Buyagift - experience day (1 Viewer)

Otis

Anyone else ever had one?
Christmas
The one I got was for a three course meal for two and two glasses of prosecco at Zizzi, Prezzo or Bella Italia.

It was £29.99.

Bargain I believe, because I went tonight with my wife and we worked out the cost individually from the menu for each dish and it equated to about £70.

Seemed a steal.

fernandopartridge

Anyone else ever had one?
Christmas
The one I got was for a three course meal for two and two glasses of prosecco at Zizzi, Prezzo or Bella Italia.

It was £29.99.

Bargain I believe, because I went tonight with my wife and we worked out the cost individually from the menu for each dish and it equated to about £70.

Seemed a steal.
Or the menu is overpriced usually. Zizzi and Prezzo are OK but Bella Italia is dreadful

Otis

We loved it.

Yeah, overpriced normally, but 2 starters, 2 main courses and 2 deserts and 2 glasses of prosecco for £29.99 is excellent value in anyone's book.

My missus is very hard to please when she's eating out and she will usually just say the food is okay, or not bad, but she had a lasagne this time and gave it 10 out 10 and even took the unusual step of going to the serving hatch to ask to speak to the chef to say how very nice it was.

My pizza was fantastic too. It's called Campagna and that's twice I've had it there and it's one if the nicest pizzas I have ever had.

Some dishes my family have had before haven't gone down so well and have just had average reviews, but we both loved ours on Sunday and personally I have never had a bad meal there.

Maybe I have just been lucky with my choices.

They used to do a portabello mushroom burger there that was absolutely divine , but unfortunately it's no longer on the menu.

I mentioned how much I liked my Campagna pizza to the waitress and she said everyone praises that particular one.

Nick

Administrator
Not too bad, you may as well just buy those if you are going out for a meal.

I guess they might be down the Groupon line of thought to get you in there and see if you spend more or to make you go back afterwards.

richnrg

My missus is very hard to please when she's eating out and she will usually just say the food is okay, or not bad, but she had a lasagne this time and gave it 10 out 10 and even took the unusual step of going to the serving hatch to ask to speak to the chef to say how very nice it was..

Glad you enjoyed it, but I think the role of the 'chef' is to set the timer on the microwave and then to chop and drop a piece of parsley on top after the 'ding'.

skybluegod

We got the prezzo deal for £15 a couple weeks back.
Was £7 a couple days ago. It tends to glitch quite often the deal!

Otis

I do find that an awful lot of places are hit and miss. In fact, most. What are the chances that you will like everything on the menu at any one place?

We went to the Botanist and I loved mine and my wife was a bit lukewarm about her's. She then tried mine though and she also really loved mine too.

Think sometimes it can just be a case of finding the right thing on the menu.

Last edited:

tommydazzle

Up until recently Tesco vouchers could be quadrupled and used in Prezzo, Pizza Express etc, so a tenner's worth got you £40 to spend. They've now reduced it to triple value so still worth having - I get petrol from a Tesco garage so accumulate points fairly quickly. I find a lot of pubs do great food these days so tend to use them more to eat out with friends and family unless I have Tesco vouchers to use up.

Ashdown

I do find that an awful lot of places are hit and miss. In fact, most. What are the chances that you will like everything on the menu at any one place?

We went to the Botanist and I loved mine and my wife was a bit lukewarm about her's. She then tried mine though and she also really loved mine too.

Think sometimes it can just be a case of finding the right thing on the menu.
Still together then ?!:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread