Bundesliga (1 Viewer)

elephanttears

Cant deny it, the best teams and league in the world at the minute. Fair play to them.

Covstu

two top teams but I would question the amount of competition they have though?? Munich seem to be winning by 5 & 6 every game at the moment!

Marty

Agree, been saying it all season, the worrying thing is the amount of home grown talent they are producing.

elephanttears

They have caught us on the hop here, the atmospheres and crowds there getting are impressive. Our best team is Man U and its like a library there.

Covstu

I think you will see English sides becoming a force again in Europe. United with a few tweaks will be back (zaha a major asset), if Chelsea get falcao and we all know that city will spend huge in the summer (sadly not us!).

Hats off to the germans, they proved to the Spanish on how to play real football with power and pace. Very efficient use of the ball rather than playing possession football

Brighton Sky Blue

I think you will see English sides becoming a force again in Europe. United with a few tweaks will be back (zaha a major asset), if Chelsea get falcao and we all know that city will spend huge in the summer (sadly not us!).

Hats off to the germans, they proved to the Spanish on how to play real football with power and pace. Very efficient use of the ball rather than playing possession football

English football seems to be heavily reliant on big spending to remain competitive. The German model for years has kept costs down and entertainment high, with an emphasis on fan involvement. Either we readjust accordingly or things will not improve.

kg82

English football seems to be heavily reliant on big spending to remain competitive. The German model for years has kept costs down and entertainment high, with an emphasis on fan involvement. Either we readjust accordingly or things will not improve.

Bingo. The way the Dortmund players at the end just sat and took the adulation from that one end then celebrated with them was fantastic. You don't get that here. And if you look at the Dortmund team, I think they've got 7-8 in their 1st team who are German and a lot more coming through. THAT'S the model we should follow in this country.

stupot07

Ticket prices are dirt cheap too, and a lot of clubs tickets entitle fans to free travel on trams, trains and buses on match days.

Darth Robins

Ticket prices are dirt cheap too, and a lot of clubs tickets entitle fans to free travel on trams, trains and buses on match days.

Safe standing in the grounds too. Definitely one of the more progressive countries when it comes to football, and it looks like it's starting to pay off now!

elephanttears

My brother lives in frankfurt, we went to the stadium on a Sunday you can just go in and walk around it people were just playing on the training pitch. There is no way you could do that at any of our top league sides. There getting it right with fans were not.

Sutty

It's been the best league in the world to watch for a while now in my opinion. Certainly Bayern and Dortmund have shown the style of football that will define the next few years in the same way so many sides have tried to ape Barcelona's style recently.

CCFC Germany

I'd give it a wait if this might be a one-time-only event.
Plus our national side did not win anything in ages.
But I agree with cheap ticket prices and rising gates being great.
Plus the lights of Dortmund + Bayern achieve their current success without being in debts like other big clubs in Europe...

kg82

I'd give it a wait if this might be a one-time-only event.
Plus our national side did not win anything in ages.
But I agree with cheap ticket prices and rising gates being great.
Plus the lights of Dortmund + Bayern achieve their current success without being in debts like other big clubs in Europe...

Well, apparently the prem was the best league in the world for a while and our national team hasn't won anything in nearly half a century! So I wouldn't worry about that!

Tad

To be honest, It's always been a better League then most give them credit for. Everyone always looks to La Liga as the best, which I think is rubbish. They have about 3 dominating teams over there and the rest are poor. The German league have a much more level playing field for all the teams.

Look at Ronaldo for example, in his time in the prem, he got 131 points (84 goals + 47 assists). Now, since his move he's got 189 points (143 goals + 46 assists). Ronaldo is a good player, but he hasn't improved in that much in the league. Messi is great over there, but I wonder if he would be as great if he played in a league with better competition...

Sutty

None of the sides fighting for the Champions League places have a midfield pairing of Phil Neville and Leon Osman let me put it that way.

ccfctommy

I think Spain and England have very competitive leagues. With germany, the top 2 win by like 5 goals unless they're up against eachother. Its too predictable, but in Spain and here, anyone can beat anyone

Look how many teams have won the Bundesliga in recent years. Compared to here and Spain.

