Match Thread Bristol City (A) (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Aside from 45-60 minutes when we were under the cosh I’ve no idea where he’s got that from.
They had marginally the best of the first 25 minutes first half, we scored and they didn't threaten at all.
Second half they came out on top but we actually made the first opening with O'Hare. Then they got their goal but we gradually got a bit of control back. Not sure they were on top for anywhere near that long a period in the game tbh.

Nick

Administrator
Listening to Pearson reaction and reading comments from Bristol City, they're talking like we were absolutely dominated.

Am I missing something?

Thought we delivered a good away performance tonight

Maybe for about 20 minutes just before and after their goal but that's it.

Liquid Gold

His interview is bizarre, he basically says that he takes responsibility for the first goal by blaming a player playing out of position.
I’ve heard loads of weird rumours from Bristol City mates that he’s a drinker and has made some mad decisions and phone calls when pissed.

Brighton Sky Blue

He's always been a bit of a twat though hasn't he

Yes but usually an honest one, as he was last season. I just don’t get how he’s come to that conclusion. It was just the 15 minute spell after half time where traditionally we don’t get going.

For the most part we carved out the better chances and restricted them pretty well. To say we’d have been lucky to get a point is simply deluded

fernandopartridge

You telling me he ain't pissed
c6d3f9ee63cb3a583697a451bfeaee97.jpg

South West Sky Blue

Andy King I’ll give you. But not Matty James, he has been good for us in fairness.
Matty James was class for us last year. Only had him half a season, but was disappointed he chose to move on. Appeared to have a bit more time and calmness about him.
I’d still probably have him back TBH. Although we couldn’t afford his wages, or his medical bills!

Liquid Gold

He's talking like they were prime Barcelona or something. They played good football as opposed to the hoof but they weren't special.

Liquid Gold

Matty James was class for us last year. Only had him half a season, but was disappointed he chose to move on. Appeared to have a bit more time and calmness about him.
I’d still probably have him back TBH. Although we couldn’t afford his wages, or his medical bills!
Disagree. He finished well but took ages to get going and not sure he was worth the wages.

Much happier developing Sheaf who is a great player.

olderskyblue

So, the waist (or chest?) high, studs up foul. Wasn't that worth more than a talking to for their player?

Gynnsthetonic

Also really impressed with Ashton Gate and the surrounding area, loads of pubs, bars, micro breweries and eating places, proper location for a stadium!

skyblue025

Just got back. Thought see were excellent first half but dramatically dropped off second half. Poor goal to conceed , not sure what any of our centre halfs were doing. The obligatory sitter missed by Callum after a great dribble. Still have no clue how Hyam managed to hit the bar from 2 feet and not score. 2 great goal from us. Gus showed what we have missed while he was suspended with 2 amazing passes for the goals. SBA were awesome. Onto PNE.

baldy

49987A92-9871-46B3-822D-DBE7FD4BDC06.jpeg

I’m telling ya,whoever the featured player is on the City calendar on any given month,that player always does something in that month,Maatsen’s definitely contributed in Feb (sad I know but I’ve noticed it for a few years 🤣)…look who’s time to shine it is in March 🤔🤣

Paul O Donoghue

Just got back home, thought the midfield of Allen, Hamer and O'Hare were superb, Shipley looked like a rabbit staring at the headlights when he came on looked so out of his depth. Great 3 points, really ground it out, roll on Saturday for 3 points on my 50th birthday!
Jamie Allen has been terrific lately for a player that was supposedly on the way out not so long ago. Nigel thinks he's a guru but in reality he spoofs his way through interviews. Huge credit to Simon Moore for two brave interventions tonight. Kane looks wrecked and Dabo coming back is a real bonus. Hamer is different gravy when on song and he was the real difference with two splendid assists. Shipleys came was awful I thought. Pulled up when tracking back after being on the grass for TEN minutes. Compared to Fanky his introduction was abysmal. Fans were super yet again.

Users who are viewing this thread