Bristol City Away - JPT draw (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yep. Wembley dream probably now over.

You never know for certain of course, but it's not even like our away record is even half decent is it and we do keep shipping goals.

Unless Bristol have an off day I think this has defeat written all over it.

Covstar

It just had to happen to top off this week. A 7-0 loss to Notts county would really put the icing on the cake.

RoboCCFC90

They have to lose some time, just like Orient last season, they came unstuck against us, why can't it happen again? Yes ideally it's not the best draw, but we are 2-0 up against the West Country in this competition I am all for making it a hat-trick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluejelly

I was not that impressed with them when we played them we had reda missing ,no nouble no fleck no madine..I think it will be a very different game .

I would much rather play Bristol over one leg than two..and probably easier to get tickets for Bristol than if it was at the ricoh if we win this the area final will definitely be another sell out

Otis

I was not that impressed with them when we played them we had reda missing ,no nouble no fleck no madine..I think it will be a very different game .

I would much rather play Bristol over one leg than two..and probably easier to get tickets for Bristol than if it was at the ricoh if we win this the area final will definitely be another sell out

I'd rather play Bristol over one leg too, but this is an away match.

Our away form has been dreadful and Bristol's form has been outstanding. We will either need to play brilliantly or hope Bristol have an off day, cos otherwise this has defeat written all over it.

skybluejelly

I'd rather play Bristol over one leg too, but this is an away match.

Our away form has been dreadful and Bristol's form has been outstanding. We will either need to play brilliantly or hope Bristol have an off day, cos otherwise this has defeat written all over it.

I hope they suffer from Coventry syndrome ... they think it will be a walkover.(crewe,worcester city) and get dumped on there arse's by us .. they really don't need the distraction with where they are in the league and this is the only chance we have to put some money in the coffers this year

pusbccfc

How many down there? Surely a good turnout?

skybluelee

The only glimmer of hope is that they have been playing their second string (as much as they are permitted to) and hopefully will continue to do so.

The game should mean more to us than them as clearly promotion is their overwhelming priority whereas the JPT is the only thing this season has got going for us.

Without a doubt the toughest draw we could have got. But we're Coventry fans, faith is the only thing we have left. We beat them last season, we can do it again! PUSB!

RoboCCFC90

How many down there? Surely a good turnout?

It won't be that good as they have demolished the stand of which the away fans were put, it'll be more limited..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

block16

We have a much better shot at wembley this way! They'd beat us over 2 legs but in a one off with a shoot out you never know. I'd like to think that by this point they'd be due a rough patch. Didn't massively rate them at the Ricoh so no need to get too down over it! Yes away isn't ideal but think it could be a blessing in disguise. JPT is pretty irrelevant for them

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's Bristol City, not Real Madrid. There a better team than us at the moment but no reason why on the day we couldn't beat them.

Otis

We have a much better shot at wembley this way! They'd beat us over 2 legs but in a one off with a shoot out you never know. I'd like to think that by this point they'd be due a rough patch. Didn't massively rate them at the Ricoh so no need to get too down over it! Yes away isn't ideal but think it could be a blessing in disguise. JPT is pretty irrelevant for them

So, let me get this straight. We just had probably the worst result in our history, the manager has gone nuts and said players will be banished, we ship goals left, right and centre, have a dreadful away record and are playing a team away from home who haven't lost a single game all season, yet this could be a blessing in disguise? ;)

Otis

It's Bristol City, not Real Madrid. There a better team than us at the moment but no reason why on the day we couldn't beat them.

But it's Coventry City not any other team.

Any other team and there would be no reason why on the day they couldn't beat them.

aloisiwouldhavescored

This is the worst possible draw, just have to hope Bristol City have an off day. However when they played us at home earlier in the season I didn't think they looked as good as their position suggests, thought Peterborough looked far better. Here's hoping......PUSB

block16

So, let me get this straight. We just had probably the worst result in our history, the manager has gone nuts and said players will be banished, we ship goals left, right and centre, have a dreadful away record and are playing a team away from home who haven't lost a single game all season, yet this could be a blessing in disguise? ;)

All them things were true anyway, we'd still probably have to face them at some point in the way to wembley. If we're to get there we don't want them over 2 legs when they sniff wembley! It's arguably one of the biggest games of our season now and personally I think we'll sneak it on pens (assuming Reda doesn't take one!)

Gazolba

That's that then...

We always up our game against the top teams so I would not count out a win. We do need to field a full-strength team though.

Users who are viewing this thread