Tad

Like where? The PL? haha!

yet, like i said, Ronaldo wasn't racking up as many points here as he is there. La Liga has got about 4 competitive teams. The rest are rubbish.

Brighton Sky Blue

Our teams only compete at the level they do off the back of being filthy rich or being owned by an oil or gas tycoon-it's no way to make a success of the game. Swansea, if they continue with their current momentum, are the only team coming close. German football fans can go and watch the best teams in the land for less than an adult pays to watch the City-surely that's telling us something?

Sadly I just don't think those in charge of the Premier League will ever want to allow financial commonsense to prevail over their wallets. Like I said earlier, either we cut out this over dependence on money for success or our strongest teams will struggle to compete-let alone the national side.

WillieStanley

Our teams only compete at the level they do off the back of being filthy rich or being owned by an oil or gas tycoon-it's no way to make a success of the game. Swansea, if they continue with their current momentum, are the only team coming close. German football fans can go and watch the best teams in the land for less than an adult pays to watch the City-surely that's telling us something?

Sadly I just don't think those in charge of the Premier League will ever want to allow financial commonsense to prevail over their wallets. Like I said earlier, either we cut out this over dependence on money for success or our strongest teams will struggle to compete-let alone the national side.

I totally agree. That league is an ideal I fear we'll never reach while BSB and the PL money men are in charge. Even down to their terracing policy. Look how much Dortmund have spent in the last 5 years and how much their squad is currently worth.

Brighton Sky Blue

I totally agree. That league is an ideal I fear we'll never reach while BSB and the PL money men are in charge. Even down to their terracing policy. Look how much Dortmund have spent in the last 5 years and how much their squad is currently worth.

Took me a while to realise you meant BSkyB!

Hugh Jarse

Messi is great over there, but I wonder if he would be as great if he played in a league with better competition...

He was poor against Bayern and I've just started to notice he can be a bit predictable on the pitch, but hey, who wouldn't want him in their side. League for league though, I don't see La Liga being that much more different to the Prem and other European leagues. Two teams dominating, the next four or five are pretenders to the title and often flatter to deceive and the rest are looking for mid table places with two down and out duffers at the bottom waiting for the season to end.

The one thing I'd love to know though is how would Messi cope with the physicality of the Premiership? Guess we'll never find out.

kg82

He was poor against Bayern and I've just started to notice he can be a bit predictable on the pitch, but hey, who wouldn't want him in their side. League for league though, I don't see La Liga being that much more different to the Prem and other European leagues. Two teams dominating, the next four or five are pretenders to the title and often flatter to deceive and the rest are looking for mid table places with two down and out duffers at the bottom waiting for the season to end.

The one thing I'd love to know though is how would Messi cope with the physicality of the Premiership? Guess we'll never find out.

I wouldn't judge Messi on the other night against Bayern. He was quite obviously about 30% fit but thrown in because it was such an important game.

I'm not taking anything away from Bayern, they were far superior the other night. However, 2 of their goals shouldn't have stood. Offside and a blatant foul. And then Barca had 2 excellent chances that, unfortunately, fell to a rookie defender who couldn't shoot for sh*t! The first one was when it was 2-0 I think - that could've changed the game. Overall, I thought Dortmund were more impressive out of the 2 (just in my opinion)!

Covstu

When Munich spent over £60m this season (not including their latest signing form Dortmund) I would class this as big spending in my book.....just saying

Brighton Sky Blue

When Munich spent over £60m this season (not including their latest signing form Dortmund) I would class this as big spending in my book.....just saying

You don't see them spending that much year in year out to be fair.

Brighton Sky Blue

I would say you do, just they're such a money-making machine it's money they can fully afford.

A lot different to spending an outside investor's billions.

This is more what I meant-it's money which comes from the club's income. A huge difference between the two Manchester clubs which few people seem to grasp.

Covstu

They already spent £31m on one player! I would agree with man city but i think United are more sensible with what they spend in my opinion and dont spend more than necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread