Buy the club (6 Viewers)

Grendel

Funny how posters are still moaning about the council yet they are voted back in to power so most residents must be happy with them.

In the same way most people love David Cameron I suppose

Moff

Funny how posters are still moaning about the council yet they are voted back in to power so most residents must be happy with them.

I think they are t*ssers but dont live within the City boundary, so couldnt vote against them. Is that ok with you?

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Maybe my c&p post for the entire evening...

Little choice.

When it cameto the council, I actually voted Green, as much because I wasn't sure whether to vote them or Labour and, having a vote for the local government meant I could indulge both, and the Ricoh issue probably swung which way.

However...

I've thus elected into parliament one of the councillors who voted for the deal, so it's not really much of an argument. The problem, however, is when it came to the local election I only had leaflets from labour and TUSC. If nobody else wants my vote, how am I supposed to vote for them?

And even if I think the Ricoh deal is wrong, it's not the only issue for me to vote on. If there's no single issue candidate to register my displeasure, then there's little way to register my protest. So then I have to vote as per everyone else for self interest. The Ricoh deal is wrong, but I believe in public service and it being at as high a level as possible...

So, then, like it or not the RIcoh has not been an issue during the campaign. None of the parties have made it one... to me at least. Therefore, of the choices available, I had no option to register my displeasure. Therefore, my vote is not an endorsement of that decision, more the best fit of what is left.

Users who are viewing this thread