Callum contract offer (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

It seems to me Callum has always put quite a high priority on getting game time but also to play at as high a standard as possible - choosing us over Villa, and opting to leave now. So his options at the end of the season are

1. Any club in the Prem, even newly promoted ones - he leaves. Fool not to
2. Any club likely to be automatically promoted from the Championship - say Burnley - he leaves
3. Any club a good bet to make Play Offs and a candidate for the automatics - say Leeds if they don't make it this time - he probably leaves
4. Any club likely to make at least the Play Offs - but offers more money. At age 25, he has to leave.
5. Anything after that he stays,

You would think one of 1-4 would apply and every one of them means more money, particularly now that he has proved his fitness and is scoring whereas before he could barely hit a barn door.

Anyway next year it is EMC - Torp - Sheaf in midfield with Eccles as back up

Flying Fokker

Time to do that is at the end of the season when we have a clearer picture of the landscape. It is not primarily about money, but playing at a higher level. It is just that playing at a higher level brings a higher wage.

We just need to enjoy and appreciate what he is doing for us between now and the end of the season.

Hamer is an example of life in the prem. It’s a gamble. O’Hare may be attracting interest from a bottom 10 club. Everton? O’Hare and Hamer may both be looking for new clubs at the same time.

Personally, the sooner we get him off our books the better, then we can forget about him and move on as a fanbase. At least he will not be around in August like Hamer was. The caveat to all this is that we could be in a very good position to offer them comtracts anyway.

Flying Fokker

Hear me out…

All season ticket holders. Quid a week, top up Cal’s contract offer by 15k, piss our way to the prem. Who’s with me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s a good shout…the club could do that in factoring ST price rises. £450 instead of £400. But the Premier cardholders would not need to spend a penny more.🤪

matesx

It seems to me Callum has always put quite a high priority on getting game time but also to play at as high a standard as possible - choosing us over Villa, and opting to leave now. So his options at the end of the season are

2. Any club likely to be automatically promoted from the Championship - say Burnley - he leaves
3. Any club a good bet to make Play Offs and a candidate for the automatics - say Leeds if they don't make it this time - he probably leaves
4. Any club likely to make at least the Play Offs - but offers more money. At age 25, he has to leave.

You would think one of 1-4 would apply and every one of them means more money, particularly now that he has proved his fitness and is scoring whereas before he could barely hit a barn door.

and Torp

Astute

1 yes. That's a given if we don't go up this season.

Haven't you noticed the squad we have put together so far? More to come in yet. We should be a match for anyone next season and should hit the ground running. No playing catchup like we normally have to after starting again with a new side. Why leave a club showing so much ambition that he really enjoys being at for a similar club at best?

He will be playing in the Prem next season. Just hope it's with us.

shmmeee

Well bring an AM in 100%

CCFCSteve

I was thinking the same but every passing week he looks more of a premier league footballer in waiting. Keeps up his form and I think he will have his pick of 4 or 5 teams

He deserves a crack at the Prem after battling back from such a bad injury. It’s a short career and now he’s added goals to his game Id imagine he’ll have some PL offers.

Brighton Sky Blue

It was always said on here that the thing keeping him out of the top flight was his finishing. Now that’s clearly not an issue he’ll be in the top flight one way or another next season. Just a pity we are going to lose out on £15m+ in the process.

ccfc1234

He deserves a crack at the Prem after battling back from such a bad injury. It’s a short career and now he’s added goals to his game Id imagine he’ll have some PL offers.
You sound ready to help chauffeur him off somewhere! As a club if we want a collective crack at the Premier league, we need players in our team of premier league standard! Might just be me but given how much we have supported COH during his injuries a 4 year bumper deal with a reasonable 10m non promotion release clause at the end of next season if we dont go up would be the ideal.

shmmeee

It was always said on here that the thing keeping him out of the top flight was his finishing. Now that’s clearly not an issue he’ll be in the top flight one way or another next season. Just a pity we are going to lose out on £15m+ in the process.

Well £9m (if that was the Burnley fee).

