Callum ball (1 Viewer)

Otis

Why not play Wilson? Ball won't be here next season and we we have nothing top play for.

Totally agree.

He has been on the periphery at best this year and his loan is just about up.

What's the point? Why not give Wilson a go?

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Jackoskyblue

Last start for us, 23rd October.

We need to look to next season not play loan players who won't be here.

Exactly plus he's a grade A donkey, give the young lads a go in place of loanee's and some other the under performing senior players

Otis

Exactly plus he's a grade A donkey, give the young lads a go in place of loanee's and some other the under performing senior players

I can understand Barton's inclusion, but certainly not Ball's.

Stevec189

Is anyone who posted at the beginning of this come on and admit Callum Ball had a really old game today.......?

Sba180

really?? you're going to moan about ball, who i didnt think did too bad today with little help, when David bell comes on for 10 mins and touches the ball a magnificent and generous 0 times. this man should be shot to be quite honest

mark82

Is anyone who posted at the beginning of this come on and admit Callum Ball had a really old game today.......?

Still think in our current situation we would be better to play our own youngsters rather than someone else's. I would say the same of Bailey too.

stupot07

Still think in our current situation we would be better to play our own youngsters rather than someone else's. I would say the same of Bailey too.

Yep that was the point of the thread. Ball worked hard and ran around a lot - did nothing that Wilson or cody would do. They are our players and ball is not that was and Is the reason I don't think we should be playing him ahead of our own players.

Stevec189

He had an old game?

He had Good old game today :)

As for playing our youngsters who knows if any of the players who are out of contract in the summer will be with us next season so we might as well not play them on the same basis! Ridiculous argument. You play the best players you have for the team you are paying and the conditions.

For all we know be might be a Coventry Player next season!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yep that was the point of the thread. Ball worked hard and ran around a lot - did nothing that Wilson or cody would do. They are our players and ball is not that was and Is the reason I don't think we should be playing him ahead of our own players.
I get your point with nothing to play for we should be preparing for next season but I think Ball can hold up the ball better, is better at playing with his back to goal and links the play better than McDonald.

stupot07

He had Good old game today :)

As for playing our youngsters who knows if any of the players who are out of contract in the summer will be with us next season so we might as well not play them on the same basis! Ridiculous argument. You play the best players you have for the team you are paying and the conditions.

For all we know be might be a Coventry Player next season!

It depends what you class as a good game. He worked hard and ran around a bit.

Otis

Agree with Stupot.

10/10 for effort and working hard, but he didn't do much else and hardly won a header all game and never looked threatening.

Definitely worked hard and put himself about, but didn't do too much otherwise.

Jackoskyblue

Ill admit I was wrong went about his business in the right way id prefer players prove me wrong than to be proved right when I've doubted them

Nonleagueherewecome

He was OK, he gave us a target and was decent with his back to goal. Worked very hard. Was poor in the air but against two beasts of CB's (although Wilson did win more headers in his first 5 mins on the pitch than he did because he ACTUALLY JUMPS!). Not that he was used in the air too much as we wisely played it on the deck most of the time. Had one really poor shot, but I'll let him off as it reminded me of that really good Newman & Baddiel joke about Geoff Thomas against France hitting a shot that went out for a throw-in. All told for a player lacking fitness he can be happy with his performance.

Why not Wilson? Because he's probably better as an impact-sub at the moment. He's got bags of energy and determination, not to mention some flair, but he doesn't look a rounded player yet and lacks the know-how that experience brings. Using him as a sub is a good way to gradually introduce him to the side and increase his experience. He should be a starting option next season, but will always be a good option as a sub due to the way he can impact games.

ajsccfc

EDIT: Ignore me, the problem is that Ball isn't our player much longer, misread.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

I hadn't realised that wilson is older than ball.

Well, Callum does have middle-aged spread ;)

But he also has a lot more first team experience than Wilson.

Ball is one of many signings from the summer, including Fleck and Barton, who we have totally failed to get the most out of in this division. All showed today that they are more than good enough for this division.

stupot07

Well, Callum does have middle-aged spread ;)

But he also has a lot more first team experience than Wilson.

Ball is one of many signings from the summer, including Fleck and Barton, who we have totally failed to get the most out of in this division. All showed today that they are more than good enough for this division.

How did ball show he was more than good enough for this league today? He did ok, worked hard bit little else.

We may not have got the best out of them this season, but they also haven't forced themselves into the squad.

Ball should've been send back to derby in january.

Nonleagueherewecome

You can't terminate a season long loan unless all parties agree, this we know to be a fact.

He showed that he can do a job, and he's absolutely miles off match fitness. He's shown other glimpses, notably when he scored against Arsenal as a sub. He was a decent Championship player last season. If he'd had regular games and got his fitness up he'd have been a totally different player for us, as would many of the rest of our squad.

CJparker

Hopefully we saw the lat of him today - never impressed from day 1. Good luck with the rest of your career, shame it didn't work out etc

Users who are viewing this thread