Brody's Texting Idea (1 Viewer)

harvey098

I really do think that there is something in the premium rate text idea.
Obviously the substitution idea is stupid because it undermines the manager and just wouldn't work. However....

I would be more than happy to pay £1 to vote for a man of the match.

I know I'm plucking random figures out of the air but say 2/3,000 people voted that would be £2000/£3000 to use as wages and would help considerably towards attracting a loan player.

Just a thought anyway...

pusbccfc

It failed once and it will fail twice, I can't see many people text in especially when when we lose... Always.

Godiva

I really do think that there is something in the premium rate text idea.
Obviously the substitution idea is stupid because it undermines the manager and just wouldn't work. However....

I would be more than happy to pay £1 to vote for a man of the match.

I know I'm plucking random figures out of the air but say 2/3,000 people voted that would be £2000/£3000 to use as wages and would help considerably towards attracting a loan player.

Just a thought anyway...

A cool head giving ideas a chance ... on here????

Yes, it IS a great idea and one that could generate a bit of money.

skybluejelly

yes it would generate money for sisu,all they would do is pay wages they themselves should be paying,the idea in principal is ok you just know they would not do it properly,,and then blame the fans for not texting as a reason for not signing players..they do not need any more excuses

harvey098

Even if only 10 people text in, thats £10 more than we're getting at the moment and in our financial position, every pound counts!

I also feel the players may even work harder knowing the fans will be voting for them.

rob9872

If it takes that to motivate a player to work harder tehn you have to worry about their character and metal strength

The Reverend Skyblue

Personally, and totally my opinion, and is not a fact or i've been told by a mate of a mate, but i think thats a really good idea.Players can be shallow self interested plebs, so knowing that fans might vote for them if they did a forward pass, or go completely mad and have a shot at goal ,could work.

The Rev

skybluejelly

Just to check; part of your case against it is that it would help pay player wages.
my case against it is i doubt sisu would use it to pay wages..
the money i spend on tickets,shirts ,programmes and all the other things purchased from the shop already should be paying there wages.

just remember they will charge a fee for running the scheme ,then administration costs.
it will probably end up at something like 10p in the pound left after expenses

ajsccfc

So considering the club has quite openly been losing money for several years, where do you think the money you spend does go exactly?

skybluejelly

well its not on buying players this year thats for sure,i think some of it may be spent on hotel rooms and portugese flights,and paying off the many managers we have had.

i would love to know how much we have wasted on manager pay offs that in itself would have probably funded us for the whole season

The depressing thing is, a proposed 'man of the match' text vote idea would create far less money than a 'worst player of the match' vote idea. Ian would need to increase his tariff.

Users who are viewing this thread