Bury gone (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Very sad news. Could easily put our name in that statement i realised whilst reading that statement.

Paul Anthony

That's a very sad and tragic way to end a club's league history, an absolute travesty really. I can't imagine what it must be like for their fans, and the everyday staff, and you have to feel sorry that they've had to go through this.

Last edited:

The CableGuy

Very sad indeed

And yet 10 miles away in Manchester there are two clubs in millions and millions of pounds of debt and the EPL won't touch them.

Fuck modern football!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Not their fault the club wasn't run properly. Bury had a advantage over other clubs fighting to get promoted out of L2. The other clubs actually thought about paying their players and set their budget accordingly, and for whatever reason, Bury didn't.

I feel sorry for their supporters but the Premier League aren't to blame.

Frank Sidebottom

Real shame for Bury, But it seemed inevitable after having 6 games suspended. I suspect Boltons stay of execution is because they've actually completed most of their fixtures. Although from Appletons comments I'm not sure how the next 2 weeks are going to be funded.

The CableGuy

EPL: "Recent events have highlighted how decisions taken at Bury FC over the last few seasons have caused the Club and individuals close to it significant financial distress and there are a number of matters which, in our view, will require further investigation."

SkyBlueDom26

EPL: "Recent events have highlighted how decisions taken at Bury FC over the last few seasons have caused the Club and individuals close to it significant financial distress and there are a number of matters which, in our view, will require further investigation."
It’s all good them saying that, what the useless fuckers should of done is stepped in when the Bury owner was making stupid money decisions and not let this get so far

Adge

Very bad news. Thought that surely there would be someone with a rescue package at the 11th hour.
Hope it’s not going to be us in the future-you never know what these cockroach”s in charge will try and do.

Flying Fokker

Very bad news. Thought that surely there would be someone with a rescue package at the 11th hour.
Hope it’s not going to be us in the future-you never know what these cockroach”s in charge will try and do.

I’m not a SISU fan...they wouldn’t be here if there wasn’t money at the end of the rainbow. But...they budget to keep going as evidenced by their ‘pragmatic’ view on where to play. They also like distressing other companies. Piss the fans off and make threats of liquidation. Yet take the team out of the city.

Enjoy the football before anything changes.

kg82

So what happens to all their players now. Are they suddenly all free agents?

I’m guessing it’ll be like Rangers. They’ll set up a new company/club and give them the option to sign. If I remember rightly, that’s how we got Fleck, as he declined to go to new Rangers.

Colin Steins Smile

On a positive note for the welfare of our players..... having no game on Boxing Day could provide extra rest during a very busy time in the season, which could help with reducing fatigue related injuries

NorthernWisdom

On a positive note for the welfare of our players..... having no game on Boxing Day could provide extra rest during a very busy time in the season, which could help with reducing fatigue related injuries
giphy.gif

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

This is tragic. Just seen a video of bury fans - these videos need to be shown to the idiots who wanted the EFL to expel us, rather than allow us to play in Birmingham.

Our fans who wanted that are scum of the earth and quite frankly I’d rather them not be fans of this great club anymore.

You’re a moron if you think “oh just take the share and give it to Hoffman” - No - we’d have been expelled and we’d be the fans picking up the pieces the next morning

fernandopartridge

Not their fault the club wasn't run properly. Bury had a advantage over other clubs fighting to get promoted out of L2. The other clubs actually thought about paying their players and set their budget accordingly, and for whatever reason, Bury didn't.

I feel sorry for their supporters but the Premier League aren't to blame.
The Premier League is part of the big picture and has played its own role.

torchomatic

Desperately sad news. I really feel for their fans. Unimaginable.

I presume Steve Dale is shaving off his beard as we speak.

Sky Blue Pete

What were bury fans saying last year when they were promoted.

Fans now saying just a bit more time a deal would have been done

Covstu

It’s a tragic and cold way to end such a historic club, I hope Bolton doesn’t follow suit and I don’t think they will. There needs to be more stringent measures in place for club ownership but equally it’s a business that will never make money either. Let’s hope EFL are looking at this and ensuring steps are in place to support and not punish clubs falling down the same rabbit hole.

Mcbean

Seems that some of the interest payments on the ground and commitments to foreign parties were exhorbitent reminds me of the straw that broke the camels back with the insects ie CCFC to cover any consequential financials from the EU enquiry

OffenhamSkyBlue

BBC 5live clearly do not see the irony of reporting on Bury not having a pot to piss in, then moving directly to poor Alexis Sanchez having to survive on £400 grand a week.

Be careful what you wish for, people - Hoffmann, Elliott, et al offer no guarantees of being any better than Dale. SISU and Otium make very little money from owning us, having put quite a lot of money in.

Mcbean

Desperate news. I also feel sorry for Mansfield who finished 4th last year and missed out on autos because Bury were spending money they didn’t have.
This has happened to us both Leicester and Portsmouth were trading insolvently while we slipped down the ranks and lost 10
Points a pop

Users who are viewing this thread