Bury Points Deduction (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Bury have received a 3 point deduction for fielding an illegible player in the last game of the season, however the points deduction comes off last seasons points total meaning Bury subsequently drop from 14th to 16th in the final table.

If that had been us they would have probably deducted the points at the start of this season?

Last edited:

Otis

Bury had received a 3 point deduction for fielding an illegible player in the last game of the season, however the points deduction comes off last seasons points total meaning Bury subsequently drop from 14th to 16th in the final table.

If that had been us they would have probably deducted the points at the start of this season?
And made us play behind closed doors for the next 50 years and have a points deduction for every one of those years.

Sick Boy

Why? I'm not sure that we are relevant enough at the moment for people to have a grudge (apart from somewhere backwards, like Sunderland).

MatthewWallis

I'm sure when we stared the season with -10 points a few seasons ago, the reason was because we passed a deadline where the points could be taken off the current season?

They've basically got away with doing this then?

Grendel

Bet they wouldn't have done this if it had affected relegation / promotions. Once again the FA / FL using their 'powers' to make up the rules as they go along!

Bang on then it would have been next season.

CJ_covblaze

It should be this season. Why would it be different if it was us? We got a very lenient punishment all things considered. Could've been 15, 20 or 30 points the last time around for the various finacial issues. Also we didn't get anything for the illegible players that we fielded which was technically all of them for two or three years.

Gazolba

The fairest punishment for that infraction, which affected only one game would be to award the win to the opponents (I don't know what the actual result was). I cannot see any sense in a punishment that affects a different game or a different season.

Users who are viewing this thread