Bruce sacked Black takes reigns !! (1 Viewer)

sky blue john

Looks like Black is going to get an opportunity to show what he can do.

Walking Bird

A Sunderland win at Wolves on Saturday is almost a guarantee now!

From an outsider looking in's perspective, I think there are reasons for optimism at the Stadium of Light. If we were a club of Sunderland's size or stature in their position, I would approve this change. They might well not know quite so much about Eric Black, hope he finds more success than Steve Kean (as is well deserved).

Nonleagueherewecome

I bet a lot of their fans react by saying "he's not a manager"! But good luck to him if he gets the chance-I always kinda gave him credit for anything Bruce achieved anyway.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Good Luck Black. i do fear that Sunderlands board will want a big name replacement. if they do I sense it wi be a case of de ja vu for Black (being ousted by a big time Charlie like he did here).

Shame we arent managerless. I wouldnt mind having Bruce at the helm! Especially if he could coax Black into coming aswell (altho as we couldnt afford more than 1 loan signing, we're unlikely to be able to afford one of these, let alone 2)

ICHAN

Where ever bruce ends up black will proberly go so I would be surpised if he is their manager for long

bluesky

Bruce is overrated, funny the other day when he said he never walks away from anything or gives up the fight but ask fans of wigan, sheff united, and blues he pretty much did exactly that

wingy

I bet a lot of their fans react by saying "he's not a manager"! But good luck to him if he gets the chance-I always kinda gave him credit for anything Bruce achieved anyway.
Agreed non-league ,Bruces star only really started to shine when Black joined him ,i guess Bruce is paying the price for making such a radical change to the team ,expecting ten or more players to gel,with 2-3 seeing it as a backward move in there careers ,not the best form of motivation is it ,and he should have recognised that when bringing them in.

valiant15

Why are they so much bigger? Bigger crowds and ground? There just another mediocre prem club with a load of deluded fans,just like the majority of clubs in the worlds most overated league.

kg82

Why are they so much bigger? Bigger crowds and ground? There just another mediocre prem club with a load of deluded fans,just like the majority of clubs in the worlds most overated league.

Here you go, won the league 5 or 6 times, won the FA Cup 2 times, huge fanbase which is much bigger than ours and yes, they're in the prem. We have won the FA Cup once... That's it. That's as close as we get to them. And while they may be a middle of the road Premiership team we are a club currently heading for league 1. So yeah, they're bigger than us, historically and presently.

torchomatic

Yeah, I think you're right. Black is forever a bridesmaid never the bride. Good luck to him. See how could he can be.

I don't take much notice of the PL. Were Sunderland doing that badly then?

Where ever bruce ends up black will proberly go so I would be surpised if he is their manager for long

Paxman II

Potentially we are bigger than Sunderland. We are a bigger City and spent 34 years in the top flight while they were either in a league lower or up and down. Their recent history puts them as being perceived as a bigger club. They do have a good fan base and the NE does have a much more football crazed fan base. So while they are in the prem they will be a 'bigger' club but not much between them if we shared the same league...

Evil Monkey

Anyone hear Bruce the other day when he said "‘Whatever abuse is thrown at me, I would never walk away – never. It’s not in my nature at all."? Cough - Sheffield Utd - cough - Wigan - cough - Palace - cough - tosser.

Users who are viewing this thread