Bristol Rovers (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Never a dull day for their fans, relegated season before last then two promotions in a row and a mega rich new owner. Fair play to them.

Closest ground to my home so good away day next season, although theirs is a horrible ground

Bristol sky blue

For obvious reasons I'm pleased too!
Will involve a visiting a few pubs along the Gloucester Road... wise to avoid the Wellington Arms though (potential for trouble). Used to be a pub called the John Cabot which was a nightmare, but it was refurbished a few years ago - now called the Royal Oak - might be ok these days though.

I also have friends in the Oxford area so I am very happy tonight that there are 2 definite away games for me next year (as I don't go to many games...)

Gazolba

I've always like Bristol Rovers strips.

Liquid Gold

For obvious reasons I'm pleased too!
Will involve a visiting a few pubs along the Gloucester Road... wise to avoid the Wellington Arms though (potential for trouble). Used to be a pub called the John Cabot which was a nightmare, but it was refurbished a few years ago - now called the Royal Oak - might be ok these days though.

I also have friends in the Oxford area so I am very happy tonight that there are 2 definite away games for me next year (as I don't go to many games...)

Where in bristol do you live? I'm in St. Pauls near stokes croft, will be perfect to drink all the way up Gloucester road.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Where in bristol do you live? I'm in St. Pauls near stokes croft, will be perfect to drink all the way up Gloucester road.

Bloody 'ell, that's a good old trek. Is the Flyer still open at the bottom of Pigsty Hill? Used to be a good place when I lived down that way.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Local for me too,Went there twice for friendlies in recent years,Crap view from the away end.
I found the Wellington pub fine.
Went drinking on the waterfront then the bay horse near the bus station then bus up the Gloucester Road !!!

Bristol sky blue

I live in Bedminster, but used to live in Rovers territory (Horfield / Kingswood). Not been drinking on Gloucester Rd for years - think there are some quite expensive pubs which aren't all that special. Happy to listen to recommendations though...

Good to see both Bristol clubs heading in the right direction: if City can add a decent strike partner for Kodija (20 goals in 1st season in English football) they could be dark horses for a playoff spot next year. They had a nightmare preseason in terms of not recruiting players they needed last year, should be more successful this time round. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ben Turner go there...

Users who are viewing this thread