Bt sport (1 Viewer)

speedie87

programme on tonight at 10:30 showing goals from 86/87 fa cup so should get a few on there

CCFC72

Just watched the semi final against Leeds. Micky Gynn was a bit of a nutter throwing himself about. Didn’t realise he was involved in all 3 goals. Happy days.

speedie87

Don’t think had seen that Gynn goal v Man Utd before either.

Love late 80’s early 90’s football

Hoddle and waddle were diff class in some of those games too

Terry_dactyl

Just watched the semi final against Leeds. Micky Gynn was a bit of a nutter throwing himself about. Didn’t realise he was involved in all 3 goals. Happy days.
I thought Gynn was massively underrated. A quality player IMO. There appeared to be a number of players in and around that time - borrows, Phillips, Gynn peake - who seemed to fly below the radar of the big clubs for some reason. Good for us though!

NorthernWisdom

I thought Gynn was massively underrated. A quality player IMO. There appeared to be a number of players in and around that time - borrows, Phillips, Gynn peake - who seemed to fly below the radar of the big clubs for some reason. Good for us though!
Bit different time though. Phillips got his move to Norwich at a time when he could play for a club who then came third in the top flight, before doing the same at Forest.

So that's a bit like joining Spurs now, I guess!

Terry_dactyl

Bit different time though. Phillips got his move to Norwich at a time when he could play for a club who then came third in the top flight, before doing the same at Forest.

So that's a bit like joining Spurs now, I guess!
Yeah, I think players used to stay with clubs longer back then. I guess the pay wasn’t massively different between teams.

Terry_dactyl

He went to Norwich because they promised to play him centre midfield, rather than wide midfield where we used him.

Norwich, of course, played him out wide...
From memory he could pretty much play anywhere. He’d occasionally weigh in with wonder strike too.
Did we get about £750k for him...might have been £500k?

NorthernWisdom

From memory he could pretty much play anywhere. He’d occasionally weigh in with wonder strike too.
Did we get about £750k for him...might have been £500k?
He could - he even covered in goal for Plymouth!

And yeah, it was £600k I think, after a tribunal.

We got him in exchange for Perry Suckling, so reckon we got the best part of that deal!

Users who are viewing this thread