CCFCSteve

You sound ready to help chauffeur him off somewhere! As a club if we want a collective crack at the Premier league, we need players in our team of premier league standard! Might just be me but given how much we have supported COH during his injuries a 4 year bumper deal with a reasonable 10m non promotion release clause at the end of next season if we dont go up would be the ideal.

Haha, I’m just realistic. I’d love him to stay and previously suggested the non promotion clause but he’s still not signed a deal and indicated he’ll wait til the summer. If we got promoted I’d be gutted if he went elsewhere but if we don’t, he won’t be staying whatever we offer so we may as well get used to it

Liquid Gold

Should absolutely offer him the highest our structure would allow.

If he doesn't sign he doesn't sign but he's worth it considering what he'd cost to replace.

I think we may well do but wait until the summer. It seems we tried in Jan and all the discussion now is about concentrating on his football so I suspect MR doesn't want his contract to be a distraction.

Saddlebrains

I aint even arsed about the financial side. Usually I am, but let's look at it objectively

We got him for free. We, and he, have grown together, created fantastic memories and hes been part of those who got us from L1 to a top 6 championship club.

He leaves for the price we got him

Sometimes you just have to take that on the chin

Alkhen

At this point the only way his stock falls is if he gets injured again and that can happen to anyone.

He's going to have the pick of clubs wanting to sign him up at the end of the season. I doubt he is even entertaining offers at the moment.

All we can do is try and get promoted and stay in with a slim chance.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Well £9m (if that was the Burnley fee).

A better all round player now and scoring goals, so if Callum was still under contract Burnley would have to double that fee. 🤑

Some one is going to get the bargain of the season. 🤬

lacesoutdom

i wouldnt be surprised if a dortmund, Nice, real sociedad come in with an offer and he goes there.

Brighton Sky Blue

If Cal hadn’t got injured he’d be a Burnley player now, because he did his contract ran out. There’s no alternate timeline where we had him on a new deal TBH.
Well there is, but to get there you have to smoke from slowpoke’s pipe

Sizzler

Hear me out…

All season ticket holders. Quid a week, top up Cal’s contract offer by 15k, piss our way to the prem. Who’s with me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, this is the epitome of a well run football club, good idea (y)

Mucca Mad Boys

If Cal hadn’t got injured he’d be a Burnley player now, because he did his contract ran out. There’s no alternate timeline where we had him on a new deal TBH.
If Dabo scored his penalty kick and we go on to win the penalty shootout against Luton?

Happy_Martian

Only hope I have of him staying is that he considers the trajectory we're on. Promotion this season will be tough to impossible with those clubs above us. Perm 2 from the top 4 for autos and then we'd have to fight some pretty strong teams to get through the playoffs.

Next season however, we can already see Sheff Utd and Burnley dropping and I foresee Forest being the third. Meaning next season's Championship will be a lot more open and give us plenty of hope for a substantial improvement in placing. Together with the fact our team has now gelled and we're not groundsharing, we shouldn't have the faulty start in the way that the last two seasons have produced.

Cal only needs to sign a one year extension and he can be promoted with us. If we fail this year and next, he's still young enough to warrant a decent move to a Prem club. He's paid his dues, he's entitled to have one.

Balli001

Only hope I have of him staying is that he considers the trajectory we're on. Promotion this season will be tough to impossible with those clubs above us. Perm 2 from the top 4 for autos and then we'd have to fight some pretty strong teams to get through the playoffs.

Next season however, we can already see Sheff Utd and Burnley dropping and I foresee Forest being the third. Meaning next season's Championship will be a lot more open and give us plenty of hope for a substantial improvement in placing. Together with the fact our team has now gelled and we're not groundsharing, we shouldn't have the faulty start in the way that the last two seasons have produced.

Cal only needs to sign a one year extension and he can be promoted with us. If we fail this year and next, he's still young enough to warrant a decent move to a Prem club. He's paid his dues, he's entitled to have one.

Then he may as well leave this year. Zero incentive for him to sign for a year. Very limited reward for us also to give only a year.

Users who are viewing this thread