Callum contract offer (4 Viewers)

ptr

I'll be more gutted about O'Hare going than others. Not only will we get nothing for him but there can't be many more players to have ever played for Coventry and have so many iconic moments/performances. Most of his goals are memorable too.

Slicing his head open and playing with a scar earned while playing for us.
The last minute winner against Blackpool at St Andrews.
The Birmingham away celebration.
Coming out to 10,000 people at the Big Weekend with Tom Grennan.
The Fulham games home and away.
The Birmingham and Leicester goals this season.
A simple but deafening song.
His performance v Sheff United two years ago as well. We are now seeing that performance each week.

Happy_Martian

Be a shame to lose him but I'd rather he go to an established Prem team than those who are bouncing up and down (and I don't mean WBA)

AFCCOVENTRY

I was at the forum, 90% of the questions were just from young kids.
Who do you support?
What's your favourite Cov Kit?
Favourite game/goal etc

One snippet I did get from a potential ITK (genuine links to the club) was that O'hare won't be signing.
Premier league is calling and likely to be January.
Make of that what you will.

Wonder how much we would get for him with his contract running down?

itsabuzzard

I'll be more gutted about O'Hare going than others. Not only will we get nothing for him but there can't be many more players to have ever played for Coventry and have so many iconic moments/performances. Most of his goals are memorable too.

Slicing his head open and playing with a scar earned while playing for us.
The last minute winner against Blackpool at St Andrews.
The Birmingham away celebration.
Coming out to 10,000 people at the Big Weekend with Tom Grennan.
The Fulham games home and away.
The Birmingham and Leicester goals this season.
A simple but deafening song.
Genuinely didn't know he was gay.

Gint11

If he isn’t signing then we need to sell him now if there are offers. I want him to stay though.

gruffskyblue

Just hearing him speak tonight, so many times he mentioned his family. And you forget that with a big money move he could set his Mum and Dad up for life. Why on earth would he NOT do that?! I really hope he stays. As I did with Hamer. But let’s be honest, with football giving people the opportunity for such comfort, there’s zero chance. And you can’t argue with that.

AFCCOVENTRY

The way he’s playing at the moment he would play a big factor in our playoff hunt. We should at least get him to stay till summer and then let him go or if we get to the Prem he may change his mind. For a few million now, not worth it. We don’t need money desperately. Hamer cash is sitting there and Vik is going to give us another pay day in the summer.

Manchester_sky_blue

We'd be mad to sell him in this window. We might get £3 million at best but for once we are not desperate and I'm convinced our best (and probably only) hope of keeping him is promotion to the Prem. I think Cal likes it here and would like to stay but he also knows times ticking on a chance of a prem career and prem wages. Throw everything at these remaining games and if it doesn't pay off and we lose him on a free so be it.

pusbccfc

Just hearing him speak tonight, so many times he mentioned his family. And you forget that with a big money move he could set his Mum and Dad up for life. Why on earth would he NOT do that?! I really hope he stays. As I did with Hamer. But let’s be honest, with football giving people the opportunity for such comfort, there’s zero chance. And you can’t argue with that.

Absolutely. Especially when 6 months ago he'd have had no idea if he'd earn a high level wage again.

Jodi Jones was close to a move to Leeds and ended up remaining in League 2 (albeit he's absolutely running riot with assists).

rexo87

I get both sides. But not accepting 3 million now is sort of like getting a really good loan player for half a season for 3 million. We would and should never do that. Very difficult one because of how much he brings on and off the pitch. But my head tells me that anything over a couple of million we should accept

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manchester_sky_blue

I get both sides. But not accepting 3 million now is sort of like getting a really good loan player for half a season for 3 million. We would and should never do that. Very difficult one because of how much he brings on and off the pitch. But my head tells me that anything over a couple of million we should accept

I genuinely don't think Cal wants a move this window. Winding down his contract makes much more sense for him.

AFCCOVENTRY

Another thing is… if he went to the Prem now, it would be a bottom 3 club imo. He would be back in Champ next season. Better having a crack with a promoted club even if it’s not us and do a full season in the Prem. Better platform for him.

ccfc1234

Could the family bit be read in two ways though? Yes he could buy them a bigger house but perhaps he realises there is more to life than money and wants to be close to his family to spend time with them while enjoying his career. If he went to Burnley etc. How much time could he make to be with them and how many hours on the road to see them?

rexo87

I genuinely don't think Cal wants a move this window. Winding down his contract makes much more sense for him.

Yeah agreed it makes sense to him to wait. But if he wanted to accept an offer this window and it was over a couple of million I would reluctantly accept

gruffskyblue

Could the family bit be read in two ways though? Yes he could buy them a bigger house but perhaps he realises there is more to life than money and wants to be close to his family to spend time with them while enjoying his career. If he went to Burnley etc. How much time could he make to be with them and how many hours on the road to see them?
Yes, it's a very good point. He mentioned that he was driving 6 hours a day when on loan at Carlisle and that was a complete pain. But it was worth it for him to be playing regular football.

Yank

As much as some fans seems to think differently, this is at the end of the day just a job for these guys and he is no different. Now, do I think he genuinely loves playing here, the fans, the atmosphere. etc? Absolutely.

