Bye Bye Andy (1 Viewer)

WillenhallSkyBlues

I've been anti thorn since he signed mcdonald, can safely say now you won't see me at another city game till he's gone

He's just simply not good enough

rob9872

Still, at least you're not fickle.

BIG G

He has got to go i'm afraid, cant see how we can get out of this. We need a manager who can change things. Not just swap players and stick with same system, it doesn't work.

Macca

Typical footy fans really. He came and had us playing attractive football in nothing games and was the new messiah, bad results this year he is shit.

My view? I think the team is under performing, its better than this, not by much but still better.

Sadly then this lies at the managers feet, I think he needs to step down

ccfctommy

Typical Cov fans in wanting manager sacked shock.

Typical Cov fans in slagging off new signings shock.

MatthewWallis

What's wrong with that? A manager is supposed to
Be able to get the best out of his players and thorn can't do that so he has to go and we need to get a proper manager in

stupot07

I can't wait for a proper manager, hopefully one who has gained promotion or has managed in the premier league like Reid, Adams, Dowie, Boothroyd, Coleman. That will work.

MatthewWallis

I can't wait for a proper manager, hopefully one who has gained promotion or has managed in the premier league like Reid, Adams, Dowie, Boothroyd, Coleman. That will work.

What so your attitude is now, 'it didn't work before so f*** it let's stick with him and go down'?

WillenhallSkyBlues

its a results game, and if the managers not getting results, he should go, I'm sick of his excuses every weekend

I'm a student and my finances are low yet I manage to go every weekend home and away, why should I waste my money when we have under performing players and a crap manager making their living off coventry city fc!

6 Generations

I want Thorn to stay, if Marlon King had remained with us, then we would be mid-table. However, Clingan, McSheffrey ,Deegan and Baker let us down tonight. Cody and Juke couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo at the moment. I cannot blame AT for the players lack of basic skills on the pitch.

PhilWasn'tBabb

I can't see a change in manager doing any good. Its shuffling deck chairs on the titanic.

Not that I'm feeling despondent or anything

stupot07

its a results game, and if the managers not getting results, he should go, I'm sick of his excuses every weekend

I'm a student and my finances are low yet I manage to go every weekend home and away, why should I waste my money when we have under performing players and a crap manager making their living off coventry city fc!

I'd be more bothered about crap players making a living off coventry city fc....

rob9872

WHEN WILL YOU ALL GET IT??? THERE IS NO BUDGET THAT'S NO BUDGET. NOT SMALL, LIMITED OR WORKABLE BUDGET BUT NO BUDGET. WHO WOULD WANT IT AND WHAT MIRACLES DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO PERFORM? PEOPLE SEEM TO BE BLAMING THE MANAGER, THE PLAYERS, KIDS, THE EXPERIENCED PLAYERS, OTHER FANS FOR NOT ATTENDING. IT'S SIMPLE WE ARE NOT BEING RUN PROPERLY AND THE BLAME SHOULD LAY FIRMLY AT THE DORR OF THE BOARD AND OWNERS.

:blue:

Macca

can't fully agree Rob. I don't see that team as being a bunch of players who should be 4 points adrift of safety

skybluesteve76

WHEN WILL YOU ALL GET IT??? THERE IS NO BUDGET THAT'S NO BUDGET. NOT SMALL, LIMITED OR WORKABLE BUDGET BUT NO BUDGET. WHO WOULD WANT IT AND WHAT MIRACLES DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO PERFORM? PEOPLE SEEM TO BE BLAMING THE MANAGER, THE PLAYERS, KIDS, THE EXPERIENCED PLAYERS, OTHER FANS FOR NOT ATTENDING. IT'S SIMPLE WE ARE NOT BEING RUN PROPERLY AND THE BLAME SHOULD LAY FIRMLY AT THE DORR OF THE BOARD AND OWNERS.

The manager hasn't got a bloody clue though mate!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Love Andy Thorn but i'd be suprised if he's still here by the end of the week. :thinking about:

Nick

Administrator

So why is it in some games we are hammering other teams until their manager changes it (burnley, tonight) and they end up beating us because of their manager's changes?

It wouldnt be so bad if we ALWAYS got hammered, but we can play well but it is as if it is tactical or fitness.

rob9872

3-0 against a poor Millwall side to me is a hammering. We were unlucky against Burnley yes, but also very fortunate in some of the points we have gained. Its more than tactical, more than seeing games out or inexperienced or whatever other problems that are papering over the cracks, we are simply not good enough and that is no fault of the manager imo

Nick

Administrator
3-0 against a poor Millwall side to me is a hammering. We were unlucky against Burnley yes, but also very fortunate in some of the points we have gained. Its more than tactical, more than seeing games out or inexperienced or whatever other problems that are papering over the cracks, we are simply not good enough and that is no fault of the manager imo

What about Palace? That was tactical ;) He is 1 dimensional, once the other managers see whats going on they change it up and rip us apart.

