Callum Ball (1 Viewer)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Cannot say I'm surprised at all, he was probably 6"3 and 15 stone at 14 and bullied his way through youth level with his bulk and was found out against experienced pros at pro level!

Covkid1968#

I coach footie with callums brother. Daz tells me that Callum just lost focus and fell out of love with football.....but is on his way back. Plus he played at Cov with an injured toe and was in pain for most of it.

By all accounts Daz was a better player than Callum growing up......but left the game after rejection at Leics. Nice family though

ps1948

Did he think he was signing for Norwich when asked "Fancy signing for The Canaries"?

shy_tall_knight

We've had some garbage over the last 5 years since our latest relegation. Andy Thorn's 2012 squad building was an absolute shocker the Edge, Reece Brown, Kevin Kilbane,

ajsccfc

It's always a bit jarring to see how quickly some players drop to non-league. McNamee and O'Halloran were two in particular, although when you're made of wet matchsticks it doesn't help with getting contracts.

Adge

We've had some garbage over the last 5 years since our latest relegation. Andy Thorn's 2012 squad building was an absolute shocker the Edge, Reece Brown, Kevin Kilbane,
Herman Hreidarsson-Gary Deegan-James Mcpake-Chris Hussey-Chris Dunn-Roy O'Donovan-Danny Ireland-Shaun Jeffers-Billy Daniels-Connor Thomas-Josh Ruffles-Aaron Phillips....... please stop!

Speedies_Chips

Herman Hreidarsson-Gary Deegan-James Mcpake-Chris Hussey-Chris Dunn-Roy O'Donovan-Danny Ireland-Shaun Jeffers-Billy Daniels-Connor Thomas-Josh Ruffles-Aaron Phillips....... please stop!

I quite liked McPake tbh. Don't think we got the best of him though as he never seemed to be fully fit.

fernandopartridge

McPake has gone on to play 93 times in 4 years, so probably about 50% of the games.He's had two injuries this year.

We've had so much dross over the last 15 years, unbelievable. So many journeyman players went on from CCFC to absolute obscurity.

ajsccfc

I liked McPake, he seemed one of those defenders who'd attack the ball without hesitation but then I didn't see enough of him to form much more of an opinion. Someone at work lived nextdoor to him and said he was lovely though, which always helps.

Hobo

I would disagree with McPake. I thought he was decent just unlucky with injuries. He had a couple of nasty ones with us.

stupot07

Must admit, regardless of the injuries I thought mcpake was poor, his positional play was as bad as reda's.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rob9872

Wood was a plank.

I thought he was solid, just carrying a bit of tImber and was oakay. In fact pined a little when he left. Surprised forest didn't come in for him.

Think that'd just about covered all of them!

PVA

I remember Wood and McPake being immense in a midweek game, think it was a 1 nil win against Forest.

oucho

HH - did well for us in his one game before he got injured. What might have been
Deegan - fair point. As with Swanson and Adam Barton, it shows how poor the SPL is that he has thrived there
McPake - agree with the comments below
Hussey - championship was way above his level and he looked out of his depth much of the time in L1, too
Dunn - Crewe home game. The prosecution rests
ROD - mmwwahahaa......I've seen better players in parks football
Ireland - never saw him play
Jeffers - useful probably in L2 or the Conf but he was above his level when with us
Daniels - thought he was decent and surprised we let him go
Thomas - injuries and mediocrity made it an outrage when he was offered a multi-year contract. TM's naem should be be sung for years to come for being the manager to bin him off
Ruffles - thought he was alright and surprised he's dropped into non-league obscurity. Shame, but I suppose that happens to some players who have a bright start.
Phillips - would have kept him on this season tbh, solid enough.

So, out of those mentioned they weren't all bad. Several were prematurely discarded, a couple never had much of a run in the team, and a few others were serviceable without every really making an impact. From that list, only ROD was true dross and of the others Conor Thomas was the only one who really over-stayed his welcome.

Joy Division

Ruffles - thought he was alright and surprised he's dropped into non-league obscurity. Shame, but I suppose that happens to some players who have a bright start.

Never dropped into non-league. Joined Oxford United after leaving and now in the same division as us, played nearly 100 games for them.

Hobo

I thought he was solid, just carrying a bit of tImber and was oakay. In fact pined a little when he left. Surprised forest didn't come in for him.

Think that'd just about covered all of them!

I always thought he would end up at Oakwell myself.

Users who are viewing this thread