Callum ball (1 Viewer)

stupot07

You can't terminate a season long loan unless all parties agree, this we know to be a fact.

He showed that he can do a job, and he's absolutely miles off match fitness. He's shown other glimpses, notably when he scored against Arsenal as a sub. He was a decent Championship player last season. If he'd had regular games and got his fitness up he'd have been a totally different player for us, as would many of the rest of our squad.

Doing a job, and looking more than good enough for this league are two different things. He couldn't have been that much of a decent championship player last season otherwise derby wouldn't have sent him out on loan for the entire season.

Overall he's been a poor signing, 5 starts and 7 sub appearances 0 goals in the league.

Nonleagueherewecome

I could bang on and on all night but you aren't going to agree with me, so I'll just let it go, OK? ;)

tomgault

Hes not a target man which you are all mistaking him for, he holds the ball up and links up play if he was a target man murphy would of kicked it long every time, but he didnt, he played them short to the back four who gradually got the ball in to his feet, and I think through Ball, we created more 'better' chances than normal.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Hes not a target man which you are all mistaking him for, he holds the ball up and links up play if he was a target man murphy would of kicked it long every time, but he didnt, he played them short to the back four who gradually got the ball in to his feet, and I think through Ball, we created more 'better' chances than normal.

Its a good job Murphy didnt keep going long! His kicks were dyer yesterday!

He's never been any good. At least Cody is taller than him and works for every ball. I dunno why we dropped Cody. For me its either Cody or Wilson to start on Monday. Ball just isnt good enuff

ajsccfc

Having shots isn't the same as 'working for every ball'.

Ball is apparently 6'3", but he's definitely not very short.

SBS

I thought Ball was ok yesterday. Their two centre backs, particularly no.5 were units and I think Cody would have been bullied yesterday. Our biggest problem is the state of the pitch.

SBS

Not from where i was sitting. Ball is very short and didnt have a shot apart from the one that went out for a throw. He just wasnt good enuff

The shot that went out for a throw was one where you have to almost come over the top of the ball to strike it forward. Ball may have fluffed it, but I guarantee you that a lot of PL players would have struggled to hit the target with that.

ajsccfc

Based on yesterday's selection, I'd guess now that when Ball departs us McDonald won't be far behind.

Users who are viewing this thread