Burnley FC and their finances... (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

Just read this article on the BBC website...

Despite the content about their new owners, I was astounded by their financial situation (regardless of how it'll change with this takeover). Wages only 63% of turnover with £41m in the bank. What a great position to be in, considering they're an EPL team.

Interestingly, Paul Fletcher, who was on our board, joined Burnley FC after he left Cov. He's not been on the Burnley board for a while though. And of their directors is Mike Garlick - wonder if any relation to Sandra who was involved in Covs stadium advisory group wasn't she?

Anyway, great financial position they're currently in.

skyblue1991

You'd be a bit pissed off as a Burnley fan knowing you won't go down but not realistically challenge for the top half of the table.

However as a stakeholder... Kerching!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

If I was a fan I would have wanted some of that £41 million getting into the pitch as the football if you want to call it that is atrocious. At least when we struggled in the top league we tried to play.

Now storing up all that money has done them no good their ground is a dump, now they have been taken over in such a way if they go down they will be in real trouble

Users who are viewing this thread