Butts park arena? (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

Both would be tight but I think workable. Obviously a new stadium doesn't have to be exact replica of the Ricoh but it gives a decent idea.

1.png

2.png

dongonzalos

Contaminated?

We have had that before
(I put an emoticon, in here with a mouth mask)
However my emoticons don't work
Is that as expected nick
It's in an I phone .

Seriously though mate yes I think it was the storage area for the old massive gas cylinder thingy (sorry forgot their name) that used to be opposite.

Dave how many acres are u thinking we need for this?

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Brilliant! Exactly where I mean. Cheers, Dave.

Looks a very similar size to the Butts and it's been wasteland for years now and it's right in the city centre.

Why hasn't anyone suggested this before?

Because it's too credible of an option for a bluff ;) someone might just call it. What are SISU going to do then? Build it? :D

dongonzalos

Impossible question when you don't know location, costs, other facilities etc. Maybe they could do it for nothing, just issues bonds against the stadium.

I wasn't having a pop it's just the fire station across the road
They have to pay 7 million to convert it into a ambo/fire station
So would it may be worth a cheeky bid, they might fancy buying a cheaper location?
It might help them out?

Last edited:

Rusty Trombone

The Google map I'm looking at on my I pad show buildings and car park on that site, so I take
it they've gone now have they?

Must be showing me old maps

No, why would they have gone? As far as I know there isn't planning permission for anything else on the site yet.

chiefdave

Looking on street map it looks like part of it is still in use by National Grid to park their vans. Rest of the site is overgrown and deteriorating.

Doesn't look like they've actually done anything other than just use a piece of spare land so in may just be in use until something else is built there. There are some houses and a church (gospel hall?) on the border of the site and its surrounded by housing and pretty narrow roads.

Brylowes

Looking on street map it looks like part of it is still in use by National Grid to park their vans. Rest of the site is overgrown and deteriorating.

Doesn't look like they've actually done anything other than just use a piece of spare land so in may just be in use until something else is built there. There are some houses and a church (gospel hall?) on the border of the site and its surrounded by housing and pretty narrow roads.
Thanks Dave , so the larger building is still there but empty & derelict,
You don't get that detail from above.

Brylowes

Aston Martin were offered Browns lane 22 acres
Appreciate a stadium is different to a factory but it generates a 1000 jobs?
Aston Martin wanted it dirt cheap
But chose Wales instead
That would be about same distance from city centre as Ricoh, but more rural a lot of green fields
between there and city centre. Mind you can see that area being swallowed up and built on in
next 20 years or so.

dongonzalos

That would be about same distance from city centre as Ricoh, but more rural a lot of green fields
between there and city centre. Mind you can see that area being swallowed up and built on in
next 20 years or so.

Houses or our brew stadium at 40k capacity plus a training/academy set up. Also room for parking. Aston Martin flagged up fir it who pulled out. So how about putting both sides to the test. See who really is bluffing?

Brylowes

Houses or our brew stadium at 40k capacity plus a training/academy set up. Also room for parking. Aston Martin flagged up fir it who pulled out. So how about putting both sides to the test. See who really is bluffing?
That whole area from M6 at keresley down to Allseley will probably get built up , the green belt lobby
are loosing the battle I think. People would moan about the stadium being out there , as they moan
about the Ricoh being to remote.

Last edited:

Hobo

For anyone wondering about this location, it's opposite the Belgrade Plaza car park, on the other side of the ring road, down from the fire station. Radford Road to the right, Abbott's Lane above and St. Osburg's to the left.
Potentially ear marked for West Midlands Police as Little Park Street is due for closure. And looks far too tight to be viable for football stadium.

Otis

Erm because Otis identified it as a plot of derelict land , when I googled it there are buildings
and a car park on it, that's all .

I go past it regularly and there is nothing built there. It's an empty space.

Otis

Potentially ear marked for West Midlands Police as Little Park Street is due for closure. And looks far too tight to be viable for football stadium.

Well yeah, that's what I wondered, but from the aerial view on that map it looks almost exactly the same size area as the Butts.

Users who are viewing this thread