!"
He's not wrong. I've seen somebody saying taxi for Robins before on here.

Sky Blue Harry H

COYR!!!"
Brilliant, I was just about to copy the same post !

Thought he had been trawling G's 'taxi for Robins' thread !!

PVA

Moore
Hyam McFadz JCS
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Allen
O'Hare
Gyokeres Waghorn

Wilson, Rose, Maatsen, Bidwell, Kane, Shipley, Tavares

1-2 Cov

giphy.gif

David O'Day

COYR!!!"

You've found Grenners Brizzle log in there

larry_david

For all of O'Hare's talent, he is just not a goalthreat & doesn't contribute much by way of assists as his undoubted talent would otherwise suggest.

I mean...is he wrong?

rob9872

Half day hols and looking forward to this, leaving shortly. Assume Hamer for Waghorn the only change and expect Dabo to come on for longer before starting on Sat. Come on City, pusb!

Skyblueweeman

We've got players who are tired so we need to shake things up every game. Allen, despite what many think on here, isn't a bad player. He'll put in a shift, has a good pass on him and is experienced enough to play there.

Granted a little left-field (literally) but could do a job. In my opinion. If you disagree - no probs.

rob9872

We've got players who are tired so we need to shake things up every game. Allen, despite what many think on here, isn't a bad player. He'll put in a shift, has a good pass on him and is experienced enough to play there.

Granted a little left-field (literally) but could do a job. In my opinion. If you disagree - no probs.
Understand your point but we have 3 options ahead of him at LWB who are fit and available. I think Allen starts but not there.

SeaSeeEffCee

COYR!!!"
Not much he's got wrong tbf aside from the bizarre comment about Robins. Not sure I've ever spoken to a Cov fan (not including some of the loons on here) who doesn't love Robins.

Sky Blue Harry H

Been here since Sunday. Its an attractive City, really impressed. Going to shed museum on way to ground. I don't expect a particularly good result though.

To be fair, I wouldn't expect a result in a shed museum, unless you can smuggle your missus in one for a quickie (careful of splinters, though!)

Users who are viewing this thread