Will I blame him or bash him if he takes a big money offer for the betterment of him and his family? No, I will not.

Of course we all want him to sign, but if he does go elsewhere fair enough. Wish him good luck and hope he does us proud and bring in someone else; that's how sports work.

robbiekeane

Yes he could buy them a bigger house but perhaps he realises there is more to life than money and wants to be close to his family to spend time with them while enjoying his career.
When you have a career that realistically spans about ten years of earning any sort of coin, there’s not much more important than money.

If we were talking moving from Liverpool to Man City in your prime and you’re already set fod life many times over then maybe other stuff takes precedence but not at COHs stage.

If he had a career ending injury tomorrow he’d have to get a job outside of football and work til retirement age like the rest of us. Get a 40 grand a week 3 year contract somewhere with a couple of hundred grand signing bonus and a house paid for, and he’s set for life along with his family

I know what I’d do

Matt smith

The way he’s playing at the moment he would play a big factor in our playoff hunt. We should at least get him to stay till summer and then let him go or if we get to the Prem he may change his mind. For a few million now, not worth it. We don’t need money desperately. Hamer cash is sitting there and Vik is going to give us another pay day in the summer.
I think he’ll stay till the summer

hints in his post match on CWR that was on his mind, talk of him helping us till the end of the season get where we wanna get too

Astute

Unless it’s big money just see out his contract and see where it gets us. Then he can move for nothing to the top flight rather than be back in this division with someone else.

At least this is the last time we’re going to be in this position for a long while.
Maybe the O'Hare situation is why we are giving out 4 years or longer on new signings. If the rumours are correct we wanted to sell him before he got injured which would have strengthened our side.

I agree we need to keep him for this push for promotion. We need all the goalscorers we can get or keep. O'Hare is like Hamer. Will give it everything every game. Can change a game in a moment. And would love to continue his journey with us but of course he wants to try himself against the best.

But it wouldn't surprise me if a Prem side came in with a late tempting offer. Would 5m for a player with 5 months left on his contract be tempting enough? 🤔

Brighton Sky Blue

Maybe the O'Hare situation is why we are giving out 4 years or longer on new signings. If the rumours are correct we wanted to sell him before he got injured which would have strengthened our side.

I agree we need to keep him for this push for promotion. We need all the goalscorers we can get or keep. O'Hare is like Hamer. Will give it everything every game. Can change a game in a moment. And would love to continue his journey with us but of course he wants to try himself against the best.

But it wouldn't surprise me if a Prem side came in with a late tempting offer. Would 5m for a player with 5 months left on his contract be tempting enough? 🤔
I doubt anybody would offer that, but if they did, maybe. Depends on our chances of a much bigger payoff with promotion if he stayed.

You’d have to call that a gamble though.

Saddlebrains

He isnt signing lads

Stop reading into things

Me and a few others on here with links have all said the same. The kid wants a crack at higher money and higher level football

The most important thing is we identify his replacement ready for the opening of the window in the summer, we only get 1 crack at replacing someone like him

Sky Blue Harry H

Even if C O'H staying until the end of the season was the difference between making the play offs or not, it would be worth keeping him (rather than selling in the January window) in terms of the extra match/TV revenue we would make. With the obvious possibility of a final/promotion Golden ticket possibility thrown in.

Viktor17

He isnt signing lads

Stop reading into things

Me and a few others on here with links have all said the same. The kid wants a crack at higher money and higher level football

The most important thing is we identify his replacement ready for the opening of the window in the summer, we only get 1 crack at replacing someone like him
Shame, Finn Azaz just gone to boro, he could have been good replacement.

Hopefully all the contract talk will die down (as frankly it’s so boring now), let him concentrate on trying to get us to the PL. and if he does, what a leaving present.

if not, we wish him well.

Chris1987

COH returning to first team action in conjunction with the formation change has been pivotal to the turnround in our season. His exuberance has rubbed off on the squad . Himself and Milan appear to be the ringleaders and its been a joy to see. I hope that when he leaves the positive mental attitude continues and that the players we bring in quickly buy in to the great team spirit we have. Whilst it will be a very sad day when he leaves we will never forget him . Teams need characters and he has personality in abundance. I will sincerely be wishing him all the best in the future and be grateful for what he has contributed to the club.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Looking like one of them where he’ll only stick around if we go up which is more than fair enough, so dont worry lads and ladies and others he’ll be signing a new deal 😉

Flying Fokker

Isn’t the answer to pay him the wages, extend his contract by a year and let him talk to clubs that offer us xxxxx money? Have an agreement that he’ll go tothe Prem if he really needs to at the end of this season.

Brighton Sky Blue

He isnt signing lads

Stop reading into things

You don’t need to be ITK to have realised this tbf

Sky Blue Pete

We'd be mad to sell him in this window. We might get £3 million at best but for once we are not desperate and I'm convinced our best (and probably only) hope of keeping him is promotion to the Prem. I think Cal likes it here and would like to stay but he also knows times ticking on a chance of a prem career and prem wages. Throw everything at these remaining games and if it doesn't pay off and we lose him on a free so be it.
What about a bid £5m plus

Users who are viewing this thread