Match Thread Bristol City FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Oct (2 Viewers)

skyblu3sk

We need better. All 3 strikers were poor. We had opportunities to be out of sight after 25 minutes.
In the last 20 minutes their lack of movement was shocking.
In all honesty I've seen better strikers than Haji Wright in non league.

After 30 minutes we should of gone with 1 upfront and played another midfielder, we lost our way when they made a tactical change, and MR failed to respond.
We do need better from them just saying out of all of them tonight Simms was the better. Not saying he's the best I have ever seen.

nmp2327

I just wonder if the new strikers feel a defeat like I do, the impact on me is huge, I doubt the same applies to those 2 we spent massive money on for our club

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Robins shit in game management cost us that. Robins can’t react and as usual makes his standard 75 mins like for like subs.

That is Mark Robins Achilles heel. 🥴

skybluecam

I have to give some credit to Pearson. That first half sub changed the game.

But it’s disappointing that we didn’t even test the keeper when we were dominant. Slightly unlucky yes, on another day one of those goes off the bar and in instead of over, and it’s a different game.

Still worries me that our attack seems to get neutralised fairly easily.

slowpoke

But it’s disappointing that we didn’t even test the keeper when we were dominant. Slightly unlucky yes, on another day one of those goes off the bar and in instead of over, and it’s a different game.

And that’s it in a nutshell total domination first half but not one shot on target.

Chris1987

Don't you think that it's very disappointing that Robins seemed incapable of responding to that change?

Sick Boy

Good to see the
Poor second half but felt we deserved a draw. It wasn't a terrible display. Sheaf did well. Strikers looked good first half but non existent second.

Hopefully soon we can make these set backs rarer and rarer.
The first halt was very good and Sheaf was excellent but at the moment it feels like we’re playing a system that doesn’t suit our players. Something has to change otherwise it’s going to be a frustrating season and I can’t see King being overly patient.

Chris1987

Good to see the

The first halt was very good and Sheaf was excellent but at the moment it feels like we’re playing a system that doesn’t suit our players. Something has to change otherwise it’s going to be a frustrating season and I can’t see King being overly patient.
This can only last so long. Repeating pattern.

Brighton Sky Blue

This keeps being said but I just saw Bristol continue offering nothing and we had quite a few great chances afterwards.

Chris1987

He’s married to 5atb for the foreseeable. And with the outlay on strikers I can’t see him playing one up top. So he’s somewhat in a corner with tactical changes.
He could well fall by that. If a new mid comes in Jan and the others are fit surely the way forward is one up top.

shmmeee

Good to see the

Feels like it suits all the way to the strikers TBH. I don’t know what Simms and Wright want, but it ain’t what we’re giving them. I’m willing to wait and see who comes in to fill that role and how we are with O’Hare back though.

Sick Boy

Feels like it suits all the way to the strikers TBH. I don’t know what Simms and Wright want, but it ain’t what we’re giving them. I’m willing to wait and see who comes in to fill that role and how we are with O’Hare back though.
Yeah I am as well but at the moment it’s really not good.

shmmeee

Yeah I am as well but at the moment it’s really not good.

Cant help but feel with the players we have, some kind of 2/3 at AM or wide forward is needed. If we can get 2/3 of O’Hare, Wright, Allen, Ayari, Palmer, Sakamoto in an AM/wide forward role with Godden/Simms up front on their own I feel we’d do better, what it looks like behind that I’m not sure. But something like 4231 with Latibeaudiere alongside Sheaf and able to drop back might do it. Or Eccles Sheaf and another in a 433…

Unless and until we get a Hamer style player I don’t see this system working. We had Walsh in L1 and Hamer on promotion. We need a formation change or a more dynamic attacking pivot.

procdoc

People keep banging on about formations but it doesn't matter what formation you play if your finishings and set pieces are as poor as ours was to day.
Exactly. We are creating chances so changing the formation would make no difference anyway, as it’ll still be the same personnel

Brighton Sky Blue

I think we saw it against Leicester and Wimbledon, balls over the top for them to run onto.

covcity4life

Eccles corners were shite that's for sure

He's a good player tho. Just think he's not finished article yet and could benefit from not playing every single game. But needs must.

Ashdown

Procdoc….. you’re the big expert remember, you blasted me for saying what you are now …..have you not got the class now to fess up and say you were wrong ?
People keep banging on about that special new midfielder but why don’t we just admit we need another striker as well.

CCFC54321

The simply facts are we have signed a couple of forwards who have not shown any signs of justifying the transfer fees paid. We are approaching November and this jelling excuse is wearing thin. Simply put their both been poor signings and that recruitment team will be concerned as Doug will be asking questions before signing anymore cheques.

Regarding today that was an average Bristol side and again we discuss not finishing teams off. I’ll support Mark Robins in any debate but today he got turned over by Pearson.

We have one way of playing and that’s it. In game management needs to improve or it’s a mid table finish im afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread