Byng bid (1 Viewer)

hitmanhearns

a publicity stunt obviously....."must check transmission records" you dont miss a deadline if your serious....another Dhinsa

a publicity stunt obviously....."must check transmission records" you dont miss a deadline if your serious....another Dhinsa

How very true hitman, his chinese people not interested in us if he was struggling(so he says) keep them interested more concerned bout railway stucture and weve already got people in charge that dont give a shite bout us and the club so no thanks to the chinese.More interested in who the two football people are that are strong contenders....

torchomatic

Ah well, maybe one of the other "strong" contenders which include football people (hurrah!) will come to the rescue. We will have to wait and see.

JackTaylor

So, where are we left with Byng Bong's bid?

Is it in the ether?
He had transmission problems, I know a very good mechanic in Warwick who could sort that out for him.
Is it hanging around soaking up the sun in UAE?
Apparently the investors have gotten cold feet, probably bad circulation. Bong's one man band has gained an awful lot of publicity, good luck to him.

So, we are left with ACL, PHIV, Sisu and two investors with football backgrounds. Who could they be? Keith Harris? Peter Ridsdale? Ken Bates? Paul Fletcher?

All very intriguing, let's hope we find out soon. I have a feeling there are still a few more twists in this tale.

@richh87

The alarm bells rang for me when I saw he'd been struck off as a surveyor at one point.

Still wanted it to be true though

mark82

and to think that nearly 40% of people on here wanted him to take over the club !!!!

Still wouldn't mind if he brought investment. Maybe the bid isn't in his name? Maybe they have something else up their sleeve?

Everything is pure speculation until the names of bidders are released.

Nonleagueherewecome

and to think that nearly 40% of people on here wanted him to take over the club !!!!

How many wanted SISU back in the day?!? More than that I reckon.

Nonleagueherewecome

fair comment but i dont think there was a choice back then.

Well there was a choice of going into administration and seeing who wanted us with the debts mostly written off, like we should have done. There wouldn't have been any bidders this time around either unless we were in administration as "the club is not for sale".

percy

Well there was a choice of going into administration and seeing who wanted us with the debts mostly written off, like we should have done. There wouldn't have been any bidders this time around either unless we were in administration as "the club is not for sale".

administration isnt a good choice to make. your problems dont go away they just get a whole lot worse.

Nonleagueherewecome

administration isnt a good choice to make. your problems dont go away they just get a whole lot worse.

But avoiding it then didn't make the problems go away; we retained our historical debt, some of which would have been shed-at the cost of likely relegation due to the 10 points deduction, but it would have opened up the pool to other bidders who would see us as more attractive with the slate wiped relatively clean. Like now.

percy

But avoiding it then didn't make the problems go away; we retained our historical debt, some of which would have been shed-at the cost of likely relegation due to the 10 points deduction, but it would have opened up the pool to other bidders who would see us as more attractive with the slate wiped relatively clean. Like now.

were in admin now tho and we are still going to have the debt if or when we come out of it. tell me one good thing that has come out of this admin thingy.

Moff

So, we are left with ACL, PHIV, Sisu and two investors with football backgrounds. Who could they be? Keith Harris? Peter Ridsdale? Ken Bates? Paul Fletcher?

All very intriguing, let's hope we find out soon. I have a feeling there are still a few more twists in this tale.

I hope its Keith Harris. I would love Orville as Chairman.

J

Jack Griffin

I hope its Keith Harris. I would love Orville as Chairman.

Makeover, Sky Blue Orville
orvill10.jpg

@richh87

Really so your saying that when we come out of admin the 60 mill will be wiped away. Not sure bout that

As I understand it there is around 70mil of debt, and the creditors (Arvo and ACL) will receive whatever the Administrator can get from the favoured bid. As an example when Leeds where brought out of administration their creditors were paid 10p in the pound.

I don't think Arvo or ACL will be owed anything once admin is over.

I might be misreading how things work though.

grego_gee

As I understand it there is around 70mil of debt, and the creditors (Arvo and ACL) will receive whatever the Administrator can get from the favoured bid. As an example when Leeds where brought out of administration their creditors were paid 10p in the pound.

I don't think Arvo or ACL will be owed anything once admin is over.

I might be misreading how things work though.

I thought that initially and was thinking it would be a good thing!
But on reflection I think they will be buying the debt and don't think there is any reason that they can't keep expressing it in the accounts.

:pimp:

mark82

I have concerns that PH4 doesn't have the required funds to move us forward. That's why I backed the Byng bid and probably still would if they are still in the running. That and the fact they were talking up investing in the area.

psgm1

Banned
It's interesting, as the people who know the person behind this bid has been going on for well over a year saying he is preparing a bid. If it has fallen through, I suspect it is more to do with the administrator not coming out and specifically saying what is being bought. And to be fair if anyone is going to spend millions, then surely at the very least its reasonable to expect to know what it is they are buying and what liabilities are within the bid.

Realistically the only real bid worth serious thought is ACL, and whoever is backing that bid. After all sisu CANNOT guarantee a venue for fixtures, yet ACL CAN. If Mr Appleton DOES select sisu, then I would like to read his justifications for that decision. They have NO ground, they havbe NOWHERE to groundshare, indeed all they have are liabilities!

SiSU quite frankly can keep the contracts, there is certainly NOT a promotion chasing team there, and in one stroke will get rid of a manager with a ridiculously long contract based on a highly dubious record, and average league 1 players. They CAN do so much better, and it would be a totalclean sweep

Users who are viewing this thread