Yes, the players are not amazing but I think we have the players to survive!

Macca

Though this time last year roughly the same side was looking at the other end of the table. On the other hand who else would come here. Its a sad state of affairs.

gouldberg

Want to know what's killing us? Dodgy board members, no confidence in the squad, shocking refereeing decisions, no cash, no light at the end of the tunnel, no future and a habit of changing the manager nearly as often as I change my own underpants! :facepalm:

The squad is not strong enough or confident enough to string together 90 minutes. They go into each and every game as underdogs and when you know that you're expected to lose every single week chances are you will! It doesn't matter what a manager tries to say or tries to change, those players will have it stuck deep in their subconscious mind that they should be losing. It affects you as a player. It takes a strong minded individual to overcome that, and let's be blunt, a David Bell or Chris Hussey doesn't strike me as that cold blooded confident type.

Name a player in our squad that would fit into a West Ham or a Leicester, there's none, not even Sammy or Juke. When other teams have those options to change things when it's going wrong, what do we have.....Clive Platt and Conor Thomas. Not game-changers.

Look at Doncaster, they just went and signed Diouf. What are we set to do? Sell, sell, sell in January. Don't kid yourself, we're a side rapidly on the decline with a shoestring budget that the likes of AFC Wimbledon could probably match.

We have a fragile, small, understrength side sadly lacking versatility and skill. The constant at this club has been dodgy boardroom decisions and zero cash. How anyone can expect us to compete when the players all know how much unrest there is everywhere around them is beyond me.

Anyway, let's get this revolving door going yet again Sisu, it's what you do best. Let's get rid of Thorn and in a few months time when we have no Sammy, no Juke, no Cyrus, no Bigi, you'll be getting rid of Carsley.

We've turned into a total joke to be honest. Angry and disappointed in the owners. Sad times CCFC :(

rob9872

11 goals in 15 games tells us all we need to know. That's more than tactical imo. Perhaps we should be seeing games out, perhaps some experience would have helped Andy do things differently but we always knew he was raw and learning on the job. His mistakes have unfortunately been exposed by our lack of quality and in particular in the goals scored column. Again it is only Juke who has scored more than onme goal all season. You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear.

Johnnythespider

Andy thorn is doing 2 jobs, the only way he will be replaced is if someone else at the club starts to do 2 jobs. Ladies and gents i give you your new manager Onye Deulieau. Onye will take charge of home games and ken will take charge of away games with an overnight stay in the best hotel we can find. we the board believe this partnership will rival the sillet/curtis partnership, we thank you for your continued support.

Marty

The players are just not performing, It's just simply not good enough from them, so far this season the youngsters have out shone each and everyone of the 'expierenced' pros. How Bell & Baker got new deals is just unbeliable. Employing clowns like those will bring us no succes what so ever. The players need to take alot of blame. so to does that clown Harrison who again has done fuck all while being here. Get rid of the lot and just start again.

sky blue john

I don't know what half of you expect Alex Ferguson couldn't keep this squad up !!!!!!!!!!
Right if we sack the manager for starters Sisu couldn't afford to pay him off and also couldn't afford a decent replacement !!!!!!!

sky blue john

Also people banging on about the players scouted its the managers that make the final decision on players !!!!!!!!
The Cody signing was a punt remember he is shopping in Aldi's and poundland not Harrods !!!!!!!!

GeneGenie31

Well if theirs one thing were short of, its hope. No hope of the players, managers or board doing anything to get us out of this situation. as Fraiser you to say, 'We're al dooooomed!'

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Re. Cody McDonald: I seem to remember the same excitement around the fans when City signed Freddie Eastwood. Just about everyone was saying what a great signing he will be and our "goals for" column would be well in the + side! I had my doubts then and I've been proved right - he's shite! I felt the same trepidation when we signed McDonald. Looks like I'll be proved right again. We need someone with a proven track record. Unfortunately, no-one will want to come to a side that is sitting in the bottom three in the league. And of course, we don't have the funds - or at least SISU won't release any funds! Anyone know any good local pub or club team players that would play for the love of the game? Let's face it, they'd be 10 times better than the pile of shite we have for a team at the moment! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread