Bristol City - huge losses (1 Viewer)

Danceswithhorses

I know that Brizzle have a wealthy benefactor (Steve Lansdown owed £125m incl £65m interest free), but are they going to pass the 'profit and sustainability rules' for the Championship ?

2020/21 loss of £38.4m
2019/20 loss of £10.1m

speedie87

I know that Brizzle have a wealthy benefactor (Steve Lansdown owed £125m incl £65m interest free), but are they going to pass the 'profit and sustainability rules' for the Championship ?

2020/21 loss of £38.4m
2019/20 loss of £10.1m

They put in their press release there are exemptions available for having losses during covid

wingy

2020/21 loss of £38.4m
2019/20 loss of £10.1m

Sure looks similar to all those other instances recently.

Danceswithhorses

For some football clubs it seems 'standard practise' to sail dangerously close to financial failure, so when something unexpected happens eg Covid, they find themselves in trouble, and are then asking for handouts.
Clubs should be more financially prudent and be putting money aside in case of some unforeseen event, if only to cushion the blow slightly, but they seem to believe they will always be rescued.
The banking industry were forced to be more prudent and to keep higher reserves 'just in case'....would it ever be possible to make football clubs live (more) within their means ?

Users who are viewing this thread